No announcement yet.

Spike's VGA '09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can think of dozens of bands that should have their own RockBand game: Marilyn Manson, Alice in Chains, Nirvana
    I'd like those.
    Oh man. I noticed in my original post I had MM as "Marilyn Mansion". I guess that's what happens when I try to refer to music at a RE forum. *facepalm*

Anyways, out those particular three, I see Alice in Chains to be the "most likely to happen".

With all the Coutrney Love-Activision drama, Nirvana RockBand seems like a pipedream. And as kick-fucking-ass that it would be to have MM RockBand, again, I see this as a pipedream - it just doesn't seem like anything Manson would go for.
    Last edited by MeganGrass; 12-15-2009, 09:15 AM.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
      doesn't seem like anything Manson would go for.
      Well he might, he had a song on Guitar Hero 3, though the song sucked ass.

Comment

Boring!

The entire show seemed like an endless commercial; shameless plugs promoting the yet-released move, PoP:Sand Of Time, misc. games.

...hell, you can even see in Snoop Dogg's face just how lame the show was - at one point, he looked like he was going to breakdown into tears of boredom during a performance.

And seriously, Green Day-Rock Band?! Don't get it twisted, I love oldschool (90's era) music from these guys, but an entire game dedicated to their simple power-chords and drum beats? Most definitely, no thanks... count me out.

I can think of dozens of bands that should have their own RockBand game - Pink Floyd, Slayer, Korn, Marilyn Manson, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Deftones, Fear Factory, Slipknot... the list goes on and on.
        I love Pink Floyd, but there is no way in hell that is going to happen. There are only a handful of their songs that would even work in a Rock Band-style game. I've never even heard of Fear Factory, and you gotta be kidding about Slipknot.

I think more logical bands to get their own Rock Band would be Queen or Black Sabbath or Led Zepplin, as they are considered real rock legends. I just can't wrap my head around why they chose Green Day of all bands.
        Last edited by Corrin; 12-15-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Boring!

The entire show seemed like an endless commercial; shameless plugs promoting the yet-released move, PoP:Sand Of Time, misc. games.

...hell, you can even see in Snoop Dogg's face just how lame the show was - at one point, he looked like he was going to breakdown into tears of boredom during a performance.

And seriously, Green Day-Rock Band?! Don't get it twisted, I love oldschool (90's era) music from these guys, but an entire game dedicated to their simple power-chords and drum beats? Most definitely, no thanks... count me out.

I can think of dozens of bands that should have their own RockBand game - Pink Floyd, Slayer, Korn, Marilyn Manson, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Deftones, Fear Factory, Slipknot... the list goes on and on.
          nah, man. i don't want anymore bands to have their own rock band/ guitar hero. all i see is sellout, sellout and sellout. if Nine Inch Nails or Dream Theater had their own version, i'd be disgusted really.
          Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 12-15-2009, 05:11 PM.
          Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Well he might, he had a song on Guitar Hero 3, though the song sucked ass.
            I agree. In fact, I really don't like anything new from Manson... on topic, though, if a MM rockband was made, I somehow feel most, if not all the songs would be newer ones. :thumbs down:

I love Pink Floyd, but there is no way in hell that is going to happen. There are only a handful of their songs that would even work in a Rock Band-style game.
            Yeah, I don't see it happening, either. It would be nice though, and I can think of a few that would fit: Fearless, Arnold Layne, Wish You Were Here, Brain Damage, In The Flesh?, and so on... (I'm sure a full setlist could be made to suit the game's standards).

I've never even heard of Fear Factory, and you gotta be kidding about Slipknot.
            A lot of Fear Factory songs obtain the perfect formula for RockBand/Guitar Hero. They've been around for quite awhile, and are actually quite popular. I highly suggest checking them out, if you enjoy metal. And Slipknot? I rethought it, and yeah, I see my error now.

I think more logical bands to get their own Rock Band would be Queen or Black Sabbath or Led Zepplin
            Quoted for truth. But, wait... I heard that a Queen RockBand version is in the works/was already released?

nah, man. i don't want anymore bands to have their own rock band/ guitar hero. all i see is sellout, sellout and sellout. if Nine Inch Nails or Dream Theater had their own version, i'd be disgusted really.
            I suppose you're right, and I kinda agree. It's never a good thing when an awesome band sells-out; their music turns to shit, they alienate their original fans, etc.
            Last edited by MeganGrass; 12-15-2009, 06:32 PM.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Quoted for truth. But, wait... I heard that a Queen RockBand version is in the works/was already released?
              Nope. In Europe/PAL areas there is a Singstar Queen title though.

Comment

What do you mean there was too much going on extra with the show? Like it should just be a boring awards show with awards given out and nothing else? The music adds flavor to it, regardless of how bad The Bravery sucks.

The awards are justified, RE nerds can be as butthurt as they want...there was alot better games out there than RE5 this year. Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece. The only award I was skeptical of was Jack Black winning the best male voice. I imagine they let him win just so he could do that whole comedy skit he did.

Comment

Working...
                X