No announcement yet.

Does SH have a future for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the good thing about Silent Hill is that there doesn't need to be a future game. I mean, each Silent Hill has a conclusion. So it's not like after homecoming you think, "Gosh, I wonder what's gonna happen to these characters in the next one."

As long as we get a horror title, Produced by Yamaoka, and published by Konami, hopefully with some vocal work by Mary Elizabeth Glynn on the soundtrack, which was also made by Yamaoka. They could call the game whatever you want and make it about anything they want. Heck, it could even be about a well respected corporation doing secred bio weapon experiments which lead to a zombie outbreak.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
      As long as we get a horror title, Produced by Yamaoka, and published by Konami, hopefully with some vocal work by Mary Elizabeth Glynn on the soundtrack, which was also made by Yamaoka. They could call the game whatever you want and make it about anything they want. Heck, it could even be about a well respected corporation doing secred bio weapon experiments which lead to a zombie outbreak.
      I see what you did there.

Comment

Silent Hill died after 3.

Anything else is just drawing it out.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

i never played the games only saw the movie so for my sake they chould go on with it or not
          Last edited by rehunk88; 12-13-2008, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
            Silent Hill died after 3.

Anything else is just drawing it out.
            I think SH4 is a bit underrated, but for the most part, I agree. There's only so much recycling one can take. Pyramid Head was scary, once upon a time, before it got whored out to every SH title after 4...
            Last edited by Henry Spencer; 12-13-2008, 01:53 PM.

Comment

SH4 is VERY underrated. I don't see why people come down on it like that.
              Origins was good, too. For a portable Silent Hill experience, it delivered everything it promised.

Pyramid Head got whored out LONG before Origins or Homecoming came along.

Comment

Pyramid Head should have mean unique, not whored and raped in every continuation.

Comment

^ OMG, LOL! I just couldn't hold myself, what an irony in this post
                  "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Looking at the Wikipedia page, Pyramid Head has been mentioned/in Silent Hill 2, 3, 4, Origins, Homecoming and Arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
                      SH4 is VERY underrated. I don't see why people come down on it like that.
                      it was good but everytime i get to the apartment the first time i always get lost.

but the only thing that can save silent hill now is team silent itself

Comment

The reason people (myself included) didn't like SH4 was the fact you had to re-run all the levels again, which is like putting mirror courses on racing games, it's lazy ass developing. If they had cut all that out, and just moved to the end when you got Eileen, it would be a lot better. Criticized perhaps for being a little too short but that's their own damn fault for not inventing other pointless places to explore. And then of course there's the ghosts, and the burping nurses, and the haunted house. It has a lot of flaws that could have been fixed, and shouldn't have even been there in the first place, put it that way.

Anyway, does SH have a future? Hard to tell really. If whoever ends up making the next game actually put their heads together and come up with some new, original ideas instead of picking what they like from other games and the movie, then yeah it will. But i wouldn't bet on that happening.

Comment

I think Silent Hill has a future.
                          Why? Because I like Origins, and I like Homecoming.

Why? Because Im not a crybaby fanboy.

Comment

Jeez, BLSR1, way to go and insult anyone with any kinda concerns. You do know you're entitled to your opinion, right? And so is everyone else. It's not being a crybaby fanboy to not automatically enjoy a game just because it has the right title. If the game is doing things differently then there will always be folk who don't like the changes, and that's not being a crybaby, it's them not liking the new elements or the loss of old ones. Simple as that.

Grow up, please. People are gonna express there opinion and I will not tolerate you belittling them because you don't agree with it.

Comment

I just hate it when people scream that its the end of a franchise when things change.

Its my opinion that people who do that are crybabies, so I will express it and you will not tolerate yourself belittling me because you don't agree with me.

Comment

There's a difference between disagreeing with someone and calling them a crybaby. One is polite, and tolerated here. The other ain't.

Now, I actually agree with you. I find it somewhat over dramatic to pronounce a series doomed so easily. If you're gonna declare a series dead, even just to you, should require a great deal of thought. A single game or even a single element will never end a franchise. However, I understand that for people, it can end the series for them, because some fans do feel that strongly about things. After all, fan is just the shortened form of fanatic.

Simply put, you can disagree with people. That's fine. Calling them a crybaby, however, is rude. They have there own opinion, which they have decided on, and while you can disagree and argue with that position you cannot, and I hope in future will not, be rude about it. You don't have to call them crybabies to disagree with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X