No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 4 - Bio 3.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol. These screenshots aren't so PS3ish. I guess the developers are just too lazy to make some cool graphics that are really next gen.
    Anyway... It's really obvious for us who have seen some RE 3.5 BETA to recognize some of the scenes there.

Krieg, download the song here:

I ripped it myself, I don't think it's in the best quality and there is a "KCHING!" on the middle of it just because I was going through the site (lol). I hope this is the one you wanted

Comment

Same REmake, DMC1, RE4 team :p With new batches out every week, the game's can hardly be considered "average" or laughable by any means. Not exacty eye popping at the moment, but it should be great in motion (competent physics engine reportedly) Also, every other AAA action title announced or shown so far on either the PS3 on the 360, DMC4 actually runs at 60fps (which put a limited on the character poly count)

Btw, Nero's arm is basically a grappling weapon, so it's not quite like Krauser's (aside from it being the right arm here).

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
        Same REmake, DMC1, RE4 team :p With new batches out every week, the game's can hardly be considered "average" or laughable by any means. Not exacty eye popping at the moment, but it should be great in motion (competent physics engine reportedly) Also, every other AAA action title announced or shown so far on either the PS3 on the 360, DMC4 actually runs at 60fps (which put a limited on the character poly count)

Btw, Nero's arm is basically a grappling weapon, so it's not quite like Krauser's (aside from it being the right arm here).
        Even if it ran over 60fps we wouldn't see any difference. Our eyes can't distinguish between 60fps+ and 60fps. And I think the greatest action game to come will be Lost Planet, I don't think DMC4 will be a great hit, after all, no one is buying sony's crap for 600US$.

Comment

;_; Why are people under that misconception? Of course you can tell between 30 and 60 FPS in a video game.

Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-21-2006, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
            60fps+ and 60fps.
            Sadly, 30 does not fall between 60 and +60.

Some people like to say that you can't see the difference between 30 and 60, but that's an old standard, much like how in audio, they like to say you can't hear a one decible change. The trained eye/ear can. But as far as going over 60, Pedro's correct.
            Last edited by Nikovich; 09-21-2006, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Oh right, I didnt see that. Id agree on that point that after 60 its pretty much useless.

Comment

Even if it ran over 60fps we wouldn't see any difference. Our eyes can't distinguish between 60fps+ and 60fps. And I think the greatest action game to come will be Lost Planet, I don't think DMC4 will be a great hit, after all, no one is buying sony's crap for 600US$.

I didn't say it's running over 60fps, did I? Play MGS2 for 5 minutes, then switch to any version of RE4 or MGS3. It's hard not to miss the large difference between 30 and 60.

Also, an action shooter like Lost Planet isn't even in the same league as a pure action title like DMC or NG; this one is self explanatory. And yup, you're right.. no one is buying Sony's "crap" as you oh-so cleverly stated. This isn't a pissing contest between two consoles or two games (one of which is a brand new IP), so let's leave those remarks for forums like GameFaqs and Gamespot and stay on topic.
                Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 09-21-2006, 05:25 PM.

Comment

The FPS drop in MGS3 was MUCH more noticeable, though that can be attributed to the amount of crap going on and showing on screen at the same time.

Comment

Capcom also uses 2.5D motion blur to make 30fps look smoother. They did it in RE4 (REmake and Zero also), DR, and even LP.

Comment

This is probably the only videogame I am looking forward to.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tabutcu_55 View Post
                          Couldn't agree more

Originally posted by Nikovich View Post
                          Sadly, 30 does not fall between 60 and +60.

Some people like to say that you can't see the difference between 30 and 60, but that's an old standard, much like how in audio, they like to say you can't hear a one decible change. The trained eye/ear can. But as far as going over 60, Pedro's correct.
                          Actually, running at 30fps isn't that much different than playing it at 60fps. What actually matters is whether the frames are progressive or interlaced. 30 progressive fps is basically the same as 60 interlaced fps. So unless you are playing a game on the computer(where all signals are progressive, except when a CRT deinterlaces them that is...), its more important that it is running in progressive, at least during last generation. Now, with these monster resolutions we are handling during the HD "revolution", we need to remember that they may have said 60hz (or fps basically), they didn't say at what resolution. If its playing natively at 1080p at 60fps, well dayum thats awesome. If its only doing that at 720p, thats really not that impressive, considering you can do that on a older PC graphics card with a P4 single core on a much better looking game imo.

not to mention you literally cannot buy one even if you have 600 bucks to spend lol.
                          Last edited by metaleggman; 11-18-2006, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X