Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my 3DS arrived, and two days early! I haven't opened it, I'm going to a friend's birthday party, but I'll definitely post my friend code when I get the chance.

If all goes well, I'll probably pick up Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and SSFIV3D tomorrow.

Comment

haha, Black Screen of Death already. that's why i wait for the improvement to come.
      Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

What did you get a black screen on???? Granted I haven't done much with mine as of yet but already, really?

Comment

don't have one. but its all over google (like isn't surprising)
          Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Well, I dunno about the rest of the userbase, but that was one of the first things I did was update as soon as I had my wifi set up. Although I agree that it was probably to be expected from the first shipment of new hardware that something was bound to turn up somewhere.

Comment

i never understood firmware updates for the DS line. did the original fat one have them? cause if it did i could never get it to work.

Comment

Not sure on that, my son had a dsi but I never really did anything with that so I'm not sure. I know I just checked after I read that post to see if there was another update and it said my unit was up to date, so.

Comment

Only the DSi on up had firmware updates. And yes, for the most part, doing the initial system update rids the system of the black screen issue, which thankfully I've had no issue with,

Comment

Only the DSi on up had firmware updates. And yes, for the most part, doing the initial system update rids the system of the black screen issue, which thankfully I've had no issue with.

EDIT:
                    Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                    Canas, you better be free for some Mercs 3D/Reveleations COOP (if there is COOP) when they're out. I need my fellow Resident Evil 5 partner to kick ass and take names, like we did with the DLC on the hardest difficutly ;)
                    Dude, both are day one purchases for me, so if you wanna go through Revelations together first time or whenever, totally, just gimme a shout. Mercs, too (which is confirmed multiplayer. ) Desperate Escape... Augh. What a NIGHTMARE. [/bad RE5 DLC pun]

Also, added Agent Wong and Emma. You'll have to post yours when you get your own too, my good man!

Edit Edit: Augh, my bad on the double-post. Sorry!
                    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 03-28-2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Reports are the black screen was from certain SD cards not being formatted right.

I haven't experienced any issues.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

brings me the time with the flashing screen on the NES. where every hour you prayed the system would work.

Comment

Pre-ordered my 3DS with 1-day shipping from Amazon in January, come this morning I wake up to an email saying that the blasted thing has been delayed and won't be shipped until mid-April.

So, just cancel the pre-order right? Unfortunately my order has already been processed, and under Amazon's policies I am unable to cancel processed transactions.

I blame Scientology.
                          REALDEMO

Comment

Friend Code: 3780-9036-6529

Look forward to playing some games of SF and of course Mercs when it comes out. EDIT: Just added Canas, Agent_Wong, and Alexia.
                            Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 03-29-2011, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by a STARS member View Post
                              Pre-ordered my 3DS with 1-day shipping from Amazon in January, come this morning I wake up to an email saying that the blasted thing has been delayed and won't be shipped until mid-April.

So, just cancel the pre-order right? Unfortunately my order has already been processed, and under Amazon's policies I am unable to cancel processed transactions.

I blame Scientology.

They shouldn't be charging until they are shipping, if they delayed it that long you have every right to cancel.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Mine was just processed from Amazon....I had it on Super Savers Free Shipping and
                                packaged with another order.

I had to wait for the other product to come out on the 29th for them to process the
                                order.

...for those curious fellas, I ordered the blu-ray release of Evangelion 2.22 which is
                                currently $19.99. *cough* Darkmoon *cough*

Anyway, I'll be applying the $25 off credit for getting a 3DS from amazon to get SSFIV
                                as it is the best 3DS launch game according to most sources. You also get an extra $10
                                credit for ordering any of the launch 3DS or at least selected ones, SSFIV being one of
                                them, maybe I'll be getting Ridge Racer as well with the $10 off credit.

The credit lasts until June 30th and it's only currently for the launch games, but maybe the
                                list of qualifying games will be updated as newer games come out.

The launch titles isn't a strong one, but I got Kingdom Hearts: Recoded & Pokemon Black
                                to still keep me busy for a long while.
                                Last edited by Kaneco; 03-30-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X