No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a post-apocalyptic player through and through.
    See you in hell.

Comment

Perhaps my final post before moving onto the creation kit - nearly completed most of the main quests, just the civil war and main story to go - nearly 100 hours played (Skyrim hit at the perfect time for me ).

Some interesting stats:

1st Fallout NV playthrough: 46 hours
      1st Fallout 3 playthrough: hmm around the same
      1st Skyrim playthrough: 100 hours+

Other games for me that came close:

1st Final Fantasy VII save: 100 hours+ (this was done over months though)
      1st Xenogears save: 85 hours
      MMORPGs don't count
      Phantasy Star Online doesn't count ;)

The natural content that is accessible without much digging is huge - and I notice on other forums most complaints come after people have already sunk at least 40 hours into it. That is quite something.. It held my attention for long enough so I can't really complain. The only real flaws are its replayability but that can be fixed with mods..

Comment

Did anyone else notice Michael Gough (Saddler) voicing the nords? I've been playing RE4 HD recently so his voice was still fresh in my mind, so when I started playing Skyrim last night I thought, "Saddler?!"

He's the nicest VA I've spoken with (over email of course), glad to see he's in yet another epic game.
        Last edited by REmaster; 11-23-2011, 10:17 AM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
          Did anyone else notice Michael Gough (Saddler) voicing the nords? I've been playing RE4 HD recently so his voice was still fresh in my mind, so when I started playing Skyrim last night I thought, "Saddler?!"

He's the nicest VA I've spoken with (over email of course), glad to see he's in yet another epic game.
          Can't say I noticed that.. probably because who voices a character is of not much importance to me. I did notice Arnie providing a few good one liners though "so you can cast a few spells - am I supposed to be impressed?", surprised he got in on this gig as the pay must be rather low for him.

Comment

Abosutely love this game! definitely game of the year for me. I decided to take my time with this game, too busy doing a lot of sidequests to carry on the main story at the moment. Having said that i cant wait for the first DLC for this game to come out. I wonder what it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
              I decided to take my time with this game, too busy doing a lot of sidequests to carry on the main story at the moment. Having said that i cant wait for the first DLC for this game to come out. I wonder what it will be.
              I'm also having a problem with focusing on the main story. Every time I start the journey to my next destination, I get about 20 feet until I see a creature/person and I MUST run towards it and see what it's all about lol. I have a feeling the DLC will be pretty awesome, judging by the DLC of Oblivion, I had loads of fun with the Shivering Isles.
              Last edited by REmaster; 11-24-2011, 10:35 AM.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

I'm also having a problem with focusing on the main story. Every time I start the journey to my next destination, I get about 20 feet until I see a creature/person and I MUST run towards it and see what it's all about lol. I have a feeling the DLC will be pretty awesome, judging by the DLC of Oblivion, I had loads of fun with the Shivering Isles.
                Haha I'm exactly the same, I'll start walking to a destination, and in the distance I'll see what appears to be a building of some sort, walk over to it and bang! there starts a 20 minute excavation of an ancient ruin. Always good fun! Im sad to say I never actually played any of the Oblivion DLC.
                On a sadder note, ive come across my first majour bug in the game. Basically the "Battle for Solitude" quest always seems to bug out and not start the quest properly, preventing me from finishing it. Its really quite annoying and I dont know what to do about it really.

Comment

Yeah it's very easy to get distracted when playing this game but thats a good thing - I just finished the main quest today (only played a couple of hours the last few days). I'm working on getting the master destruction spells before finishing the civil war quest. After that I'll probably start a Nord warrior character..

I think the DLC for Skyrim will include more on the Thalmor story, another dragonborn quest and perhaps something on what happened to the Dwemer. Hopefully they'll also do an overhaul of the mage class as pure mage sucks right now. If I didn't have archery I would of been pwned many more times. They'll also need to fix the smith/enchanting system as simply touching it will break your game (overpowered and too easy to make cash).

Comment

To be honest ive put a fair few hours into this game and ive only just begun to enchant my own weapons and armor. I really need the cash at the moment. Im busy with the college of winterhold story at the moment. its great so far.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
                      To be honest ive put a fair few hours into this game and ive only just begun to enchant my own weapons and armor. I really need the cash at the moment. Im busy with the college of winterhold story at the moment. its great so far.
                      Warrior player with no magic skills enters college hall.
                      College Mage: Please deliver this note.
                      *delivers note*
                      Warrior Player: I'm back.
                      College Mage: Welcome back, Arch-Mage, I live to serve you.

Perhaps an exaggeration but being arch-mage should be a little more exclusive

Comment

Freedom of Information.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent View Post
                          Sweet Dwarven armor bro.

I'm sporting the ebony set at the moment, smithing iron daggers like a mad man to eventually make some daedric armor. I was excited to learn that Vladimir Kulich voices Ulrich Stormcloak, I knew his voice sounded familiar.

You may know him as the badass Buliwyf from "The 13th Warrior".
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	buliwyf.gif
Views:	1
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	400711

Now days he'd make a good Nicholai.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vlad Kulich - 5 photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	400712
                          Last edited by REmaster; 11-30-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Ulfric Stormcloak is awesome.. that speech he gives when you first meet him made me want to kick some Imperial ass.

Comment

Sweet Dwarven armor bro.
                              Thanks. The chick beside me is "Mjoll the Lioness", a pretty awesome female warrior which I picked up and made follow me (buffed her with Elven Armor).
                              Originally posted by Scream View Post
                              Ulfric Stormcloak is awesome.. that speech he gives when you first meet him made me want to kick some Imperial ass.
                              Agreed, Spoiler:
                              Last edited by Trent; 12-01-2011, 06:07 AM.
                              Freedom of Information.

Comment

I always find followers annoying and prone to get themselves killed on harder difficulties, even with the best equipment, they also tend to make many tactics void.
                                Last edited by Dracarys; 12-01-2011, 12:44 PM.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X