No announcement yet.

SH:HC Some new videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe he meant that this is the first fully explorable town apart from Silent Hill.
    I want that. Very much.

To be able to explore all the locations of the town in Silent Hill 0,1,2,and 3.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
      I want that. Very much.

To be able to explore all the locations of the town in Silent Hill 0,1,2,and 3.
      As do I.
      I just had a look at those new videos and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I'm still unsure about the updated combat controls but other than that it looks promising. I might be getting this after all.

Comment

The combat looks ok, sadly it seems the graphics and framerate aren't up to snuff, and the facial animations and lip synch is terrible.

Comment

I dont care that it is made by a new studio now, i dont care that gameplay has been changed, it still a god damned SH, the soundtrack is still by Akira san and I will bye it, play it, gona be scared like a little baybe by it, and I'am gona like it!! Nomatter what some people say all SH games are great, even SH4.
          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I agree Nomad

Comment

Wel thanks BLSR1. Atleast now there are two people who will bye SH:HC. Konami is happy as hell!
              Last edited by Nomad9026; 06-03-2008, 02:18 AM.
              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I love Silent Hill...but if the game doesn't deliver the quality of gameplay and story I expect from a Silent Hill I don't buy it new. I'd be insane to run out and buy a new game, or book, or movie just because it was part of a series I enjoyed. Yeah, I wanna know the whole story, but not badly enough to blow £40 on it.

Games change, sometimes into something far enough away from the origional that simply crying, 'It has the logo of the series and must be bought!' is just a little bit crazy. Silent Hill Home Comming doesn't look exceptional, doesn't have the involvement of those that made Silent Hill great, doesn't have anything but the title. It has to earn the title of Silent Hill before I buy it.

Comment

The fact that Konami have pushed Silent Hill Homecoming to an outside developer is not the problem. Many other series' have been pulled away from there creators and saved (such as Tomb Raider), but Silent Hill Homecoming, in my opinion, looks terrible. Silent Hill fans seem to think so. Non-Silent Hill fans too. Gamers in general think it looks like a bad game. Like Origin, it looks like another "Silent Hill Generic", as in everything is by the book.

I really hate when people bitch about Silent Hill 4. At least it was trying something new, and had one of the better narratives from the series. Since 4, the series has become a pale imitation of its former self. Everything is "by the book". It's something that needs to change.

And Silent Hill Homecoming is going to bomb hard sales wise. Silent Hill was never a huge seller like a Metal Gear or a Resident Evil. It sold well enough but even Origin sold next to nothing. And from what I've seen, unless Homecoming gets a huge push back into next year, this game is going to get panned by reviewers and could be the final nail in the series coffin.
                  Last edited by randomwab; 06-03-2008, 06:03 AM.

Comment

You're right about that "by the book".
                    There was hardly anything new in 0rigins - it was rather a mix of SH1, SH2 and SH3 ideas than a new game. Even the Butcher (the most underdeveloped character -- really, Butcher along with Travis' story had potential that was never used... :/) was just a mere rip-off of Pyramidhead.

Also, I'm tired of zombie-nurses, especially those sexy nurses that are in the game till SH2; c'mon, can't they think of something new? I know that burping nurses/patients and demonic wheelchairs from SH4 were weird, but at least it was something original. Not to mention, why do nurses in both 0rigins and Homecoming have Brookhaven Hospital design, even thought Travis and Alex are visiting Alchemilla Hospital?

But the problem is, lots of fans don't want new things. Just look at SH4 and people's reactions: no radio?! no flash light?! no darkness?! ghosts?! "IT'S NOT TEH SEILHENT HILL!!1!" :/
                    Even now people are bitching about the Shepherd's Glen part of SH:H with all this bluish atmosphere. Not to mention the combat and camera system.

My biggest concern with Homecoming is its design. The game looks like a decent horror game and not like a Silent Hill (even 0rigins could achieve that, so why Double Helix has problem with it?). And characters look awful, in both design and technical way. Thought at least they fixed Alex and he look ok now.

Comment

I liked origins. I played it nonstop from start to finish.

Comment

The same with me here, BLSR1. I think Origins is a great game and a worthy part of SH series. And I dont give a shit what others can say about it, I liked the game and thats it

Comment

Coming soon from Double Helix and Konami, Silent Hill Homecoming: Train Wreck Edition... "So horribly wrong, you don't want to watch... yet you can't help but look at the disaster awaiting around the corner!"
                          Last edited by Rombie; 06-14-2008, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I loved origins, played it from start to finish and then again to explore everything.
                            I hope silent hill 5 is a vast improvement on 3 and 4, i was really dissapointed with these titles as i expected more from silent hill

Comment

Originally posted by TheOrganization View Post
                              I loved origins.......
                              I hope silent hill 5 is a vast improvement on 3 and 4
                              wut?

Comment

i didnt like number 3 at all, hated the characters and storyline, 4 was a bit better but still not all that good

Comment

Working...
                                X