Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you pay for a used copy of Homecoming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
    All I'm saying is that a little thing like camera control shouldn't stop you from playing what is otherwise an excellent entry in the genre. I highly recommend it, because it's at least worth playing through to get every ending.
    Yeah, like the guy above, i've heard it's not all that great too. But the lack of inverted cameras, something i play with on EVERY SINGLE third person game is obviously going to leave me frustrated when the action starts and i'm shooting at my shoes rather than the beast bearing down on me.

Comment

I'll be perfectly honest with you; you won't find much use in a gun. Most people will tell you that it is extremely easy to beat the game with just a knife, because the combat makes it so that you can cheap pretty much any enemy.

Oh, and IMO, it's better than Dead Space and infinitely better than The Room. If you can put up with all the BS SH4 throws at you, you'll have no problem with Homecoming.
      A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Same principle, different weapon?

Comment

I'm assuming you mean the camera control? No, it actually doesn't come into effect when a melee weapon is involved. The camera automatically locks onto the enemy when you're readying a melee weapon and all you have to do is spam the action button.

Comment

Controls can make or break a game, and sadly I have a hard time switching back and forth. The omission just seems kinda lazy to me.
            I have the same problem. I'll start getting used to up being up but my brain resets and I can't aim. I mainly have that issue with fps's. Should have seen me playing AVP 3, spent most of the time aiming at the floor not seeing where I was going. 3rd person over the shoulder kind of becomes natural and I did get used to homecoming without the inverted aim.

However, I'd only pay £5 for homecoming second hand, as I already molested all the "fun" I can have out of it (and traded it in for £25 against RE5).

Comment

I was just checking the options menu and one of the options was "inverted aim" and you could turn it on or off. Wouldn't that work sufficiently?

Comment

I actually picked mine up at yard sale for 3 bucks. Mint condition too.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                  I was just checking the options menu and one of the options was "inverted aim" and you could turn it on or off. Wouldn't that work sufficiently?
                  yeah that would work...

now the whole argument is null; maybe I'll order a copy off amazon cheap.

Comment

Working...
                  X