Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawman arguments that hold zero weight there pikminster. Stop bringing up old games that play NOTHING like todays FPS games. FPS games of today have more features, more advanced game worlds. 3DS simply doesn't have the required buttons count, let alone easy access.

I'll quote myself, again, just so you get it.

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post

In Black Ops for example players often sprint then jump and go into prone while at the same time scoping in and firing while adjusting aim.

Please tell me how this works on a 3DS? It only has 6 buttons and 5 are used for the above example alone, plus a movement input is required as well as aiming all at once almost and there are no inputs left.
    Now explain it, in detail, and stop bringing up games that do not apply to anything anymore.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• You're being ridiculous.

If the lack of buttons was an issue we would all play FPS on a PC, where many FPS freaks believe they all belong. And there wouldn't be CLASSIC, FAMOUS and fully functional FPS/TPS games on the N64, GameCube and Wii that prove that 1 analog and few buttons work better than 2 analogs.

But you like to argue ridiculous things (ORC), so I'll stop there. I've noticed that you've been trying to get someone to argue with you (what, with News Bot all worked up on making RE6 look like the second coming lately) and I don't care about that. I've played many games on many systems to know for a FACT that 2 analogs are not even close to being necessary. Just AIMING with them is shit compared t pointer controls (don't get them confused with motion controls, BTW... its totally different).

So, keep on truckin' dewd.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
        there is no one on this green Earth that can convince me that RE4 plays better with 2 analogs than using the Wiimote + nunchuk combo. Fuck no. That version is still my fave one to PLAY with. The HD versions are just for show.
        i LOVED playing RE4 on the wii aiming my magnum with my own hand lol XD
        but i don't think RE4 & 3D-Metroid are good examples, i view those games as an action/adventure not as shooters

Comment

• i might sound a little sidetracked but i enjoyed the motion controls on the wii version of RE4 so much that i didn't care that the game was easier than the other versions
          if i want a challenge i will just play it on mercenaries or professional mode. RE4 adapted so well to the wii it was amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
            You're being ridiculous.

If the lack of buttons was an issue we would all play FPS on a PC, where many FPS freaks believe they all belong. And there wouldn't be CLASSIC, FAMOUS and fully functional FPS/TPS games on the N64, GameCube and Wii that prove that 1 analog and few buttons work better than 2 analogs.

But you like to argue ridiculous things (ORC), so I'll stop there. I've noticed that you've been trying to get someone to argue with you (what, with News Bot all worked up on making RE6 look like the second coming lately) and I don't care about that. I've played many games on many systems to know for a FACT that 2 analogs are not even close to being necessary. Just AIMING with them is shit compared t pointer controls (don't get them confused with motion controls, BTW... its totally different).

So, keep on truckin' dewd.
            So you can't explain it, since it is not possible. That was easy.

Comment

• Told you...
              Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 06-22-2012, 12:39 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• I see they went the DSi route and made a matte finish instead of glossy. I approve.

Welp, time to start saving my pennies... again...

Comment

• Fuck Nintendo.

Comment

• There an R4 out yet? I'm done supporting Nintendo.

Comment

• i will just keep my ordinary 3ds, not buying that model
                      that thing looks just plain ugly (also.. WTF that fucking thing doesn't even have a circle pad pro built in!)

Comment

• I like how people don't realize it's right around the time for a revision for a handheld if they know anything about Nintendo, yet they act so shocked... Also Dracarys, that is a very fine line to be walking on, so be careful talking about R4s and not supporting Nintendo. Not that I think you would pirate games, of course.

And to answer your question, no there isn't one.

Comment

• my complaint is specifically the absence of circle pad plus features built-in
                          i was expecting on the XL having it and was already planning to perform a system transfer. guess thats not gonna happen

Comment

• They probably didn't want to create a divide between the two systems. Giving the XL a built-in second analog stick would give developers a bigger reason to design future 3DS games with a two-stick set-up in mind, which in turn would piss off the owners of the original 3DS. Not including a second analog stick on the first iteration was a major oversight on their parts....
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• Exactly. It would split the fanbase and would almost force all original 3DS owners to shell out for a CPP. I wanted it built in too, but from a business standpoint Nintendo made the right call. I still want the bigger screen and better battery though.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                                They probably didn't want to create a divide between the two systems. Giving the XL a built-in second analog stick would give developers a bigger reason to design future 3DS games with a two-stick set-up in mind
                                They should be doing this, instead they are releasing games that suffer horrid at worst and extremely lacking at best controls. Kid Icarus is a prime example, jesus that games controls are awful, really could have used the second stick. Funnily they did support the CPP with it...for left handed people, not to actually fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X