No announcement yet.

SH2 now works on Xbox 360!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SH1 definitly scared the hell out of me, I gave up on the series when i beat the first 2 and attempted to play the third... I think the fear factor was 10 times worse then resident evil and I had a tough time playing those as a kid, SH has got to be one of the best horror games of all time, the main reason I lost interest is the gameplay, I hated how sluggish the characters were when they used weapons and movement.
    Last edited by Stars_g36; 12-09-2007, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      I finally beat it
      Which ending did ya get?

Comment

"Leave" Seemed ok to me. Though I wonder what the majority of people get on their first play through. Would seem to me that leave is the most fitting of the endings from what I've read.

Comment

I got "Leave" on my first playthrough, i think it's the one most people get.
          Last edited by rewak; 12-10-2007, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Nice I explored the hell out of the place too, so I'm guessing its probably the "true" ending, though I'd wonder why we haven't heard from Laura or James since then. Seems kinda weird he didn't have a cameo in SH4, considering his father was in it.

One thing that makes me wonder, will we see a game where we play as Walter Sullivan? I mean yeah, he was the bad guy in 4, but his grave was still in the SH2 gravesite in the other world. Some of the things in 4 are contradicted by 2 IE:

Spoiler:

Comment

I've stopped trying to figure out contradictions between SH games, and just come up with the conclusion that the scenario is unique to ever character, hence why Laura can't see any of the monsters etc

Comment

First time through I got the "Leave" ending. The real ending, though, is "In Water" which is confirmed by Silent Hill 4 (and Silent Hill 3 to a degree) and I believe Owaku (Silent Hill 2 and 3 scenario writer) said he thought "In Water" was the most fitting end.

Comment

How was it confirmed in SH4?

Comment

Well, Sunderland is James' father, and it mentions that his son and daughter-in-law never returned from a trip to Silent Hill. "In Water" is the only ending were we know James dies for sure.

Though really, the real endings are the UFO endings

Comment

Really? I didn't catch that he said they never returned from their trip. So what the hell then? James says it has been 3 years since Mary died, and at the end Mary says that James never took her back to Silent Hill.

So how the hell could that happen? Was she even sick when they visited Silent Hill? Probably not, so he had no reason to kill her then.

Comment

James saying that Mary died 3 years ago is part of the rejection that he killed Mary. Mary was diagnosed of her illness 3 years ago. Looking back, James feels like that was when Mary died, as after that, she was not herself and there relationship began to fall apart due to her suffering and his constant need to care for her. She was treated for some time in Silent Hill, as well as there vacation there leading her to think of it as there special place.

In reality, James kills Mary to stop his and her suffering, and to get his life back, but after doing this, he snaps, believes that he receives a letter from Mary and he goes to Silent Hill. This is where the game picks up.

If the In Water ending is to be believed thenSpoiler:

Comment

Probably a good idea to set up my JPN PS2 and play SH4. I haven't even finished that game once. I didn't enjoy it much, but the flow of the scenario was well done.. Not sure how far I am from the end though..

Spoiler:

Comment

You will go with Eileen through every level you did alone before (that's one of the things why people don't like SH4 - huge backtracking...). So you will need to go through buildings and apartments.

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                            James saying that Mary died 3 years ago is part of the rejection that he killed Mary. Mary was diagnosed of her illness 3 years ago.
                            If I remember correctly, those "3 years ago" was from the talk James had with Mary's doctor (you can hear it in library, after watching video tape) - the doctor said that Mary will live 3 years at the most.

Comment

i have both restless dreams on ps2 and xbox because i love the 2nd one the most out of all of them.

Comment

I've reviewed all the footage now, I added a few more things I've noticed that may or may not be the fault of the 360 emulation. Its a pretty comprehensive list though. I'll be making it into a feature pretty soon. I suppose I'll also start working on a Pros and Cons of each version of the game, since I'll be playing through them anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X