Diablo 3 released on May 15th...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    ...wait, wasn't the whole fucking point of having it permanently online so people couldn't pull stunts like this?
    Its the future... get used to it.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Last week's rough launch of Diablo III neatly illustrated the biggest problem with the game's 'always-on' internet requirement. It was a reminder that consumers have lost a portion of their ownership of the game, that we no longer have complete control even over whether or not our game will start.

Here ya go Darkmoon..come..conform...just like...the rest of us.*zombie walks towards ye*

Comment

As far as I can tell, that guy's basically saying, 'It's better to be online because then you only have one save slot.'

If this is the future of gaming, it'll mean me buying even fewer games new. Although someone told me I can't buy Diablo III second hand? That each copy gets registered to a battlenet account and cannot be used again or something? Still, nothing stopping me from waiting until it's dropped in price and buying it then...when the servers actually work.

Comment

I was able to log in fine first try; about 2 hours after the servers went live. I didn't experience anything like what I read in the media.
          Australians play on the US servers, so it's been a bit laggy for me - I've lost a couple of hardcore characters to lag already. Will start HC again when the servers are more settled, and bugs and imbalances have been patched
          sigpic

Comment

Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
            X