Halflife 2 Episode 3: Art?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halflife 2 Episode 3: Art?

Top 10 Best Online & Offline Games in 2024 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and More) January 4, 2021 This article has been just updated: January 4, 2021 Even though publishers like to release the most anticipated games near the holiday season, there has already been a number of highly rated video game releases this […]

Can it be? Kinda looks like Chell though . . .
    sigpic

What is Valve's issue with the number 3?

- Team Fortress 3
    - Left 4 Dead 3
    - Half-Life 3
    - Half-Life 2: Episode Three
    - Portal 3 (I place this down here simply because Portal 2 is still new and I suppose I shouldn't count it as entering the realm of Valve time just yet)

Comment

Oh no you don't, you don't get to make fun of Valve.

You like the live action RE films...THAT is your crime, and your punish-ya know I really cant make up any sarcastic insults to ya Canas.Yer too nice a guy.

Its a little early to expect a TF2 sequel.The game is 5 years old now, and they're doing lots of little things with it. I mean hell, Pyroland is a day old now, and now that they're also putting out the movie making software for their in game stuff as well thats gonna add another year or so to the games lifespan.

L4D3 on the other hand...Ya know, I wasn't as impressed with L4d2 as I was initially. A lot of the level design on the maps was really linear and lacked randomization. Overall it didn't really feel like a sequel so much as an expansion of l4d1.

Which was sad because the first l4d games level design on its campaigns(Minus The Sacrifice) was really damn good.
      I liked that in L4d1 you were supposed to hold off the infected during panic events and stuff...but in L4d2 you have to run from the infected during like 90% of the panic events.

While it may get your adrenaline running initially...After a month or so it feels completely unnecessary and a chore to do.
      The one campaign that I think I'm still the most disappointed in is 'Hard Rain'. The random storm effect is cool...but the campaign is really damn short due to the fact that you end up back tracking through the water for half of it...and the water ceases becoming an obstacle after 1 month of playing.

I played l4d2 for a year or so and haven't touched it in 7 months now.

Playing on Multiplayer was fun and all, but the game just got too easy, predictable and less challenging as it aged. While the same could be said about l4d1, the characters and level design really stood the test of time.

Thats not the case for l4d2 :/ which really needed some more time in the oven.
      Last edited by Wrathborne; 06-28-2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Doesn't really indicate what the art is from or when it was made

Comment

Team Fortress 2 doesn't need a sequel, the game is evolving instead.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
            Team Fortress 2 doesn't need a sequel, the game is evolving instead.
            Probably not for the next 10 years or whenever Valve's new engine comes around (and then wait even more years).

Comment

Working...
            X