Starcraft II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
    bought the collector's edition, thinkin' that i might play it once the stand alone gets cheaper ( $60 for PC game, no thanks, can't believe Diablo III is following that price, and i want that game more). people are stupid as hell on ebay, payin' past $130 for one, when Amazon still has them.
    Considering that WarCraft III was 60$ 8 years ago, it's not a bad price

Comment

Starcraft 1 was much better (especially on N64).

Starcraft 2 is burning the graphic cards down
      Yeah, good graphic and great atmosphere but Blizzard must fix the problem with the heat before bringing the game out!

Comment

How can StarCraft 1 be better on N64??????

And your graphics card won't get damaged if it operates at 100% (for the few seconds/moments you are on the menu), and if it breaks down there is something wrong with the cooling of your pc.

Comment

Originally posted by Stand_Proud View Post
          Starcraft 1 was much better (especially on N64).
          What?

Comment

Some of these matches I have been watching on the HDstarcraft channel have been fantastic play on how some of these guys counter attack their opponents.

Idra vs Masq first match and then the rematch

And Check vs Cargo Part 1 and Part 2

Check the channel out for more matches.
            Last edited by Zombie Fred; 08-04-2010, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Awesome. I loved watching Starcraft matches on YouTube and I'm having a lot of fun watching through some of these.

Haha that match above was awesome.

"The reason there are no zerg on the US server is because fags like you do builds like this"
              "Well I'm honored to recieve IdrA rage"
              Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 08-04-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Mass 10 marines and 2 siege tanks off 1 base in 5 minutes.
                Win game.

No micromanagement, attack-move units, macromanagement takes 0.2 seconds. Comparing this to EffOrt vs Flash Korean Air OSL finals... meh.

The ragespeech was embarassing and funny, though. IdrA clearly is not on progaming level. MasQ response was pure class. I do the same usually, but with screenshots.

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                  Mass 10 marines and 2 siege tanks off 1 base in 5 minutes.
                  Win game.

No micromanagement, attack-move units, macromanagement takes 0.2 seconds. Comparing this to EffOrt vs Flash Korean Air OSL finals... meh.

The ragespeech was embarassing and funny, though. IdrA clearly is not on progaming level. MasQ response was pure class. I do the same usually, but with screenshots.
                  Well yeah, compared to the pro Korean matches I used to watch on CholeraSC's channel (still do actually), the skill isn't comparable at all. It kinda helps me to watch matches with nooby players though, because I'm one myself. I have little tactics which work against unexperienced players (like Reaper rush behind mineral lines and keep nuking their bases), but against the better players, I don't really have a chance. If I watch other people's stupid mistakes, it stops me making them. It's nice to see how people play with the new units too.

Comment

Actually Idra is a pro gamer.
                    Greg "IdrA" Fields is a StarCraft progamer from the United States who played Terran for CJ Entus. He is currently retired, he used to play Zerg in StarCraft II.

I watched that match while the beta was down, and thought it was quite amusing. The rematch is great too. Both really show that micro isn't always the end all and be all of everything.

I'm really liking playing 2v2 - a friend and I are trying to get a vortex-nuke combo. It's gonna be epic when we land it (Yesterday I got the 'vortex 50 units in a single vortex' achievement, but he was too slow on the nuke ).
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                      Actually Idra is a pro gamer.
                      http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/IdrA
                      He is a "progamer" in the foreigner scene, but hes a nobody in Korea. His raging clearly shows that he doesnt have what it takes to represent e-sports on a professional level. Check all the great SCBW Korean players and youll see how mentally mature and selfrestricting those kids are, and most of them are younger than 19 (between 14 and 19). Pretty much the worst I saw was FireBatHero-s ceremonies, and while those were entertaining to watch, his competitors stomped him so bad that the poor kid is nowhere to be seen.

If youre arrogant, if you rage, brag, insult, the competition in Korea is quickly going to put you down. In Europe, USA, raging is part of the "professional" gaming scene.

My favourite COD4 team was Pandemic, before anyone claims I have a fetish for Koreans.

Both really show that micro isn't always the end all and be all of everything.
                      It wasnt in SCBW either. However the balance between both is and should be, when it comes to how SC has established itsself. You go with a build order, set up a plan, back it up with micromanagement and macromanagement. Its a whole where every part is equally important. If youre a micro-god, and your macro is lacking (or vice versa), theres not much out there for you except pub games.

Its extremely rewarding if you get your APM past 100 mark and you notice that you can do so many things at once, especially when all of those "things" are mandatory and not optional.

Comment

Yeah, the skill level in the link posted above and in this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRtguqz3qCc is completely different.

He's hardly Boxer! XD

Boxer's Battlecruiser Lockdown is pure awesomeness.
                        Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 08-05-2010, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Indeed. 8 battlecruisers locked down in less than a second. Thats just impossible. I assume youve seen the "Never surrender" game on Choleras channel, against Joyo. Its a one hour epic TvP and Boxer comes out on top from being at a total loss. That game was amazing.

Oh, and Boxer has his autobiography out somewhere, its posted as a blog, if you want to check it out.
                          Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 08-05-2010, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X