Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    So, just re-beat the game, again going for the Synthesis ending. I dunno how much the other endings have changed, or how different they are, but it was a lot more satisfying. They answered almost all the important questions (What the fuck is the Catalyst Kid, what are the Reapers, how did the squad get back to Normandy and what is Normandy doing going through the relays?) and changed some of the dumb bits, like the Relay network exploding. It's still red-blue-green endings but there's a follow up which pretty obviously changes depending on what you've done in game and who your partner is, who you blew up and such.
    Interesting, I wonder how or if they changed the destroy ending, the one I always pick because fuck that stupid logic and fuck the Reapers and Shepard lives. I'm waiting for the PC non-Origin version to come out, as easy as watching it on Youtube might be, it's not the same thing as doing it in the game I guess.

Comment

• Spoiler:

Comment

• So I chose destroy again, like I did the first time.

Spoiler:

EDIT:

Spoiler:
        Last edited by Vector; 06-26-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Can someone answer me this, do the people you take with you to the final battle die when Harbinger shoots at you? I don't want to risk seeing spoilers for the other stuff on the posts above.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
            Can someone answer me this, do the people you take with you to the final battle die when Harbinger shoots at you? I don't want to risk seeing spoilers for the other stuff on the posts above.
            Spoiler:

Comment

• I'm pretty happy with it. The one gripe I really have is that the Catalyst Kid should and could have been replaced by Harbinger. Harbinger was sorely lacking in this game, especially given he was the 'face' of the Reapers in two. Heck, he might be the oldest Reaper around, if I recall correctly. It would have been much more fun and interesting to talk to him over the Starchild bullshit we got.

The ending has a fair bit of variation now. Mass Effect 1 is pretty much who did you kill and did you save the Council, 2 is mostly who survived the Suicide Mission and did you nuke the Collector Base? It would have been nice if the was assets were more important, at least showing the Reapers having a harder time/more ground forces for Hammer arriving if you'd been more successful. Maybe causing damage/death on board Normandy if you didn't bring enough folks to the fight.

Some stuff was wrapped up in game. Most of the rest was wrapped up in the ending. The only thing I can really see being outstanding, as such, in my game was the Rachni. I suppose they're now RoboBugs like everything else (Holy Shit, cyber Thresher Maws...) but it would have been nice to have a mention.

EDIT: Alexdz, the Squad mates you take are fine.
              Last edited by Darkmoon; 06-26-2012, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vector View Post
                Spoiler:
                Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  I'm pretty happy with it. The one gripe I really have is that the Catalyst Kid should and could have been replaced by Harbinger. Harbinger was sorely lacking in this game, especially given he was the 'face' of the Reapers in two. Heck, he might be the oldest Reaper around, if I recall correctly. It would have been much more fun and interesting to talk to him over the Starchild bullshit we got.

The ending has a fair bit of variation now. Mass Effect 1 is pretty much who did you kill and did you save the Council, 2 is mostly who survived the Suicide Mission and did you nuke the Collector Base? It would have been nice if the was assets were more important, at least showing the Reapers having a harder time/more ground forces for Hammer arriving if you'd been more successful. Maybe causing damage/death on board Normandy if you didn't bring enough folks to the fight.

Some stuff was wrapped up in game. Most of the rest was wrapped up in the ending. The only thing I can really see being outstanding, as such, in my game was the Rachni. I suppose they're now RoboBugs like everything else (Holy Shit, cyber Thresher Maws...) but it would have been nice to have a mention.

EDIT: Alexdz, the Squad mates you take are fine.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

• Pathetic.

EDIT: It appears it's been deleted...? LOL
                    Last edited by Vector; 06-26-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• In basic terms, the Extended Cut doesn't fix anything but it feels better. Just trying badly not .... to think... about it.

OH JESUS I'M A LIVING HUSK
                      Last edited by Code_R; 06-26-2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• See? Doesn't it sink it a little better now that you've lowered your expectations? We can finally put this game to rest.

Comment

• So there's no extra scene with Harbinger?

Comment

• I have to give credit where credit is due here. This was awesome. The ending(s) are so much better and the game feels complete now - Bravo Bioware! Thank you!

One thing I tried and LOL'd at, just messing around, didn't think it'd actually work because it didn't before.. but you can now actually shoot starchild in the face! Be Warned though, this WILL screw up your ending!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Went through all four endings with my current save.

Synthesis is really nice, so is refusal (although that one's shorter than even the original variations of the endings), destroy and control are okay enough too.

I kinda wish that since they went out of their way to sorta "show/narrate" the epilogue stuff, that they'd do ME1 intro-text scroll-ish descriptions for the outcome of certain things, but I guess they'll roll with what they did in the original ending (leaving things somewhat open). I don't mind.

Nice DLC; though. Pretty sweet that they did it for free too. Now... bring me that mission DLC!

Comment

• Here's the 4th new ending w/ annotations to the other 3 (DLC-improved) endings. (Spoiler Alert!!)

Spoiler:

@Inferno04 Spoiler:

Overall, I think the endings are so much better than the originals...but I still think, the endings that we got were still somewhat lackluster.
                                It could have been better if it was actually rewritten completely.

There are still some questions to be answered which were raised up in the 'Indoctrination Theory' video, but it's something at least....

I can say I'm much happier now with how the Trilogy concluded.

If I have to pick my favorite ending. It would have to be the 'Synthesize' ending, it's the best & deepest emotional ending of the 4 endings with the greatest definition of 'Self-Sacrifice for the better of the many'. If there's no more games after this, I think the 'Synthesize' ending would fit best as the canon ending.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny comments I read on youtube on the 'Control' & 'Rejection' endings.

Spoiler:
                                Last edited by Kaneco; 06-27-2012, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X