Sonic the Hedgehog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic the Hedgehog

How many of you play Sonic the Hedgehog? I personally like the sega classics. The new ones have shit gameplay mechanics. Except Sonic Unleashed, that one was pretty cool. The very first was my favorite.

I need to get Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection...pretty much all the good, old Sonic games are on one disc. For now though, I have Sonic 3 and Knuckles downloaded from the XBL Marketplace and I play those a lot...so yeah, I love Sonic. I can't wait to hear more about Project Needlemouse...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I still play Sonic 1 2 and 3&k when I get the chance as I have the sonic mega collection.

I still find them fun though I get pissed off on Sonic 3 if I get to marble garden with less than 6 chaos emeralds.

I've played Adventure, which was fun. Adventure 2 was ok. Sonic Heros was ok as well. Shadow the Hedgehog wasn't great but was ok. But the latest sonic games felt like they were whoring out the little blue hedgehog and I just can't play the suckers.

For me, it was a Twosday. I'll always love the classics. They never seem to age in my eyes. Along with RE, FF 7/8, Secret Of Mana, Super Mario/Kart. Its seems that anything I loved as a kid has always stayed that way. Even Monkey Island. Sorry for going off on a tangent.

Comment

Topics like this make me cry a little inside. A sad tale... Sonic the Hedgehog (among with afterburner) was THE game that sucked me into video games, and become a big part of my life then. I just remember the music, the colours, charm, the simple story approach, with an attitude fast hedgehog and an awesome two tails fox. Sonic the hedgehog 2 is still my favorite game of all time (serious) and still remains some of the best music and level designs made in a game.

Sonic the Hedgehog, all the way up the first two adventure games on the dream cast/game cube (whether you look at it) was still a great time. I thought Adventure 2 was the best execution of a 3D sonic game (among from the bugs and some shitty characters) and it was definitley a challenge to all levels, especially in the latter stages. Even the advance game series was some of the best 2D games with a nice style to go with it. Sonic was in his prime really in his first games I would say. But still doesn't mean that he can still have some excellent games, but it'd take a bloody miracle to do a complete u-turn on the "sonic cycle" but "Project needlemouse" is probably going to be the biggest chance it has from a long time.

Comment

I gave up on Sonic after the mega drive. I never enjoyed any of the Sonic Adventure games. And the offerings since look to be just as shit.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
            I need to get Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection...pretty much all the good, old Sonic games are on one disc. For now though, I have Sonic 3 and Knuckles downloaded from the XBL Marketplace and I play those a lot...so yeah, I love Sonic. I can't wait to hear more about Project Needlemouse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZphmeStQhM
            It would be totally cool if they follow through their promise.

Comment

The first three sonics on sega genesis brings back memories and remind of when I was younger. Probably one of my favorites from that time along with Streets of Rage.

Comment

personally, i like i the Adventure series more than the original Genesis games.
                Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Working...
                X