Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wait for the eventual CPP XL, then the eventual 3DS+CPP Bright, which they will eventually announce next year. Man, people who bought the CPP who are thinking of upgrading sure got screwed over.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
      Fuck Nintendo.
      HAHHAA oh man, I know you're probably serious but for some reason your blunt reply caught me off guard - hilarious.

But really, no second circle pad?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	PicardWTF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	401399
      It's strange but you know Ninteno are just milking the revisions little-by-little. I strongly believe before the 3DS life cycle is over that it will have one added to it. This big honking 3DS doesn't really bother me personally, though.

I'm probably in the minority here but I love my cosmo black one with the CPP.. really comfortable and feels like holding a console controller - without, it cramps my fingers badly. The CPP is one of the biggest factors that actually led me to buy a 3DS. I play all of my games with it, even the ones that don't use it just for the grip. This huge XL thing though just really isn't for me.

Funny thing over at gamefaqs - someone called it a "waffle iron".
      I'm waiting on my wireless router, so no friend code yet.
      Last edited by Deus Flux; 06-22-2012, 05:40 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
        Fuck Nintendo.
        Agreed.

You know what pisses me off?

The fact that they shove it in your face... I get a Swapnote, saying I should watch Nintendo Direct. First thing I see, is Reggie Douchebag, telling me how awesome and better the 3DSXL is compared to the system I currently own. So they are basically giving me the middle finger for supporting them. That's the exact same reason I fucking hate Apple.

I'm with Dracarys on this. I'm not supporting Nintendo anymore... They could have been more subtle with current 3DS owners.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• New 3ds XL specs and stuff.

Comment

• I'm far from defending Nintendo, but again, anyone who has had a Nintendo handheld before knew this was coming. Maybe we didn't know the specifics, but it was pretty obvious that some revision was coming.

I would very much like the second circle pad, but besides that, the pros outweigh the cons for me.

Comment

• I don't know why people are so worked over the bigger iteration of our current model.

They said 'no redesigns' and as far as I see, this XL model is just that...the XL model of the current standard model built for people who want a bigger screen or/and that big hands.

It's by no means a 'redesign' and they seem to be keeping their word now.

All of you 'cry babies' that need Nintendo to fulfill your every selfish little wish...Get real!

It is just as 'biohazard_star' said, doing a revision with new features will further divide the community and further 'alienate' the early 3DS adopters (especially the ones who bought the system on launch day).

The 'CPP' is just an additional control scheme and it will remain just that, I haven't played a game that supports it that really needs it...I can play just as well whether I use it or not.

I wrote a blog on Screwattack with more in-depth thoughts of what I feel about the '3DS XL' reveal earlier today.

I, for one, am happy that people who prefer their handhelds with big screens, or just a bigger handheld overall, can get to enjoy what other people have been enjoying for a year and share the joy with others (whether they have small or big 3DSes)....just as the people who waited for a bigger handheld & got what they wanted when the DSi XL was revealed in the past.
              Last edited by Kaneco; 06-22-2012, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
                I don't know why people are so worked over the bigger iteration of our current model.

All of you 'cry babies' that need Nintendo to fulfill your every selfish little wish...Get real!
                I don't have a problem with Nintendo releasing as many 3DS revisions as they want. More options for people, the better. With no other difference with standard model than size/battery time, there's no actual harm done I guess.

My issue is them being so shameless about it with current owners. I felt trolled while watching that Nintendo Direct video. Reggie was on full asshole mode pitching the "new" model on current owners, that's what pisses me.

"Oh, but this game looks SOOOOO AWESOMEEEE on the 3DSXL's bigger screen." Yeah screw you, I'll take my tiny screen...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• General rule of purchasing a new system is NEVER purchase the first gen.

Comment

• Circle pad pro XL has been announced. Hilarious. The XL is already gonna be big as-is. But with the CPP XL added on.. well..

Click image for larger version

Name:	bf3b162b96b19a4731824b8f4f0e07c6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	401416
                    sigpic

Comment

• i was thinking that too.. the circle pad XL is going to make it ridiculously large

screw the XL

Comment

• Seeing as how all of eight games support it and only one is significantly enhanced by it (MGS3D for camera control, and even that can't save that half-assed port), I'm not worried about it. I didn't buy the CPP, I don't need the CPPXL.

