Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
    You don't carry what you don't need. The frankenstick is useless unless you grew up with dual-shock pads and nothing but that. Then I would understand the need.

But since 99.9% of 3DS games don't really need it, why bother?

Most games do not need it because it did not exist for a long while, once a 3DS is out that sports dual analogue and more buttons more games will make use of it and offer a gimp control scheme for early 3DS owners.

Revelations is a great example, with CPP you can move, adjust aim and shoot all at once. Is impossible to do the same without it, since if you try to move while aiming your aim is locked to where you were pointing. Don't even get me started on FPS games.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
      Most games do not need it because it did not exist for a long while, once a 3DS is out that sports dual analogue and more buttons more games will make use of it and offer a gimp control scheme for early 3DS owners.
      The revision rumor doesn't really mention a 2nd sliderpad. Just that the screen is bigger (the top one).

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
      Revelations is a great example, with CPP you can move, adjust aim and shoot all at once. Is impossible to do the same without it, since if you try to move while aiming your aim is locked to where you were pointing. Don't even get me started on FPS games.
      The Wii has one analog and FPS actually work better than using 2 analogs. Games look like shit on it, but they play better. The only thing that is better is playing on PC's.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

The Wii has one analog and FPS actually work better than using 2 analogs. Games look like shit on it, but they play better.
        Lol, no.

FPS games on Wii are shit competively, the movement penalty is fucking awful, is why they all end up adding a target lock, to make up for the shitness of movement.
        Last edited by Dracarys; 06-04-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
          Lol, no.

FPS games on Wii are shit competively, the movement penalty is fucking awful, is why they all end up adding a target lock, to make up for the shitness of movement.
          pfft... that all sounds like some regurgitated shit from 2008.

Some games that came after got it right. And I mean like perfect.
          sigpic

Comment

pfft... that all sounds like some regurgitated shit from 2008.

Some games that came after got it right. And I mean like perfect.
            No, and we've been over this, with me posted examples of why FPS are gimped without 2 sticks or a mouse/KB. I provided examples of different controller schemes, of requirements of modern games.

Your defence was because games from 15 years ago could use only one modern games can, ignoring the evolution of the FPS genre since.

Comment

• I've played FPS on the Wii and they're just fine, starting with the release of World at War ages ago.

The game that has perfected it and proves that it can be done is "Metroid Prime Trilogy". It's the Holy Grail of FPS w/ Motion Controls.

As for carrying the Circle Pad Pro...I won't, don't have it and don't need it. I've played both RE games on the 3DS & MGS and can play just fine without them.
              If I can get used to playing MGS/MoH/Resistance on the PSP, then this is just a walk on the park.

Simple as that....
              Last edited by Kaneco; 06-04-2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Metroid Prime is not a FPS, is an adventure game first and formost, plus it uses target lock anyway to make up for the problems. Those PSP games are poor examples at best. To quote myself:

In Black Ops for example players often sprint then jump and go into prone while at the same time scoping in and firing while adjusting aim.

Please tell me how this works on a 3DS? It only has 6 buttons and 5 are used for the above example alone, plus a movement input is required as well as aiming all at once almost and there are no inputs left.

Not possible on 3DS without CPP. If they try to map it to default 3DS the controls gonna be heavily gimped and hinder gameplay heavily.

Comment

• Nyko's version of the CPP, plus battery extender (3X the battery juice), that fits snugly over the 3DS. For $30, I'm sold.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• Apparently there's one more secret game announcement on IGN today. They just say Nintendo game. Could be Wii U, could be 3DS. Also Fire Emblem: Awakening was tweeted by Nintendo to be coming to NA.

Comment

• I try to avoid third party products unless officially licensed, all three MS, Nintendo and Sony have proven themselves total wankers in the past few years by applying updates that disable some third party products.

Comment

• Like for example? I'm not very familiar with how they block third-party products out, but I think it's a long stretch that Nintendo will try to block this one out, if they can even do so at all. I mean, it's not like the official CPP has some form of encrypted authenticity verification it has to undergo before being allowed to connect to your 3DS.
                        Last edited by biohazard_star; 06-07-2012, 11:45 AM.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• Off the top off my head MS in an update has blocked third party memory cards and maybe hardrives. Sony blocked off various third party controllers/adapters in an update, Nintendo block a certain brand of Wiimote as well as various Datel devices over several updates.

Comment

• sorry guys i have to agree with Dracarys on both the FPS & 3rd party peripherals

1st person shooters are made to be played with 2 analogues, sure you can play without but its much more comfortable with a control stick for both movement and aiming

and i really dislike generic peripherals, when ever i buy one it always develops some kind of problem (and oh god! i cant stand the lame add ons for the wii that really don't do much of anything)

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                              Apparently there's one more secret game announcement on IGN today. They just say Nintendo game. Could be Wii U, could be 3DS. Also Fire Emblem: Awakening was tweeted by Nintendo to be coming to NA.
                              If Only they did a Final Fantasy Tactics game...A real one like the PS one, not the shitty 'advance' series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joey3264 View Post
                                sorry guys i have to agree with Dracarys on both the FPS & 3rd party peripherals

1st person shooters are made to be played with 2 analogues, sure you can play without but its much more comfortable with a control stick for both movement and aiming
                                If you started gaming from the PS2 or later, I would understand that. But I've been gaming from the SNES all the way to the present. And believe me, I don't need 2 analogs to play ANY FPS unless it forces me to play that way.

Shit, I was great playing Goldeneye, Turok 1, 2, 3 and Duke Nukem, etc. etc. on the N64 and it's lonely analog. The Gamecube barely had a 2nd analog (it wasn't really analog).

And sorry but there is no one on this green Earth that can convince me that RE4 plays better with 2 analogs than using the Wiimote + nunchuk combo. Fuck no. That version is still my fave one to PLAY with. The HD versions are just for show.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X