Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Fortress Dendron for Gameboy Advance - anybody have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Fortress Dendron for Gameboy Advance - anybody have it?

I came across this really interesting homebrew GBA game on youtube, and decided i'd try to hunt down a copy online. (Yup I still play my gba on a regular basis ) I hope this is 'ok' to ask here, as it's just a homebrew game. I've emailed both creators of the game, but no responses as of yet. I'm sure they're both really busy people, so who knows if i'll ever receive a reply back. I found the link to download the .gba file on 2 of their sites but unfortunately the file is down on both.

This game was entered into gbadev's 2004Mbit Compo Game contest,

www.gbadev.org/demos.php?showinfo=1271

but it didn't make the final cut. I have tried registering at gbadev, but I never received my verification email, so I can't post on the site to ask around for myself. Would someone who has this title in their collection or who is registered at gbadev be kind enough to help me out somehow or ask SimonB who was in charge of the contest for me? Surely he must still have the game? You'd think this game would be easy to find online, but it actually seems to be on verge of being 'lost'.

If someone could help me out, that'd be awesome - i'd really like to play this one.. thanks for any help!

Game info:

http://www.rhythmspanker.com/IMPBuilder/index.php

http://www.scottlininger.com/

Last edited by Deus Flux; 05-27-2012, 05:04 AM.
    sigpic

If the game was free, then you acquiring it free should be OK...but I don't want anyone linking to torrent sites or the like, please.

Comment

Cool, thanks. Yes, it is a free game.
      sigpic

Comment

Great news: After getting in contact with Simon B at gbadev, Star Fortress has now been uploaded on the main page at gbadev along with some of the other games from 2004. He told me that while this version of Fortress isn't completely finished, it is very playable.

kaylee.mess & te_lanus (who I think are the same person, could be wrong though so thanking them both to be sure) were also kind enough to upload version 1.1 of Star fortress (the version that was originally available on the creator's site), which I believe may be a later revision than on gbadev, as the file is larger in size. I'll try to get this version to them and see if they know which is more recent.

So now we have 2 versions of the game available --> Happy

Thanks again guys for sharing the game! I'll include the site links here if i'm given the ok to, otherwise the game should be easy enough to find now.
        Last edited by Deus Flux; 05-30-2012, 05:54 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X