That said, I wish they'd have integrated it, but it would fragment their fanbase because two circle pads would have developers begin creating games with dual-analog in mind, which would force earlier adopters to buy a CPP or upgrade. That wouldn't go so well for them.

At least now, Nintendo's next handheld will almost certainly have two circle pads.
                        Last edited by Canas Renvall; 06-28-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• I understand what you're saying, but I don't quite agree. I have a 3ds+cpp and am quite happy with it. This continued add-on business with Nintendo is making them appear incompetent, amateurish and second-guessing themselves. All of this makes me undeniably question Nintendo for the future.

It's like they don't know what they want to do so they are making a system that's in two pieces instead of what should be one. For the people who don't want to use the second stick, that's fine. But for those who do, it should be there and not require an add-on + one AAA battery (the XL cpp probably takes two or three ).

I don't see how it could ever fragment the user base. The cpp is available for first-gen models for those that would need it. I understand mis-steps happen, and Nintendo releasing a cpp the first time as a solution was understandable. But them repeating this by releasing a jumbo version is 'wtf' laughable. Again, I feel a 3ds with the second stick integrated into the system was a better way to go but it didn't happen.

I can't imagine any developer being stupid enough to not include alternate control setups which don't use the cpp. It's just common sense on their part. RE revelations has both but I can't really see myself playing the game without the second stick. That's why it should be on the actual system.

Now with that said though, I CAN see whiny nerds out there crying 'Wahhh the new model has a second stick and I want it but already bought first-gen, wahhhh why u hate mee Nintenndooo!' But that's not the same as fragmenting a user base.

Actually if anything, I feel things are already fragmented because of this add-on business. There's many people out there who prefer dual analog controls, and the only way to get them is to buy a cpp. The cpp should've probably been free anyway but anyway not including a second pad on the system alienates this crowd, not the other way around.

It's as if Nintendo is sayng to us: We love you dual analog fans too, just not AS much as the single stick crowd.. he he he.

In the end I guess I mean to say: Nintendo yer system is nice but make up effin' mind already about the second pad!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
                            Actually if anything, I feel things are already fragmented because of this add-on business. There's many people out there who prefer dual analog controls, and the only way to get them is to buy a cpp. The cpp should've probably been free anyway but anyway not including a second pad on the system alienates this crowd, not the other way around.

It's as if Nintendo is sayng to us: We love you dual analog fans too, just not AS much as the single stick crowd.. he he he.

In the end I guess I mean to say: Nintendo yer system is nice but make up effin' mind already about the second pad!
                            They did make up their minds! Hence the CPP. It's optional, it's never going to become an integral part of the system that much they've made clear.

They're not alienating any crowd's by not adding a Second Pad to the new system, it wasn't there to begin with. The other way around & making it mandatory would be alienating the crowd.

You know what would be dumb? Adding a Second Pad while keeping it an optional control scheme for the sake of the rest of install-base is plain dumb & a hindrance! There's no point in adding the the Second Pad on the system if it's going to become an optional control scheme not supported or needed by 100% of the games...it'll just be sitting there to distract you while having no function.

Not integrating would be the best course of action, fundamental & best business decision they could make...especially not in the XL version which is just the XLARGE of our current iteration of the small 3DS.

Well, it's my opinion and the way I see it...that's all.
                            Last edited by Kaneco; 06-30-2012, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• ^ Exactly. This isn't like a DS Lite to DSi jump, which added a whole new OS, camera, home menu, etc. It's like the DSi and the DSi XL. The exact same thing, only larger.

Now, down the road if they do make a revision, I hope to see it integrating two circle pads. But this isn't a revision. There are some changes, yes (different Select/Home/Start buttons, for example), but nothing to warrant it being called a full-on revision. It's just a larger version of the 3DS with bigger screens and a bigger battery.

Comment

• I really liked the look of the 3DS XL after seeing my friends DSi XL and considering I wanted to upgrade to that I might as well upgrade the XL although I'm one of the people that didn't really like the feel of the matte DSi so I might just go for a standard 3DS.

Comment

Working...
                                X