Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shattered Memories Trailer - Lost in the Snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
    I wonder if it'll affect you at all. Like, say you're running from a monster and the floor is icy and you slip....
    Yeah, it's funny that we have all these horror games and nobody ever includes one of the biggest cliches at least in slasher films. Looks like the Wii will be the benchmark for survival horror games where the characters slip and fall (RESC with Claire and the Licker and Shattered Memories).

Everything presented in this trailer and the new screenshots indicated something not a lot of horror games have done: The most extreme sense of helplessness. Harry's fear upon finding Cheryl gone, the lack of combat ("You gotta run daddy...you can't fight...come on!" I like that line), some of the angles featuring those monsters almost towering over Harry, and of course the imposingly icy Otherworld.

Comment

I don't mind the ice - it's something different and like I said in the other thread I think this is the most clever way of doing a remake or reimagining I've seen in a long long time.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        Nah, I never did. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a horror gilm called Fritt Vilt about froxen surroundings.
        epic fail on my part i spelt film wrong, the film is calledd cold prey over here in the states, i dun know if its out in aus right now.

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
          epic fail on my part i spelt film wrong, the film is calledd cold prey over here in the states, i dun know if its out in aus right now.
          Personally, I don't see the big deal about the recent Norwegian horror film efforts (though, Død Snø and its Nazi Zombies in the snow was a blast... but only 'cause someone had to do it for the shits and giggles)

Personally, I'd really like to recommend "Let the right one in" (Swedish movie), really great. And it has a very "cold" feel to it. You can actually see in the visuals of the movie that it's way too cold outside.

Anyway, anyone who lives in a place where the winter really kicks in once it kicks in knows what kind of creepy shit snow actually is. Not only does it get cold and chilly (duh), but the snow entirely consumes sound and everything can quickly feel "closed off" even though it's entirely open.

Question is whether or not they're able to recreate that in a game so people who're actually not familiar with these phenomenons will be able to feel it through a digital medium.

Comment

Yeah, I live in Michigan and sometimes it snows like nobody's business. It's so weird going out one night when it's freezing cold, but not yet snowing. I can hear all the nightlife and such. When it's snowing and I let the dog out though, everthing is much more muted. All you can hear is the wind (if there is any), faint sounds in the distance, and yourself. It really makes you feel isolated, especially late at night.

If Shattered Memories can effectively recreate that feeling, I'm sold. (I'm still really excited for this nevertheless, though. )

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
              Yeah, it's funny that we have all these horror games and nobody ever includes one of the biggest cliches at least in slasher films. Looks like the Wii will be the benchmark for survival horror games where the characters slip and fall (RESC with Claire and the Licker and Shattered Memories).

Clock Tower 3 and Haunting Ground on PS2. In both games, the main character would trip and slip while running away from the killer.

Comment

This new SH game totally reminds me of Haunting Ground. For the many saying the snow is a good change, its actually not a change at all. The 1st Silent Hill game was in the snow.

After 3 the feel of the games was lost. I have some hope that this game can get the series back on track. I have read some reviews that said this will be the scariest of all SH games. (crosses fingers, knocks on wood, busts out 4 leaf clover)

Comment

^ Nothing will top SH3 scare-wise. It's simply not possible. D: However, I do think this game will have me scared. A good thing, no doubt.

Comment

As a lover of all things ice(don't let the username fool ya), I'm all for this idea of the 'new' Otherworld being icy rather than rust/blood covered. I guess trying something new is always good, but it's true, it could suck. I have hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                      ^ Nothing will top SH3 scare-wise. It's simply not possible. D: However, I do think this game will have me scared. A good thing, no doubt.
                      SH3 had fear down to a science.

Comment

New Wii-gameplay from G4... looks.... terrible. Animations are stilted, some of the effects are pop up poor... Voice acting is not great either. Shaky cam is a little... ugh... with the flashlight. On the plus, the game visually looks nice overall and is definitely in the Silent Hill style - even with the ice. But I'm just not feeling like I want to play this.

Preview with the producer as well.

Last edited by Rombie; 10-06-2009, 04:34 PM.

Comment

All gameplay movies I've seen so far were from the opening part of the game so it's nice that they at last shown something other than the beginning. However, although I find the concept of Shattered Memories really interesting, I... don't feel this game (and I was supporting even Homecoming :0). The whole non-combat and running from enemies idea looked great on paper, but after all those videos it looks really boring - you just need to run straight and, when prompted, interact with environment. For the most part I don't even see where Harry is running, all I see are just linear corridors and doors. :/

Graphics wise it looks ok. Characters models are a little bit meh, although in hi-res they look fine (at least they look a lot better than Homecoming ones):

Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 10-06-2009, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Hmm... interesting renders. Especially how they've made Cheryl/Alessa look like Heather in Silent Hill 3 somewhat to tie that together a little more. Harry also looks a little more like the Harry we know from the original game when he doesn't have his glasses. Still you're right the models are a bit meh and I agree Climax has done better work that Double Helix did on Homecoming.

Comment

Working...
                            X