Resident evil 2 3d model format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident evil 2 3d model format

Sorry to annoy anyone if this was asked before, but did anyone figure out how to extract and convert Re2 models? And yes I am from Bioflames, and Dot can you un-ban me??
    I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

I believe Enrico from Bioflames found a way to view them but can't properly export the models due to losing certain polys or verticles or something along those lines. Most of the Resident Evil models are in TMD format which is the traditional Playstation model file format.
    Last edited by VirusPunk; 12-20-2006, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I cant unban you, Kim banned you.

Comment

I believe Enrico from Bioflames found a way to view them but can't properly export the models due to losing certain polys or verticles or something along those lines.
        I'm pretty sure the modeling format used in BH 2 is a slight variant of the TMD format. I was just importing BH 2 models into 3D software earlier today, but alot of the vertices are missing, however all the Primitives can be imported, though since the BH 2 TMD format varies from standard PSone format, the Primitives were corrupt.

From the past few years i've been browsing BioHazard discs for unseen materials, etc., i've come to find that CAPCOM really likes to use standard PSone libraries, but make their own headers/code for these Sony formats (ie, the CAPCOM dev team is highly experienced and literally coded their own TMD format using the PSone SDK Library as reference).

Most of the Resident Evil models are in TMD format which is the traditional Playstation model file format.
        Keep your eyes open, i've got a pretty good section (I hope) on PSone models coming to The Coroner soon, for now all I can give is this [incomplete] document on the TMD format.

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Thanks Mark! I also found a website that shows someone extracted Claire's model but without arms! Can you do this??? And Please show me. I am learning C++. I am not finished because very busy. And also trying to improve my 3d skills so I can make good RE1.5 models for project 1.5.

Here is the link someone posted for the .ADT RE2 PC version

I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Mark by any chance do you happen to have Resident Evil 4 gamecube models in 3DS format? Or perhaps a few zombie models from REmake and their textures?
            Last edited by VirusPunk; 01-04-2007, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X