No announcement yet.

Just bought a PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was the only console that would output 1080p and since my new TV was 1080p it made a lot of sense. The Xbox 360 Elite does too but I prefer Bluray to HD DVD. So you could say it had nothing to do with games, I think Xbox 360 has the better games right now, until next year.

Comment

I figured the Bluray was the selling point. Nothing wrong with that, not everyone is cheap enough to play HD DVD's and Blurays off their computer onto their HDTV like me. ;)

Comment

Elder Scrolls 4 and Silent Hill Bluray are waiting for me at home. Now that I have Resistance, Ninja Gaiden and Oblivion (the 3 best games perhaps?) I'm not too sure what the next game should be. Maybe Rainbow Six Vegas? The Darkness? I don't think anything good is coming out this month for the PS3..

Comment

Normal 360 outputs 1080p over VGA btw ;) Pick up the Darkness, Ive been enjoying that over the past few days. Add me on the PSN if you can, Borman

Comment

My PSN is: ScreamWU

No-one on my list at the moment so I'll add you soon. I'll probably get The Darkness and R6 soon. I just got FFX International and tried it on my PS3 and it runs quite well, so going to get a few old PS2 games too, like RE4, SH3, Outbreak etc..

Comment

Ive got Resistance, MLB 2k7, and the Darkness, plus a handful of PSN games so

Comment

I'll try my Resistance update again. Last time I checked it was still ****ed up. I think that UPNP thing is really screwing up my downloads, takes ages to download a 150mb trailer. :/

Comment

PS3 can NOT play back PS1 or PS2 discs, it is being created for watching Blu-Ray movies.

Japanese PS3 can't play japanese PS1 and PS2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlumit View Post
                    PS3 can NOT play back PS1 or PS2 discs, it is being created for watching Blu-Ray movies.

Japanese PS3 can't play japanese PS1 and PS2 games.
                    Uh, yes it most certainly can. You're certainly not going to argue with people who actually have the console and played those old games on it, are you?

Even the partial software emulated PAL consoles play almost all of the games without a hitch. Well, exception goes to upscaled PS1 games where the audio in the CG's skips.
                    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 07-16-2007, 11:23 AM.

Comment

my eyes glanced and misread this and thought the topic title was "just broke a ps3" lol now that would be somethin

Comment

I'm totally persuaded to get a PS3 by Christmas time now. XD

Only thing is, which one do I get? Asian..American, PAL? Argh ;_;
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

where do you live? you're name's ciaren i'm guessing you're irish my buddy's name is ciaran too

Comment

Spot on with the Irish part, although Ciaren isn't my real name, it's just one I quite like, XD

Although the predicament i'm in concerning the PS3 is the huge muck-up Sony is making concerning PAL systems. The PS3, full price, two games, two controllers. The thing is, the controllers are going to be fully obsolete in just a few months. Which sort of makes owning them...pointless.

Asian systems etc I would prefer because i'd be able to get them ridiculously cheap-ish (£300 and so on). And because the PS3 is only region locked with PS1/PS2 games and BluRay movies. None of which I will be taking seriously with regards to the PS3.

Care to chip in some help here guys? =P

Comment

Go with the PAL console to play it safe. Sure, PS3's are reliable and the rare malfunctions have been related to firmware installing but there are other benefits aside from warranty. BD movies that is, and you'll probably not going to watch DVD's once you see a true HD source.

Besides, even with the controller issue, the PAL bundle is still a great deal.

My other suggestion is if you can get a 20GB JPN unit, go for it. With the money you save, you can get a much larger 2.5" SATA HDD installed. But if WiFi is a must, stick to my first suggestion.

Comment

Oh. WiFi. Crap, knew something was going to pop up ;_;

PAL it is then.

Comment

Working...
                                X