Metal Gear Online to be switched off June 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Gear Online to be switched off June 12th

Though I've not played it for a good year or so now, it's a dark day. I loved it back in the day.

Might have to get playing it again before the final hurrah.

Even got my soldier in Chris Redfield CODE: Veronica garb, and the STARS badge as the clan
    Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 02-14-2012, 10:03 AM.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

MGS4 has online?
    Last edited by aris13; 02-14-2012, 10:19 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Aye - it's very good and quite different to anything you'd expect. Some great team sneaking modes and such.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

June 12th is four years to the day since MGS4 was released. MGO was fun for a while but the unstable servers and annoying hacks turned me off of the game after a month or so. Loved the Beta though.

Comment

4 Years too late. Was complete ass compared to MGO1, laggy, glitcher ridden and stealth/CQC takes a nosedive in all but one mode due to it being super easy to headshot and aim in general. The online system running through Konami online structure was just ass also.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Better than MGS4.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Subsistence's online was way better than this tripe.
              Full of assholes and glitching, lag and overall just bad.
              The last game I played I got kicked from because I was too good at Capture the Flag.
              Not bragging there, I'm not the best, but I mean I was just kicking their butt.
              I just stopped playing online after that.

Comment

It won't be missed. It's was pointless to make two ID's you needed to sign into MGO.
                Last edited by Smiley; 02-14-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

^ Yeah, that was what put me off. I should probably go download all of the game data content from their servers though because I figure all the extras will be pulled offline as well.

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                    Though I've not played it for a good year or so now, it's a dark day. I loved it back in the day.

Might have to get playing it again before the final hurrah.

Even got my soldier in Chris Redfield CODE: Veronica garb, and the STARS badge as the clan
                    I managed to secure the name 'Gillian Seed' for my character.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                      It won't be missed. It's was pointless to make two ID's you needed to sign into MGO.
                      Three if you want to count PSN ID since need be signed in, four if you want to count the fact each character was treated like a seperate ID.

Comment

Aside from all the nonsense people had to get through to play the game...all in all, it's a good game and it's quite a refreshing experience compared to what other genres we get shoved down our throats annually.

All those hours I spend having fun pre/post-beta...

I'll miss it very much, until the next MGO in the works. (if there ever is one)

I'll surely be spending some time with the game before it's final days...

Comment

Keep in mind they pulled MGS3's version of MGO as well. I'm sure if they're working on MGS5 (and you know they are) then there will likely be a MGO for that one.

Comment

If they do another one they need take the third person shooter nonsense out of it, that single thing alone destroyed the stealth of the game and the stealth was the only thing that made it unique to other TPS games, as TPS alone it sucked.

Comment

Given how the feature continues to be implemented in their games (including MGS3 on the 3DS which lacked it on the original and HD Collection) I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Still they haven't abandoned stealth. It's still not a good idea to shoot your way through the game. Especially if you're aiming for a better score.

Comment

Working...
                              X