No announcement yet.

silent hill the movie game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but the purpose of a video game based movie is not to retell the game word for word. It's an adaptation. It doesn't have to be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      The movie is much, much better than the Resident Evil ones. But I got the feeling the writter wasn't happy writting a story already told and fought to change things. For example, Harry is replaced with a woman. And the Cult is gone. Dahlia is changed very badly too.

All told, it feels more like Silent Hill...but too many stupid things were changed to make it a good representation.
      They changed the main character from a man to a woman because they thought it would be more convincing if a mother was searching for her daughter.

I read that somewhere
      *goes out in search of a source*

Comment

Yeah, in one interview Gans said that Harry's actions in SH1 felt more maternal.
        And the movie itself was ok - if only they have kept the original story... :/

The worst thing about the movie is, they put the Pyramid Head there (along with sexy Brookheaven nurses and Lying Creatures) - something that was an integrated element of SH2, and was used in the movie only for the scare-factor, with no connection to the storyline.

Comment

Well all the creatures you just mentioned looked and worked amazingly, so I'm not gonna complain about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            The movie is much, much better than the Resident Evil ones. But I got the feeling the writter wasn't happy writting a story already told and fought to change things. For example, Harry is replaced with a woman. And the Cult is gone. Dahlia is changed very badly too.

All told, it feels more like Silent Hill...but too many stupid things were changed to make it a good representation.
            Thanks for the tip I might consider renting it out first before buying it.

Comment

I find it rather stupid that Pyramid Head was init never the less he was only shown twice in the fucking film.
              Same for nurses, one scene is stupid, if you've played Silent Hill, you see all these creatures outside aswell.

And even then, they showed like ONE monster outside.
              Film is my favourite film, but I have to say, it was dissapointing.
              Atleast the Silent Hill film had traditional game music.

Comment

Well, they had the nurses in the hospital. The Pyramid Head only showed up during the darkness. But there were a few scenes they had to cut out in editing, there were actually a few scenes with the armless monsters all over the city. Pity they were cut out. I personally think that with some movies, all those deleted scenes should have been included in the movie.

Comment

Deleted scenes...havent watched them.
                  Are they on the DVD by any chance?
                  I never really go for Special Features...

Comment

Wait, Konami didn't make this Silent Hill? What the hell...

Comment

No, they outsourced it to an American studio - Double Helix, former The Collective. Team Silent is no more responsible for the series :/.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
                        Well, they had the nurses in the hospital. The Pyramid Head only showed up during the darkness. But there were a few scenes they had to cut out in editing, there were actually a few scenes with the armless monsters all over the city. Pity they were cut out. I personally think that with some movies, all those deleted scenes should have been included in the movie.
                        I'am absolutely agree with you here, SH movie would've been much better with them.
                        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                          Wait, Konami didn't make this Silent Hill? What the hell...
                          It was still a good attempt to recreate the ideas of Team Silent though. In my opinion of course. Now it wasn't that great scare-wise, but the story (again, in my opinion) was excellent. And still, there were some very intense moments.

But if anything, be glad that at least Akira Yamaoka is still there. Now you can be assured of good music, and good vocal collabs with Mary Elizabeth McGlynn!

Comment

Well playing through the new Silent Hill, it definitly has a few jumping moments in it so far, but the first boss wasn't even disturbing. what happend to the music that would but you in such a panic you wouldn't want to go through with going into battle. The overwhelming of those damn hammer head shark axe headed creatures was quite annoying into making the survival harder through even the most simplist area's. Silent Hill one had fear, so dark, so hard to see, the 'Other world" truely terrifying. The sirens and the mentality that you were drugged up to see this place was definitly fear with the demonic children trying to kill you. Bodies plastered on the wall in such grostesque ways made me hither at the thought of wanting to continue. Though I succeeded in beating the game several times I still get the chills as if I played for the first time.

Silent hill 5 definitly is a more difficult game by means of fighting creatures who can fend off bullets and shot gun blast. Who gang up on you and makes it difficult to defend yourself, but the environment makes me feel like I can actually just walk around with out fear of something watching me. The dudes comming out of the drains are amusing but more annoying then terrifying. The Other world definitly cannot touch SH1 and SH2. Shoot, I was use to being in that situation for hours and this time it only last not even an hour...Don't get me wrong, SH5 gameplay has impressed me because I do not feel the slugishy movement like in the other series, (though I see RE4 hints of shooting a gun over the shoulder and dodging is neat) the character feels more real in that sense...I still was on the edge of my seat on a few moments in the game and will still feel that, but not like the other 4 silent Hills. Still an awesome game and seeing SH again was cool!
                            Last edited by Stars_g36; 11-02-2008, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
                              The original film was 3.5 hours long. I wish they would release a Director's Cut with all the things they cut out, but unfortunately that's not going to happen...

Overall, I really did enjoy the film, I thought it was eerie and had the most amazing look and feel of a film since Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, and Tim Burton's Edward Scissors Hands. I also loved the social commentary of the film, it was very real to the present day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                                Deleted scenes...havent watched them.
                                Are they on the DVD by any chance?
                                I never really go for Special Features...
                                No, there were no deleted scenes. But I've seen some footage that was shot, during the featurettes on the DVD. They showed some footage where Cybil was shooting one of the armless beside a building, in Silent Hill.

Comment

Working...
                                X