The Fate of James Sunderland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fate of James Sunderland

These are screens taken from Silent Hill 4 which, yes, is canona nd presents canon facts about the SH Universe.

From those words, I would say only the Maria and In Water ending can be what hapened.
    What about you all?

I'd like to think that the Leave ending is what happened. I liked James despite his crime and the In Water ending is just too sad for me. I haven't gotten the Maria ending so I don't know what happens.

Comment

Well, in the Maria ending...

Spoiler:

I think the In Water ending is the most plausible, as well as the most saddening. After all, it would be the first instinct to do that for any normal person I would think. To do something of such magnitude, then have it hit you like that... I know my first thought would be what happens. I probably wouldn't, but it would certainly cross my mind.

Sorry if I sound ambiguous, I'm just trying not to spoil anything. And I'm too lazy to put up a spoiler.
      Last edited by Canas Renvall; 12-03-2008, 05:04 PM.

Comment

The Maria ending seems to be just a sad. From what it implies, he'd end up going through it all over again.

Comment

Yeah, the In-Water ending seems to be the most plausible ending based on SH4.

Comment

fitting in with the rest of the game's tone, the in-water ending makes the most sense.

and if they were ever to make a movie based off of silent hill 2 (which i think they should, because its an excellent stand-alone story) they should use this ending.

Comment

Not only that. But The In-Water ending means you're getting the most out of your gameplay. To get it you have to read the diary on the hospital roof, and listen to the tape player in the hotel. Which means you're getting those two extra little inputs which you otherwise wouldn't, to get any other ending.

Comment

I'd say In Water is the real ending, or at least that's what I believe is the real ending. The pieces of information we get from Silent Hill 4 kind of point toward this. Plus, it's definitely the most effective ending, and fits very well with the rest of the game.

Comment

I did like Maria ending though, since it's so much more different from the others.

Comment

Nobody even going to stand up for the UFO ending? Come on.

Seriously though, "In Water" ending certainly fits the tone of the rest of the game the most. Depressing and tragic. James finds his reconciliation before he kills himself.

Comment

Yeah, but there's no closure in it at all. It just felt like, Maria died before James had the full chance to say everything he wanted to, and he got no closure which was why he couldn't live with himself anymore. It left a bit of a void, inside me.

Comment

I think leave-ending is the best for SH2. I like James took Laura with him at the end, though she was annoying.

Comment

I've only managed to get the 'Leave' ending - haven't owned the game for very long. Would like to see the other endings just to get an all around different feeling for the story. Its kind of sad if the 'In the Water' ending is the true ending, but its also kind of interesting, to have a game with a really sad ending instead of something all happy and neatly tied up.

Comment

Dog ending, enough said.

It's been years since I played, and while I remember getting the Leave ending since it was the first I got, I don't remember which others I've seen. It's probably the Water ending, as that really fits the theme of the story the most. But if James never returned from his trip while there with his wife, then how soon after certain events that shall remain nameless so as not to bring spoilers here does the plot of SH2 take place?

Comment

In water ending was the first one I got. To be honest, it could just be that James is dead from the beginning of the game, and the endings are just the fate of his soul. James's dead body can be seen several times during the game.

Unfortunately how much I like James, he is dead and buried.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X