X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't mention BC ;_;

Very cool on the beta, I'm surprised it got out at all at that price D:

Comment

Is it even official that the person who bought it leaked it? I know of multiple copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        Its not very hard to get an account at the place it was released, and besides that now that its out there in peoples hands its going to become pretty common. Dont know why you're holding it up as some mysterious thing when anyone can get a copy now
        You didn't need to sign up or register to download at Arqueología Digital, which was the first place that this specific rip was made available. It's good that it's been spreading pretty quickly, though it's a shame that people are still being elitest about it. The whole point to finding it and putting it online was to preserve it and to allow others to study it rather and leave it sitting in some random collector's collection (especially when they obviously had zero inclination to actually document it in any way, including doing any screenshots that didn't suck).

Those guys at Castlevania Dungeon are doing a pretty good job of identifying the quirks and documenting work around for it, which is nice. Hopefully someone will be inclined enough to correct some of the localization problems (text display issues, grammar problems, etc) and patch it up the game-breaking portions to make it fully playable on its own. I know a version of SotN w/ Japanese voices and english text has been on a lot of peoples' wish lists for a long time

Originally posted by Borman View Post
        Is it even official that the person who bought it leaked it? I know of multiple copies.
        It's official that it's NOT the same person. Just goes to show that you should not pay large amounts of money for CDRs. This game was never pressed and never given out to the public, only a couple of CDRs were burned for the show and I'm not sure how the seller got a hold of his copy, but trying to talk it up like a one of a kind item was pretty shady. Hopefully the buyer isn't suffering from too much buyer's remorse!

Comment

Ouch, Just curious where you got your info from? I know who the buyer and seller are, but Im curious to hear more about who leaked it or the circumstances that lead to them leaking it.

Comment

I know who the buyer and seller are, but Im curious to hear more about who leaked it or the circumstances that lead to them leaking it.
            The motivation for uploading it was that none of the people that I know of that had it were aware that it WASN'T in circulation yet. Once they found out that some greedy collector was selling a piece of stolen property as a unique one-of-a-kind item, they were more than willing to help ensure that this important milestone in game development / localization was released to the general public. BuyAtari's attitude also played a factor in it (refusing to bother taking better shots when asked for them, not bothering to find out more information about the state of development when asked, not showing pictures of the disc when asked, etc).

I'm personally overjoyed that people have been spending a lot of time with the beta (both playing it and looking through the game code for any hidden stuff). That's so much better than the alternative of no one knowing anything about it other than a few blurry photographs and some random flagrant dick-waving from a couple of pretentious proto collectors. Hopefully the positive reception of the community at large will help encourage others to release whatever betas/protos that they stumble on, knowing that plenty of other people out there will be appreciative and eager to tear into the games.

(Like that will ever happen. 99% of proto/beta collectors are only concerned about money and e-penis size)

Comment

Are you a known person in the communities? PM me if you don't want who you are displayed to the public. You've peaked my interest now ;) Thanks for sharing the info!

Comment

RichterB, your attitude kicks major ass.

I couldn't help but to LMAO as you spoke on the truth...
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

i love castlevania it's rare finding castlevania fans : /

Comment

I could never complete Castlevania : SotN

Something about going "outside" of the castle using a glitch or something... WTF?

Comment

It was sold to a member on the Assembler boards for $3700 through ebay from another member which makes it pretty surprising that it was released so fast.
                      wow, 4K???
                      that's insane...

Comment

Working...
                      X