No announcement yet.

WARNING: PSN Issues Feb. 28th : Resolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the PS1. When I play PS Original titles on my PSP/PS3 and the PS1 loading music comes up, it's really nostalgic and I love it. Used to play the original Playstation all the time, and the PS2 was a brilliant successor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
      I love the PS1. When I play PS Original titles on my PSP/PS3 and the PS1 loading music comes up, it's really nostalgic and I love it. Used to play the original Playstation all the time, and the PS2 was a brilliant successor.
      Well pretty much I agree with the success of PS1 and PS2, though I do hate to admit but 360 and wii currently is better then PS3. Wow and here I'm actually not in denial the PS3 is not the best currently among its competitors haha. Hey maybe give it a few more games then it would be loved like its predecessors.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-03-2010, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K.47 View Post
        Well pretty much I agree with the success of PS1 and PS2, though I do hate to admit but 360 and wii currently is better then PS3. Wow and here I'm actually not in denial the PS3 is not the best currently among its competitors haha. Hey maybe give it a few more games then it would be loved like its predecessors.

I couldn't resist that. It came into my head as soon as I read your last sentence, haha.

I don't really buy consoles based on who makes them, though. I had a choice of a 360 or PS3 two Christmasses ago, and the only reason I chose 360 was because Gareth (Zombie Fred) had one and it meant I could play online games with him. I just want the console with more games and which is more fun, and imo, that is the 360 this generation. Before I owned either console, I was more inclined towards the PS3 because I know I loved their first two consoles, so it's not bias. I tried both, I love the 360 and I'm not mad on the PS3. Before I had tried the 360, I was one of the people who thought like "Hm, not sure about Microsoft, they've not been doing this very long" and I thought of them as a PC company.
        Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 03-03-2010, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post

I couldn't resist that. It came into my head as soon as I read your last sentence, haha.

I don't really buy consoles based on who makes them, though. I had a choice of a 360 or PS3 two Christmasses ago, and the only reason I chose 360 was because Gareth (Zombie Fred) had one and it meant I could play online games with him. I just want the console with more games and which is more fun, and imo, that is the 360 this generation. Before I owned either console, I was more inclined towards the PS3 because I know I loved their first two consoles, so it's not bias. I tried both, I love the 360 and I'm not mad on the PS3. Before I had tried the 360, I was one of the people who thought like "Hm, not sure about Microsoft, they've not been doing this very long" and I thought of them as a PC company.
          Fuck I got pwned

I am thinking of picking up either wii or 360. Though I do know of 360's online capability among its competitors is top notch. Most likely I'll aim for 360. Pretty much PS3 is still quiet from dominating its generation competitors like before it. PSP on the other hand has its ups and downs IMO and all I can see mostly is its downs. Its pretty far against the Nintendo DS for competition.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-03-2010, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• First saw this video at psx-scene and my first thought was jesus how can anyone allow themselfs to get into that state just because they can't take a minute away from their console, I almost puked.
            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Is he serious? I thought he was joking.
              Infact, I was ashamed I even watched that.
              That's just disturbing.

Comment

• Don't worry. After a few more pizzas it's mass will become so great, that it will collapse into itself.

Comment

• Seems that some new details have emerged on the internal clock issue (touched on in Carnivol's post):

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/02/apocalyps3-8-out-of-11-ps3-fat-skus-affected-ps3-shared-zune/

The internal clock driver written by Freescale is to blame, something that affected the MICROSOFT (Ohmigod they're incompetent too!!!!! Nintendo is the best!!!) Zune on December 31st, 2008. Apparently 8 of 11 "FAT" PS3s (no slims whatsoever) were affected, according to an unofficial compilation list by Digital Foundry. (That's just slightly less than ALL PS3s in EXISTENCE!!!! )

The major problem remaining, for those that care, is that Sony seemingly had to know about the problem, with the highly publicized Zune issue pretty much indicating the chip was faulty. The Zune and PS3 share the same ARM CPU chip. I'm not sure if that chip is common in all PS3s, or just the older models...especially since the new slims were unaffected. And then there's the older PS3s which do have the same processor and did not experience any problems. So maybe there was some belief on Sony's behalf that not all chips would be flawed?

If Sony did know about the problem, that is poor business practice to have not taken any preventative measures. Still, all the details are not known and we must wait for additional information to be revealed. They still had to know there'd potentially be problems.

Either way, this is a small problem that took 24-hours to fix itself (Sony dodged a major bullet for the time being); whether this requires a patch to prevent it from happening again remains to be seen.

As for all the hullabaloo on trying to differentiate a software problem -vs- a hardware problem...what's the difference, really? Both issues are the same since they are flaws within a device that keep it from operating at 100%.

It's really a no-brainer to decide whether you'd be less concerned over a 24-hour problem as opposed to one that requires a few weeks worth of physical repairs (like YLOD, RROD, or Wii optical drive). Anyone who claims otherwise is fooling themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dTvSa1rCOY
                  Last edited by Jill's Boob; 03-03-2010, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• A new warning for everyone:

If you lost some trophies at first but managed to get them back by resyncing your online list, be aware there is a possiblity of a weird bug in playing some games.

As I mentioned earlier I lost my AVP trophies from the downtime, but got them back when I resynced my console. However when I tried playing the game again earlier today, the first trophy I got (trophies actually... 2 from one level) caused my trophy list to wig out and I was given three error messages.

Firstly I was told I my network connection had done an unexpecated action. Then I was told I had caused a network error (sadly I didn't get the chance to write down the code). Then finally trying to sign in to the PSN again gave me a message saying I could not sign in at all. Checking my trophies, I'd lost all the ones except the 2 I'd just earned as well.

I rebooted my console and signed in, resynced my trophies (which thankfully re-added my trophies back in from my online profile + added the ones I'd just earned). But at this stage I'm potentially hesistant to believe this may not happen again the next time I earn a trophy in the same game. If it does, I'll be taking down the error codes and contacting Sony. Clearly this sort of thing could affect many people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                        *snip*
                        You didn't need to reboot your console, just sync the trophies. This sort of thing happened when I swapped the HDD on my old unit, and even with I switched to the slim earlier in the year.

A game's entire trophy list would immediately disappear when I played a game, and would either require me to re-earn them, or automatically pop out in succession. I got some network error messages as well until I quit and synced the trophies again with the server. Sometimes it took a few minutes.

On this note, the old unit has finally stopped working again. Time to sell the parts I suppose.

Comment

• I tried to resync first, twice actually, but I couldn't. I attempted to resign into the PSN 3 times, also no luck. The error fully locked down my console from being able to do anything with items affected until I rebooted it.

Sorry to hear the old unit finally gave up, especially given the age of it for what benefits you would have gotten.
                          Last edited by Rombie; 03-05-2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X