Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit just got real. I like the Metroidvania formula a lot, but the retro linear type that CV1-3 is still awesome.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      Shit just got real. I like the Metroidvania formula a lot, but the retro linear type that CV1-3 is still awesome.
      I just found out more about the game. It will be a Metroidvania type game. It will play a lot like the DS games but the perspective will be 2D and 2.5D most of the time but sometimes in full 3D.

New screens (they were scanned, thus the low quality):

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

• Oh man oh man!! Looks good, almost to good to be true!!
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Speaking of shit getting real and being too good to be true: Shin Megami Tensei IV announced.

My soul is ready!

Comment

• Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
            Speaking of shit getting real and being too good to be true: Shin Megami Tensei IV announced.

My soul is ready!
            Yep. And like PS3's The Last of Us, it's going to have a post-apocalyptic setting.

On another topic, Kotaku published an article about a 3DS re-design being unveiled at E3. It's only a rumor, but I honestly doubt that it will happen. Since they will probably focus the majority of the show on the Wii U. A new 3DS would be a distraction that could potentially steal the Wii U's thunder.

Maybe next year.
            sigpic

Comment

• Anything can happen with Nintendo. They are the Apple of videogames.

I'm still waiting for the 3DS lite, 3DSi, and 3DSi XL.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                Anything can happen with Nintendo. They are the Apple of videogames.

I'm still waiting for the 3DS lite, 3DSi, and 3DSi XL.
                Anything can happen, but I really doubt they will show a new 3DS at E3. They screwed up the Wii U's presenration last year (most thought it was merely a tablet, not a console) and they have to get it right this time around. They need to focus on the Wii U alone. The 3DS just needs more games. Especially on the American market.
                sigpic

Comment

• They releasing a 2D Mario, I expect Nintendo will convince themselves this will be enough to keep people happy until late 2013.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• More rumors about a 3DS revision are coming in. It seems the revision is of a 3DS XL version (a bigger handheld):

The big Nintendo 3DS gossip going around is that there’s a big Nintendo 3DS due to be announced tomorrow.

On the eve of Nintendo’s E3 press conference, Japanese newspaper Nikkei — which is usually spot-on with its rumors about Nintendo consoles — says the company will announce a 3DS system with a 4.3-inch screen tomorrow.

That’s 1.5 times bigger than the current 3DS’s screen, and also .1-inch larger than the DSi XL’s display. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nintendo took advantage of the extra space to add an extra Circle Pad and a bigger battery, too.

Nikkei reports that the new 3DS model will release across all major territories as soon as this summer.
                    SOURCE: http://www.slashgear.com/nintendo-3ds-xl-with-4-3-inch-3d-tipped-for-e3-reveal-04231813/
                    sigpic

Comment

• Nintendo 3DS need be hacked to shit now if that is true. I'm not gonna support it if they pull that crap.

Comment

• What, releasing a revision like they do with every handheld sans GBC about 1.5 years after initial launch?

Comment

• Nintendo f***ed over early buyers enough already, and this is very different to the DS/DS Lite..

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                            More rumors about a 3DS revision are coming in. It seems the revision is of a 3DS XL version (a bigger handheld):

SOURCE: http://www.slashgear.com/nintendo-3ds-xl-with-4-3-inch-3d-tipped-for-e3-reveal-04231813/
                            I can actually let that type of revision slide for the people that rather have a bigger system.

I like my old 3DS that can actually be portable and fit right in my pocket just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
                              I can actually let that type of revision slide for the people that rather have a bigger system.

I like my old 3DS that can actually be portable and fit right in my pocket just fine.
                              Will you still like it when you need carry the Circle Pad Pro around in your pocket too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                                Will you still like it when you need carry the Circle Pad Pro around in your pocket too?
                                You don't carry what you don't need. The frankenstick is useless unless you grew up with dual-shock pads and nothing but that. Then I would understand the need.

But since 99.9% of 3DS games don't really need it, why bother?

And I agree with Kaneco, the 3DS barely fits in my pockets. If it gets even a tiny bit bigger I would need a manbag or a fanny pack... hell to the no to that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X