Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's funny how some people are actually defending Nintendo for their misstep with the lack of inclusion of a second analog stick.

Why should they pander to lazy developers who can't create a camera that automatically follows the player?
    Well, why didn't they design their portable with a staple player input device in the first place?
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• The Fire Emblem: Awakening demo is up. And I have to say that I'm enjoying every bit of it.

The full game has permadeaths and you can even have babies like in the Harvest Moon games. But here you can train them to become warriors. Def seems to be one of the best 3DS games of 2013.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

• Loved it as well, but I am a little annoyed at the "fake" voice acting. The game has KH358/2 Days syndrome: full VA in cutscenes, but in game dialogue consists of "Hm...", "What?!", "Huh..." etc. while you read the text box. Minor complaint though. Love it otherwise.

Comment

• if you think about it, fans who like shipping will love the marriage & children matchmaking system. im gonna love being a tactical pimp haha
          I'll admit they got pretty creative with the character classes and the story has some pretty interesting twists. (i wont spoil anything but i read the spoilers out of boredom and i was impressed)
          I also love the self-insert character and ability to recruit friends characters via streetpass. im totally going to recruit my cousin and turn her into a Pegasus knight
          cant wait for Febuary 4th <3

Comment

• so far the only english voice actor im hating is vilole's (the archer) i also am going to refer to some characters by their japanese names. (Sol>sthal, Ronku>Lon'qu, ect) but really im just happy the game is fricking being localized at all (they better!)
            also im happy casual mode is finally available I realize some of you might pick on me for turning off permanent death but i don't care. im so sick of restarting EVERY TIME someones HP hits zero and now i can finally enjoy higher difficulties as well.

Comment

• ^ Not really picking on you, but it totally ruins the essence of the game. The constant need to not screw something up or you're yourself screwed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                Loved it as well, but I am a little annoyed at the "fake" voice acting. The game has KH358/2 Days syndrome: full VA in cutscenes, but in game dialogue consists of "Hm...", "What?!", "Huh..." etc. while you read the text box. Minor complaint though. Love it otherwise.
                EDIT: You can disable all that both in the demo and the final game.

At the world map screen, enter the MENU by pressing X. Then you press R to enter options. There, you can pretty much configure everything about the game. Including disabling all the voice effects.

I love permadeaths. Because it keeps you on your toes. And since its like playing chess, its a lot more exciting every time you go into battle. You have to think what your next move is going to be.
                Last edited by Pikminister; 01-18-2013, 07:31 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• was anyone able to get past lunatic mode on the demo yet? i tried twice and both times i died on the first turn..
                  i was like "...jesus christ... is it even possible to get past the prologue?" 8/

Comment

• Originally posted by Joey3264 View Post
                    was anyone able to get past lunatic mode on the demo yet? i tried twice and both times i died on the first turn..
                    i was like "...jesus christ... is it even possible to get past the prologue?" 8/
                    I've only played on Hard. And going back to Normal is not an option to me. I do love a challenge. But Lunatic could be a bit too much. I'll give it a shot soon.

Anyway, I like it when the characters perform a critical hit on enemies. It's like performing a super move in the Capcom vs Marvel games.

But the damn demo ends just when it starts to get good.

I want MOAR!!!

The latest trailer:

Last edited by Pikminister; 01-18-2013, 10:05 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• here is another trailer showcasing some of the classes available in the game

Comment

• The EU bundle of Fire Emblem Awakening:

I've been looking everywhere for an AFFORDABLE copy of the retail game with no luck. Whenever I am close to a retail store that sells games I stop by looking for the game. They tell me they expect new copies in mid-March... shit. I might have to buy the digital copy. I'm going to try and avoid that if possible.

And I'm not going to pay $60 or more for it either. I don't want to give my money to those damn hoarders that buy all the retail copies just to sell on Ebay.

I hate those fuckers. Like this one here who got more than 40 copies of the Limited Edition (only 4000 copies printed) of the Hyrule Historia book just so he could sell them above the original asking price:

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/this-ass-is-selling-40-copies-of-hyrule-historia-le-245162.phtml
                        sigpic

Comment

• I hate scalpers.

...but at least they got burned with 3DS and WiiU.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Yeah, that makes my blood boil because I had the LE preordered on Barnes and Noble's website. It was half off on Black Friday, same price as the original edition. However, the stupid company canceled my preorder without ever telling me so this jackass probably got one of my copies. :|

Scalpers are bullshit, yeah. Ah well though, I'm still enjoying my regular edition.

Comment

• Well, with my tax return I got a black and blue 3DS XL with Pokemon White, Kingdom Hearts DDD and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Feel free to add me.

Friend Code:
                              3797-6397-5973

Comment

Working...
                              X