No announcement yet.

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero seemed ok when playing him; just at a social match and somebody mostly spawned killed me with him. T_T

Comment

• yea I played one guy who would knock me to the ground and use one of Zero's specials where energy beam comes out of the ground and it gets you while you're down so there's no defense against it in that situation
      "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Was talkin' to my buddy Rog' on Facebook before.

Last edited by Vector; 02-22-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Tonight I had my first real experience playing random online matches, and I gotta say training for a week first made a hell of a difference. Of course, I still lost a ton, but I can't say I've ever had as much fun losing in any other videogame. Mostly because A)about 70-75% of the matches felt competitive even if I eventually lost and B)I can sense my improvement, and I make some rather stupid mistakes that in a couple cases cost me the match. But man, this game is just so much FUN! I guess it also helps that I don't feel completely lost to how utterly hectic things can get on screen like I use to, like a deer staring down headlights. Odd enough, the team I seemed to the best with(Wesker, Deadpool, Chun Li) is the least I practiced with, and the ones I practiced the most with(Dante, Ryu, Jean Grey) the least success. But I guess that's due to using Jean, but hell, I like a challenge. Also, I can't say I really ran into any assholes or terrible spammers tonight, but I'm sure my luck will run out sooner or later. . .

Also, I had the the distinct pleasure to play with none other than Mr. Spencer himself tonight. Indeed, I know now too to fear the wrath of the one known as Victor Von Doom.

Now, if only my arcade stick would finally arrive, the master plan will be complete(I bought the BradyGames Strategy Guide Today too. Looks like a valuable asset to own if you want to understand the game faster if you're not a veteran of fighters like poor saps like me)
          Last edited by valentinesdead?; 02-23-2011, 02:42 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

• I think the great thing about fighting games is, if you have a good game, whether you lose or not, it feels amazing.

I'm gonna have to start finding a set team I'll play as, I was thinking Chun Li/X-23/Sentinel

Comment

• Thank you, valentinesdead. I really enjoyed those matches were had earlier and I apologise for not getting back on, I felt like I needed to do some more practicing. As you can probably tell, I'm not great at the game. Though win or lose, I had fun and I hope you did too.

As of now my team is finalised - Wesker, Doctor Doom and Spencer. Not only are they all favourite characters, but I also think they compliment each other pretty well, especially when you use Wesker with Doom's HIDDEN MISSILES as an assist. Makes things very confusing I think when your opponent's focus is divided between keeping up with Wesker and gauging when the hell that missile barrage is going to land.

Doom's also in there as insurance should I come up against a Sentinel player who decides that "butterdicking" is the way to win, in which case I'll spam Doom's Plasma Beam and try and outdo Sentinel in a spam war. I've also found him useful in dealing with Dark Phoenix, whose projectile attacks can be really annoying unless you hit her with some HIDDEN MISSILES.

Spencer's Armor Breaker assist is also very useful for giving me some breathing room, as it pushes the opponent away from me. The swinging is fantastic for playing defensively and evading attacks, I've lost count of how many times I've managed to (luckily) avoid being caught up in an air combo with doing that.

Also, BIONIC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM!!!
              See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
                I think the great thing about fighting games is, if you have a good game, whether you lose or not, it feels amazing.
                I think what you said is very true, especially in MvC3's case! My losses far outrank my meager little amount of wins at this point, but it seems that I keep on improving, so I keep being drawn back into the dance.

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                I've also found him useful in dealing with Dark Phoenix, whose projectile attacks can be really annoying unless you hit her with some HIDDEN MISSILES.
                Yea, I wonder why

For anyone interested, I uploaded mine and Mr. Spencer's awesome matches for viewing consumption on youtube.

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7nErSBcCiw

Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1BNuzZhlHg

Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGrvJIBGgt0

Match 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZiS2LWx98c

I really love these matches. I'm aching for a rematch, Mr. Spencer!

In other news, I got my Hori Joystick in Thursday evening, and I absolutely love it! So much better than using a controller, but it's been a bitch to break in(and I'm still not so confident as to I'm 100% accustomed to using it yet). I played a guy in some online matches Friday morning, who wasn't really all that good after rewatching my recordings, but he handed me my ass nevertheless because my movement was still slow and cumbersome and I couldn't for the life of me do any air combos with the joystick--not to mention the numerous unintentional team hyper combos and the like.(And on top of that, I could swear the guy was using a lag switch at certain parts of the fights).

So while I got my ass annihilated in like 20 something losses and two victories against the guy, I was glad though because later on when I played with Jill's Boob Friday night, it was during our matchups that truly, it all started to flow. Jill's Boob kicked my ass a lot, but about the 1st half of our matches I was still somewhat handicapped with moving quickly and I only manged one measly air combo in fifteen matches or so. And then, like magic, it all started to click. Before I knew it, I was speed dashing all over the place and pulling air combos out the ass. i knew I must have been doing something right when I raped Jill's Boob team mostly with Wolverine a couple times(haha, I know you hate that!). I had major problems maneuvering Wolverine around the screen prior, or getting any combos started up with him, but my lord, it was like I was possessed to rip Jill's Boob's team new assholes with those claws. Wolverine is certainly a bad mofo in this game. Truly.

But the matches me and Jill's Boob had were truly epic. Extremely competitive, fast, and intense(well, most of them anyway), quite a few coming down to final blows, and a couple upsets. Much, MUCH better than our matches last weekend, since I basically sucked so bad, I didn't even bother to record any. But I'll definitely be uploading our matches from yesterday as soon as I get the chance to rewatch them, but that's already getting backlogged because of the fact we're playing again tommrow. Oh boy!

My only complaint about this game so far is no spectator mode. They better patch it in quick. There's no point in doing more than 2 player lobbies at this point. Who wants to sit looking at cards that vibrate for three minutes?

***Note, the three main teams I use currently are 1. Dante, Ryu, Jean Grey, 2. Wesker, Deadpool, Chung Li, 3.Wolverine, Akuma, Super Skrull.

Oh, and if anyone wants to rock a few matches and has MvC3 on PS3, just send me a message! The more the merrier.
                sigpic

Comment

• What setting you got your button layout for the stick? Type B I think it is best. On the stick the button config will then be like this.

L M H
                  S P1 P2

(imagine those alligned)
                  Last edited by Dracarys; 02-27-2011, 04:07 AM.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Hey valentineisdead and Mr Spencer add me my psn is FiveByFive91 we can all fight

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                      But the matches me and Jill's Boob had were truly epic. Extremely competitive, fast, and intense(well, most of them anyway), quite a few coming down to final blows, and a couple upsets.
                      You must be suffering from PTSD. I believe that you won only 8.3% of our matches, if my math is correct.

But you are getting better. Too bad that most matches end with the familiar poetry of:

"One...two!"
                      "Body check!"
                      "And another!"
                      "You're finished!"

But really, what's to be expected? Dante, Wolverine, Galactus...no one stands a chance against a man that has punched boulders.

And if Chris falters, there's always "assrape in a can" (a.k.a. Akuma).

Comment

• You can pick Galactis?

Comment

• To face Doom is to face one's end.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
                            You can pick Galactis?
                            Nope. But you can get his ending LOL.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Lol really? How do you get it

Comment

• Let him beat you then let the timer to continue run down, or so I read somewhere.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X