Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do horror fans really want survival horror to make a comeback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jake Muller part i think will be scary on same lvl as dead space ( Because) you got that big monster on your tail the whole time.. so you will get that feeling like in dead space 1 ( the monster you couldent kill.. it will chase you down... you will hopefully be on the edge of your seat... trying to get away.
    Last edited by rehunk88; 05-12-2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Depends on just how powerful he (and Sherry) are in comparison to what they face. They could fall into the Alice Trap - they're so much more awesome than anyone else that you never really feel they're in danger, even when they're meant to be.

Comment

Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
        Jake Muller part i think will be scary on same lvl as dead space ( Because) you got that big monster on your tail the whole time.. so you will get that feeling like in dead space 1 ( the monster you couldent kill.. it will chase you down... you will hopefully be on the edge of your seat... trying to get away.
        Here's a little reminder for the younger crowd about who did it first and what game should inspire RE6:

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

IF they can make it as intense as nemesis then we have a winner.

Comment

I WANT IT!!

Fixed cameras are a must for me because they control what I see. They give style and ambiance to a game.

What I would like most in SH games is:
            hero is a normal person not some commando armed to the teeth (is there even
            no respawning
            no crows dropping coins
            no bull with waves of enemies like L4D, that's too action oriented, it ruins the ambiance.
            etc

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
            It's obvious Capcom only cares about Resident Evil as a trademark.
            Last edited by The_15th; 05-21-2012, 05:46 PM.

Comment

This is what I want to see in a survival horror game

Obviously not every survival horror game is gonna have zombies and giant spiders or creepy mansions, but what they should all have in common is an eerie atmosphere. The REmake nailed that 100%. It had everything from lightning effects, fog, flickering lights, shadows coming from outside of windows.....enemies bursting through doors.......even the simplicity of silence can do wonders. Limited ammo is an important factor, but I think the environment is something that gets overlooked a lot.

Besides REmake, Dead Space is the only other survival horror game to get the atmosphere right IMO.
              Last edited by CODE_umb87; 05-22-2012, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post

Reaper was seemingly forgot about. RE5 added some decent enemy designs, the small spiders were decent as well, thoug could of done with greater numbers.

Oh right. I don't even know their names. Yes they were okay and had that "if we screw up I will die in one hit" element in there. Design was just the Chimera though I always thought. Guess I forget them as things like dumb chaingun brutes and weird shellfish looking things are unfortunately more memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Comment

Working...
                X