X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Fighter x Tekken

Anyone got/getting this?

Capcom up to their old tricks again.

By 'hacking' the 360 disc it seems all 12 of the characters that will appear on the Vita version are pretty much finished, intros, endings, character models, textures, voices. All over youtube though Capcom battling to have them taken down. Capcom says wait until they comment on them before complaining which probably means "Buy the game first, then we will tell you that you need pay for them".

I was going to give this game a pass but since GAME in serious financial trouble and I cannot spend my gift vouchers on Mass Effect 3 like planned because they cannot afford stock I guess I'm buying this just to make sure they are not wasted, also doesn't help they not stocking every other game I might have been interested in.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

I was interested, but the current line up of games coming out already have taken up most of my wallet. I'm not even sure with my bills and the like that I can afford 3/5 of my preorders. When Tekken X Street Fighter comes out I'll be looking forward to that one though. And knowing Capcom I'm sure they already have plans for a Super Street Fighter X Tekken Arcade Edition Turbo Whatever.

Comment

Capcom swear no super version will be released, but we know what they like and will find some excuse.

The game does actually look good and for groups playing online it really delivers in gameplay options, watch this vid to see them, it starts off story-ish but then the game mode showcase kicks in halfway.

Last edited by Dracarys; 03-05-2012, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I played a bit of it last night.

What I enjoyed:
        -The deep as hell roster.
        -Tekken characters are actually implemented very well and more complex in terms of variety than the SF guys.
        -The aesthetic is essentially what SF4 should have looked like.
        -The music is good.
        -The comboing is nice and simple.

What I didn't enjoy:
        -One team member KO per round. Point, Capcom?
        -One super combo per character, save for Akuma and probably Ogre.

Oh and Rolento, motherfuckers. Still going to wait for the Vita version if I get this at all (watch me eat those words in the next few weeks).
        Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 03-05-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
          Anyone got/getting this?

Capcom up to their old tricks again.

By 'hacking' the 360 disc it seems all 12 of the characters that will appear on the Vita version are pretty much finished, intros, endings, character models, textures, voices. All over youtube though Capcom battling to have them taken down. Capcom says wait until they comment on them before complaining which probably means "Buy the game first, then we will tell you that you need pay for them".

I was going to give this game a pass but since GAME in serious financial trouble and I cannot spend my gift vouchers on Mass Effect 3 like planned because they cannot afford stock I guess I'm buying this just to make sure they are not wasted, also doesn't help they not stocking every other game I might have been interested in.
          But they're not stocking Street Fighter x Tekken either now.

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
          Oh and Rolento, motherfuckers. Still going to wait for the Vita version if I get this at all (watch me eat those words in the next few weeks).
          Fuck, Rolento is back!? Yes!
          Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-05-2012, 08:38 PM.
          See you in hell.

Comment

I was considering this game but after reading that DLC BS... PASS.

Comment

or you COULD buy a second hand copy at gamestop and then buy their DLC so Capcom doesn't get as much of your money.

Comment

“The character information and files were intentionally included on retail versions of the PS3 and Xbox 360 game to save hard drive space and to ensure for a smooth transition when the DLC is available, allowing players who choose not to purchase the content the ability to play against players that did… More specifics regarding pricing, dates and other additional exciting DLC plans for Street Fighter X Tekken will be shared at a later date. As a reminder, the retail version of the game will be the only disc-based version consumers will need to own and all future upgrades will come from post-launch DLC.”
                ...and my response:

What a hunk of bullshit!!!...makes me want to buy the game used more and more...

The content is already locked inside the game but the only way to unlock the characters in this day and age, is through paying an unlock code. Shit like this should only happen in free-to-play games!

It's a fucking outrage!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                  But they're not stocking Street Fighter x Tekken either now.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/game-...s-wrath/092246
                  Oh my god. Every single game I would spend these vouchers on they are failing to stock, even the ones I don't really think are worth full price. £85 worth of XBLA/PSN vouchers incoming I guess...

Comment

Great i hope this flops hard.

Comment

I dont think it will, too many fans of both series out there are interested in it :/.

Comment

Apparently to ability to have two people play on the same console and play online as partners does not work on the 360, Capcom blame the way XBL accounts work despite many games allowing a guest sign-in, or second account sign-in, and despite the fact Mortal Kombats co-op online tag match let you do it.

PS3 only.

Comment

Bryan is DLC!? Ugh. Bryan's my favourite Tekken character, it's disheartening to see him down as DLC.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

lol, a friend of mine fell in love with the game on day 1 of trying it out.

He wants to sell me his UMvC3 for $20 just to fund his purchase of the game...it's the price drop I've been waiting for UMvC3, hahahaha.
                            Last edited by Kaneco; 03-08-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Bryan's alt looks great, suits him perfectly.

I think the Capcops given up trying to remove videos from youtube. Find them so easy now.

Comment

Working...
                              X