Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is a god! (BC:Rearmed team lives!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a god! (BC:Rearmed team lives!)

Randomwab just threw a link at me on MSN seconds ago, and I... I... grinned!

The chaps at GRIN that worked on BC: Rearmed have now formed: Might and Delight!

Now... bring me names! NAMES! (And will there be Simon?)

(Previously, some of the other chaps, mainly from the Wanted/Terminator team, iirc, went on to form Outbreak Studios)

For some reason when I think of you smiling I think of vast rows of teeth and lesser creatures fleeing into the undergrowth in terror. I wonder why...

Still, good news. It's always better to have these things running around, creating shiny stuff.

Comment

I'm always so thankful for how open and direct people are when they talk about how they envision me. It warms that echoing chamber that may or may not contain what could be identified as my heart.

By the way, the rumor-mill is spinning at maximum power at the moment (guess we can blame Captivate 2010's upcoming awesomeness). We've already seen the frontpage mention of a new Resident Evil Wii game and we've probably all heard a billion different Marvel vs Capcom 3 rumors, but one that stands out that recently popped up on a few sites is the words of a new Bionic Commando: Rearmed sequel.

!!!
      !!!1!1!

Comment

Awesome news. Though GRIN had released some very rushed games as well.
        Last edited by doomed; 04-18-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Their "rushed" games were Terminator and Wanted, which were handled by different teams than the ones involved with BC: Rearmed and Bionic Commando (the latter being worked on by what appears to be the seniors of GRIN.)

However, the fact that those rushed games were thrown together in such a short time and yet managed to be pretty okay-ishly playable titles without many issues of their own on the technical side (although fairly so-so-ish on the gameplay side) goes to show how impressive their engine (Diesel) and its tools were. Can't really think of any other studios that've been able to whip together license games on request at such a short notice without the end result being complete and utter garbage (in typical license game tradition)

Anyway, some of the guys who worked on Wanted and Terminator formed a company called "Outbreak Studios" (after the closure of GRIN) (if you wanna stalk their current business)

Comment

The fact that the games they rushed (along with the not-bad-but-boring Bionic Commando next-gen title) weren't utter garbage is hardly an achievement.

I can't congratulate them neither for the choice to develop these games, nor for the end result.

I'm very interested in Fatshark / Bitsquid, where a couple of lead devs from Grin have moved to.

They had previously worked on GRAW 1, 2 and Bionic Commando: Rearmed.

These are the guys that developed the Diesel Engine (and they used it again in Fatshark's Lead and Gold), and they are now actively developing a new dx11 engine for future titles.

BITSQUID RELEASES NEW STONEGIANT DX11 DEMOGame engine developer BitSquid, and game developer Fatshark, both based in Stockholm, Sweden, today jointly announc...
            Last edited by doomed; 04-19-2010, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X