Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent Hill plot analysis *spoiler topic stay out if you haven't played the series*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
    Play Novel was out 2001.
    6 months before silent hill 2

Posted by Darkmoon However since the chances of Harry dreaming the life of Heather and her game while dying in a car it means any ending where he dies isn't possibly canon. So, the first two endings of the Play Novel are the same as game ones.
    Yeah it was pretty far fetched to say Harry dreamed Heathers life, lol...still the endings are still possible since Harry just keeps waking up in the cafe. Eventually he will get the canon ending and SH3 will pick up the story.

Really I just want a remake that contains the extra Cybil scenario, endings, and the extra puzzles..it could easily be fit in.

Comment

I would love the Cybil scenario and the Lost Boy Scenario in a remake, yes. Anything more than that might start making whoever redoes the game to get a little too creative and start fiddling with things that are best left alone.

Comment

I do wonder if the Cybil scenario in the Play Novel is based on the cut playable scenario from Silent Hill's development.

Either way, the endings of the Play Novel have always fascinated me, but I've never been able to put more than a few minutes into the title. I keep hoping someone will finish a proper translation and rom hack, but it's likely never going to happen. A pity to be honest.

I do wonder how hard it would be to implement what is already translated into the game....

Comment

...well, hell, you could probably make a simple HTML series of pages that would do the play novel. Take a screen shot, post the translation below, post up links to the next page...you wouldn't have music but otherwise it should work alright. I contemplated doing it a little while back, but am currently much too busy. Maybe I'll give it a shot when it calms down a little.

Comment

I tried that once myself using a psp friendly program called adventure maker, a html based IDE for point and click games. It had gif animation for the snow but didn't support sound..so it was really boring to play, and the translation I found at the time was only partial and nowhere near as complete as the one posted on gamefaqs.

I could try it again in lua script with this translation. The only problem I can see is how to load all the images since there were over 150 if I remember right. I'll give it a shot and see how far I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              ...well, hell, you could probably make a simple HTML series of pages that would do the play novel. Take a screen shot, post the translation below, post up links to the next page...
              As I remember someone actually did that, but the project was unfinished.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                I do wonder if the Cybil scenario in the Play Novel is based on the cut playable scenario from Silent Hill's development.
                I swear this was confirmed sometime ago. It was cool too. =P

Eddie or Andrew or whatever isn't canon though.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                  I swear this was confirmed sometime ago. It was cool too. =P

Eddie or Andrew or whatever isn't canon though.
                  Andy.. I was just looking at his scenario last night while I was collecting PN translations sound and backgrounds...just silly that he's hiding in Harry's jeep

On another note I was just thinking about Origins. They never really explained what happened to the people on the grim reaper's list..was there ever any info on them? I would guess they were all connected with Alessa so why didn't Origins elaborate that into the story? Kinda disappointing.
                  Last edited by Harry Mason; 03-19-2009, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X