X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew something smelt funny with this thread... :p

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      Guys, I think you're missing the point here. The fact that the woman is saying the same thing now, in April 2009, isn't terribly interesting in and of itself. But that there are still some kinda plans for the movie is interesting. The idea hasn't been abandoned. It's still possibly it might get made and has official type folks involved.

Yes, you guys reported the news about it many moons ago. I'm pretty sure you didn't add, 'There was still interest in April 2009' anywhere in your articles, though. I thought the movie had died. Sorta hoped it, certainly.
      She said that she heard Gans wasn't involved and that the movie was being made. She could have heard that a year ago. She didn't give us any new information that would suggest progress.

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      Why are you guys on AJ like flies on shit? Damn.. Acting like we got a limited number of posts in this forum or something, lol.
      Because ha had to be cheeky

Comment

If they do make a sequel, they'd better not make us wait for years.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
          She said that she heard Gans wasn't involved and that the movie was being made. She could have heard that a year ago. She didn't give us any new information that would suggest progress.
          Not about Gans, no. The bit about the idea being kicked around now, at the moment, instead of it being a dead project? That's the bit that's new and interesting. It means someone is still talking to the actors from the first movie about a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            Not about Gans, no. The bit about the idea being kicked around now, at the moment, instead of it being a dead project? That's the bit that's new and interesting. It means someone is still talking to the actors from the first movie about a second.
            So that would mean that the same cast would return in the sequel, thus following the same story right?
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

That was the idea. They've set themselves up for a good Silent Hill 2-esque plot now. =P

Comment

I'd honestly like to see a Silent Hill film done by a Japanese horror film maker. I'd like to see what they make of it. It's not that I didn't enjoy the first film, I just suspected it could be better most of the time. If they do want to make a sequel at any time, I'd want to see it handed over to somebody who can practically make me wet my pants in fear... To be perfectly crude about it.

Comment

I think that might be interesting. Mostly because I suspect a Japanese director would stick a bit closer to source material. I still grit my teeth a little at the random and pointless changes...and even some of the ones I do understand I don't like much.

And this at least confirms one actor is being considered to reprise a role. It's possible the others are. But that would surely block a Silent Hill 2 style story, wouldn't it? And the movie itself fried Silent Hill 3. I guess it'll be an origional story now. Which, in fairness, I may enjoy a bit more when it's not Harry with a rack.

Comment

I would personally like to see sean bean return, I was kind of upset that he was never "introduced" to the terrors of silent hill. It's pipe swinging time!
                    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Originally posted by Weskers Flag View Post
                      I hope they make a sequel, this was one of the few video games turned movie that was actually worth watching.
                      ^
                      I agree!

But the thought of the second movie in another directors hands makes me nervous!

Comment

I must admit, I got the feeling from watching the extras and such that the writer was a dumbass who wanted to do his own story and the director was a huge fan trying to keep things in check and as close to the game as humanly possible. So I'd be much more interested if the writer didn't return but the director did.

Comment

^ I felt the same way, I loved the director because he was so into the actual theme of the games.

Comment

I really hope they can pull off an SH2-esque story. I want to see Chris meet Little Miss Sunshine Angela... XD

"I'm lookin' for my MAMA! It's been so long since I've SEEN HER!"
                            "*James runs away screaming*"
                            "...Was it something I said? D:"
                            Gotta love those silly Newgrounds people. XD

Comment

I am actually very much looking forward to this, I really enjoy the first one despite its quite massive at times problems, I see exactly where they were going for the sequel with the ending of the first film.
                              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                                I am actually very much looking forward to this, I really enjoy the first one despite its quite massive at times problems, I see exactly where they were going for the sequel with the ending of the first film.
                                Yeah, honestly the end of the film was probably one of the most Silent Hillish parts of it. Just in my opinion though. It's just it was quite disturbing...

Comment

Working...
                                X