Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lollipop Chainsaw

`

It's like that game with girls in bikinis killing zombies. The game feels like it's directed by a japanese version of Tarantino. haha

Comment

I have to wait for it because I pre-ordered it from Japan. Glad I'll be able to toggle VO stuff on the Premium Edition of it.

Looks like a fun game, I'm excited for when it arrives.
      sigpic
      Non-blurry Signature Version
      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

I spent a not small portion of my day playing this, and it is fantastic. They did everything right, in my book!

Comment

Is Yamaoka writing the music for this?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
            Is Yamaoka writing the music for this?
            Yes, though I believe Jimmy Urine has done the boss battle music if my memory is correct on the details.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Down to the use of licensed and public domain music, Lollipop Chainsaw's soundtrack is stylistically perfect.

Comment

I. Love. This. Game.

FUCK.

The dialogue is constantly spitting out quotable lines, the music ranges from hilariously awesome (Let's go sparkle hunting to Hey Mickey!) to downright badass (that beat that plays during the initial game of Zombie Baseball is sweet), the characters are all weird as shit in a good way (typical of Suda of course), and the replayability is definitely there. From collecting money to fighting it out on leaderboards.

Suda51 and Akira Yamaoka. Yes.

Also, apparently, "zombies suck dick at driving buses!"

Comment

This thread needs som pom-pom-ish music;

Comment

The moment the gameplay started, old-school sensibilities in the Dreamcast era kicked in.

Anybody else reminded of Killer 7 when they were inside the hallway with those suicide zoms? Even the design of the place itself looked very familiar of the one in K7.

Comment

IGN's retardeness continues, game got a 5/10 from them. Of course linking to the review is only to propagate the quality of the work so therefor I just say you'll have to take my word for it that they're the same bunch of diseased monkey nut sacs writing the same old stupid shit.
                      Last edited by Rombie; 06-14-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                        IGN's retardeness continues, game got a 5/10 from them. Of course linking to the review is only to propagate the quality of the work so therefor I just say you'll have to take my word for it that they're the same bunch of diseased monkey nut sacs writing the same old stupid shit.

Its quite funny how they ended up with a 5 based on the overall numbers in their end review.

8.5 Presentation
                        7 Graphics
                        9 Sound
                        5 Gameplay
                        5 Lasting Appeal

If you find the mean of those, it would end up being a 6.9 rounded up to a 7.0

Which is really what I find the game to be. A solid 7.0

Its fun as hell, but there "annoyances" that tarnish it from being an 8-9 game.

Comment

IGN don't average, they just state an overall even if it doesn't match the rest. It's part of why I always used to say "You can't spell Ignorant without IGN"

Comment

Review sites I actually trust don't like it much either though, so this is a rental at best

Comment

I'll be checking each and every persons Trophy and Achievements lists who posts in this thread, see who is a fan of suda and who just wanted to perve up her skirt from the get go and got caught by the trophy/achievement for it.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                              X