No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimately, I prefer the Control ending. Seems like the kind of thing I would do. In fact, it's exactly what I would do.

Transcend flesh, escape from this meat prison and become something greater.
    See you in hell.

Comment

• Control and Reject are essentially the "Good & Bad" endings, the latter is great if you like bittersweet endings more.
      Destroy would be great if it didn't involve the utterly pointless death of EDI and the Geth.
      Synthesis is just an overly happy ending spurred by space magic.
      Last edited by News Bot; 06-27-2012, 07:11 AM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I had to do that final sequence three fucking times. The first one I screwed up when installing the DLC, the second I shot the Catalyst and got the refusal ending which wasn't what I was aiming for at all, but it was nice they added it.

Anyway, I chose destroy again. It was better than the original ending, it didn't have the feel of "what the fuck just happened" that it did. Too bad EDI and the geth died but I guess if they didn't nobody would pick the other options, it was also a nice touch having Shepard think about EDI while he shot the conduit though. I expected more than the breathing scene in the end as well. Overall, it was a good job at trying to fix the mess they did, and short of re-writing the whole thing they did the best they could with what they had, at least it feels like an ending this time.

Comment

• As Forbes put it, it's a band-aid on a bullet hole. The ending is still terrible and the download far too large for the miniscule amount of content. What may be more interesting for those of you still fond of the company and the universe, however, is the possibility of an upcoming SP DLC hinted at in the files (and it's not Retake Omega).

I think I'm well and truly done with Bioware, though. As eager as I was to see DA3, it's not enough to get me trust them as a consumer again. Don't know what I'll do with my ME games. I might trade them in, clear up the space on my hard drive, you know? Maybe I'll get around to downloading Dawnguard in the near future. I still have fond memories of ME1, but 1 game out of 3 really isn't enough to keep them around.
          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Tried them all last night before I went to bed.

Order:
            Rejection
            Destroy
            Control
            Synthesis

I LOVE how the rejection ending plays out.

Spoiler:
            Last edited by Smiley; 06-27-2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
              Ultimately, I prefer the Control ending. Seems like the kind of thing I would do. In fact, it's exactly what I would do.

Of course, you would like that ending Mr. Spencer...You're indoctrinated by (or rather obsessed in) TIM, and in turn, he's indoctrinated by the reapers!

In all seriousness though, I like the 'Control' ending and all but listening Shepard talk about himself, his past corporeal -self, and become some sort of guardian/protector/Reaper-guidance system was a little off-putting & silly. hahahaha. xD

It was great, but I felt like I was listening to 'Braniac' turning a new leaf in Superman/Justice League or some other comic book computer villain turning things around for the good of the people/humanity, with this ending.
              Last edited by Kaneco; 06-27-2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                Ultimately, I prefer the Control ending. Seems like the kind of thing I would do. In fact, it's exactly what I would do.

Brother Cavil, is that you?

So far I did Destroy, Control, and Rejection. The 'SO BE IT' part freaked me out. That was made specifically for those who complained about the ending. Much better than what we originally had and puts the IT to rest. I really did enjoy it but the best thing was they removed that text at the end that said, "BUY MORE DLC" and replaced it with a sort of apology but acknowledgement to the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
                  Of course, you would like that ending Mr. Spencer...You're indoctrinated by (or rather obsessed in) TIM, and in turn, he's indoctrinated by the reapers!

In all seriousness though, I like the 'Control' ending and all but listening Shepard talk about himself, his past corporeal -self, and become some sort of guardian/protector/Reaper-guidance system was a little off-putting & silly. hahahaha. xD

It was great, but I felt like I was listening to 'Braniac' turning a new leaf in Superman/Justice League or some other comic book computer villain turning things around for the good of the people/humanity, with this ending.
                  Shepard vs. GLaDOS commence!!

Comment

• Wow, only now I saw the other endings. While it didn't change my opinion about it Synthesis made me feel like shit for killing EDI and Shepard's narration on Control sounded like the prequel for a future super-villain before going insane and killing everyone or stabilishing a galatic dictatorship.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                      Wow, only now I saw the other endings. While it didn't change my opinion about it Synthesis made me feel like shit for killing EDI and Shepard's narration on Control sounded like the prequel for a future super-villain before going insane and killing everyone or stabilishing a galatic dictatorship.
                      Huh? EDI doesn't die in the 'Synthesis' ending...she dies in the Destroy/Rejection ending.

Comment

• So I just watched the Extended Cut endings om YouTube... Way better. I might be able to play Mass Effect again without it totally destroying my soul.

Spoiler:

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
                          Huh? EDI doesn't die in the 'Synthesis' ending...she dies in the Destroy/Rejection ending.
                          That's what I meant, I chose Destroy but after seeing saying "I am alive" I kinda felt bad about her.

Comment

• Spoiler:

Femshep's endings.

Comment

• Now this is just a 'rough draft' so to speak.. I don't write fanfic but I feel there could've been an ending somehow where it's EDI who dissolves herself into the beam, and becomes a sentient ship again like she was before on the Normandy. Then it could've showed everyone on earth looking as a huge reaper ship coming down from the sky.

The remaining ground forces all ready their weapons as the ship lands and the door opens with a bright light making it hard to see anything. Shepard comes limping out, badly injured and bleeding. Joker is concerned for Shepard and (regardless of his bone condition) he helps Shepard to stand up.

Joker says 'EDI uh .. she didn't make it..?' Shepard stops walking for a moment, managing to smile while pointing at the new ship. 'There's EDI, she has a new coat of paint but she's ok Joker.'

Shepard tells Joker that he should go try his new ship. Shepard then while your teammates run to help. Then you hear in the background everyone talking as the sound drones out more and more. You hear things such as 'She's (in my case) losing a lot of blood, we have to do something!!'

Shepard looks up at everyone: 'We.. we did it.'

Shepard looks over Garrus and tells him she'll wait for him at the bar. Then she looks to Liara and they hold onto eachother's hands.

Liara: Shepard.. I never got to tell you..

Shepard: I know.. (smiles while coughing up blood) .. tell our baby how special they are and that I love them very much. Shepard closes her eyes and Liara holds her in her arms.

Then it cuts to the scene that played earlier before the final battle, the one where Liara gives Shepard the 'gift' and they are together.

Fade out with bright light. The End.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                                That's what I meant, I chose Destroy but after seeing saying "I am alive" I kinda felt bad about her.
                                Sorry, didn't interpret it correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X