No announcement yet.

HORROR GAMES FOR PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siren wasn't really worth it for some reviewers... they ranked it as a fair game giving it just a 7.0. Should i pay attention to that? Siren here its quite expensive and you can rarely find it at some stores... so i wanna know if it is worth buying.

I might be getting Dead Space (not quite sure... i was told it's a great game and all... but... not sure yet) and Jericho (I don't know why, but... something tells me i must try this game.. it caught my attention when i saw the first trailer and some screenshots)

I must confess that i'm patiently waiting for Dead Rising 2, Possession, Heavy Rain and of course the RE5 Gold Edition disc.

Is there anything else you might want add? This topic turned out to be a [/sarcasm]

^^

Comment

^Siren: Blood Curse (New Translation outside of the US) is my favorite survival horror title besides REmake and SH2. It's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
        Except for Deadly Premonition, which may or may not be coming to PS3. XD
        Japan is at least getting a PS3 version, but I don't think anyone should get their hopes up high for it to have English text (though, Audio will most likely be English)

Comment

Dead Space and BioShock, even though i don't consider BioShock a horror game, more like a suspenseful title. those are like, the only two games that are taking suspense and horror into the right direction. all the other games failed to do so. whether you consider them action horror, survival action or not, these are the games that are at least going to save horror more than anyone won't appreciate them doing it.
          Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

If youre considering FEAR2, I suggest you start with the original FEAR. Its superior to the sequel in every conceivable way except for graphics.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend Dead Space.

Comment

Survival Horror as a genre is just about dead. Yes, games still do come out but they are terrible. The biggest problem with Resident Evil 5 is that people of the longtime fans were nostalgic and wished they could feel the magic they felt with the games they played years ago. Ever hear your parents or grand parents talk about how things were better back in the day? That applies to alot of gamers in regards to this.

Jericho - Terrible, avoid it like the plague
                Dead Space - Is action oriented with a few more cheap scares than RE5 offered us. I feel Dead Space has potential to surpass Resident Evil as a horror series if it can evolve and keep up with modern gaming.
                Silent Hill Homecoming - Silent Hill games stopped being good after 2, this game is no exception
                FEAR 2 - If you like FPS it is good, if you don't...then avoid it.

Comment

Siren: Blood Curse is out on Disc in the UK and Europe.
                  I imported the Hong Kong/Chinese version which includes full English audio and text before the UK version came out.

Comment

Besides those already mentioned...
                    Alone in the Dark (I have the PS2 version but apparently they fixed and improved a lot of things in the PS3 version)
                    The Darkness, a FPS horror (I've only played the demo)
                    Dark Sector, an action style horror. It's heavily inspired by RE4 and has a similar feel to it. (It's not too bad but I kinda got stuck on it and havn't tried to finish it off for a while)

I didn't mind FEAR 2. But like most FPS/horror games, it's really just another military style shooter, with a 'horror theme'. I think the only FPS horror that I REALLY enjoyed was a PS2 game called Darkwatch. It's made by Capcom and looks and feels a bit like RE4 in first person. Very underrated!

^But geez, what a sad list of horror games on PS3. This might somewhat explain why I've been using my PS2 more than my PS3 in recent months. Siren, Silent Hill and AITD are the only games that could be labeled tradition Survival horror on PS3 (maybe Dead Space could be included but I havn't got that yet).
                    The PS2 has the Resident Evils, the Fatal Frames, the Sirens, the Silent Hills, the Obscures, the AITDs, Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, Kuon, Clock Tower 3, Cold Fear and more. And also LOADS of action/horror games.
                    The PS1 has an equally impressive list of horror games.

It's crazy but currently the Wii (the family friendly, kiddy console) has more horror games than the PS3 and 360 combined! WTF is going on?!

I'd love another Siren game but I also want more Japanese horror. Why aren't those developers making them any more?

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                      I didn't mind FEAR 2. But like most FPS/horror games, it's really just another military style shooter, with a 'horror theme'. I think the only FPS horror that I REALLY enjoyed was a PS2 game called Darkwatch. It's made by Capcom and looks and feels a bit like RE4 in first person. Very underrated!
                      Ever since I first logged on to a RE themed message board, Ive always seen people dishing the FPS genre as something generic or boring. Before XBL and PSN hit big, most Resident Evil fans also hated online gaming and networking in videogames, citing terrible behaviour and immaturity as a major turnoff. Having witnessed the major change in most traditional console gamers minds, its always bugging me when people something akin to "just another military shooter".

There are just as many generic and boring games in every other genre. FPS is just that much harder to pull off as the things you can and cant do with the game are limited. Even Bioshock was not a good FPS in technical terms. It was only good because people thought it was "stylish" or "different". But it was clunky, uncomfortable, very simplistic, the plasmids were quickly segmented as "useful" and "discardable".

By the end of the day. A well done FPS immerses the player much deeper than a well made 3rdPS. But the thing is. "Swords´n´shit" dont work in the genre. They just dont come off convincingly enough. So we have guns. If guns make the game a "generic military shooter"...

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                        Ever since I first logged on to a RE themed message board, Ive always seen people dishing the FPS genre as something generic or boring.
                        But but.. I like FPS games now! I have XBL and I steal Gareth's Steam account! I was uneducated in the goodness of the FPS world.

(Me and MoS had like a 2 hour argument a couple of years back before I got a 360 and couldn't play PC games about FPS games. I said they were boring and rubbish and he didn't think they were )

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                          But but.. I like FPS games now! I have XBL and I steal Gareth's Steam account! I was uneducated in the goodness of the FPS world.

(Me and MoS had like a 2 hour argument a couple of years back before I got a 360 and couldn't play PC games about FPS games. I said they were boring and rubbish and he didn't think they were )
                          Epic, epic arguments. Lots of insults and swearing involved, haha. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                            Epic, epic arguments. Lots of insults and swearing involved, haha. Good times.
                            Yes, semi-nude mud wrestling does tend to have its upsides.

Oddly enough, it was Halo 3 which changed my opinion of FPS games to begin with. I know there can be a lot of immaturity on it, but I just find it so much fun and it was the first game where I felt I could actually match up to some players on it and it really is just so much fun. After that, I've enjoyed other FPS games and don't really look to it as "Ugh, FPS" anymore. I guess I must have had bad memories from Turok on N64.

Comment

^I was gonna complain about you discussing Halo in a thread about PS3 horror games but...
                              Yes, semi-nude mud wrestling does tend to have its upsides.
                              ...why don't you tell us more about this^ instead. Omit no detail!

So nobody here had any love for Darkwatch?

Comment

Working...
                              X