Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent Hill 1 + Shattered Memories / Silent Hill 3 = WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill 1 + Shattered Memories / Silent Hill 3 = WTF?

After playing Shattered Memories (and the ending!) I really wanted to try out the original Silent Hill... Oh man, what a game. I got the Good+ ending which made me extremely happy but completly left me confused.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 01-07-2010, 10:17 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 01-08-2010, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

or you know what?

say that its totally different people and trade it in for a genesis

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
          Spoiler:
          Don't go there, you're trying too much to connect everything and in the end, you're just stretching things. That way you can even connect RE movies' storyline to RE games' storyline, but that's not the point. Those are different people, different universes. Just few facts:

Spoiler:
          Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 01-08-2010, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Fuck, I clicked on the spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                Don't go there, you're trying too much to connect everything and in the end, you're just stretching things. That way you can even connect RE movies' storyline to RE games' storyline, but that's not the point. Those are different people, different universes. Just few facts:

Spoiler:
                Now you just being Ignant.

Spoiler:

Its really not hard to connect the plots. Silent Hill is an abstract game. You could easily say the UFO endings are canon. Its fun and I resent your comments about RE. Why can't two games cooexist peacefully? Why do you have to be a horrible person LET THE PLOTS LIVE IN PEACE

Comment

Shattered Memories (beside being a Silent Hill game) has no connections to any of the prior games, or the original. It was merely adapted from the original story, with Konami using the same characters, overall plot, and most of the same ideas. Kind of like how The Dark Knight is a modern take on Batman, Shattered Memories is not canon and does not tie in anywhere...

Comment

Did you even play it till the end?

Spoiler:

Comment

^ Except Climax themselves have stated that it has nothing to do with any of the previous SH games. They said it's completely separate from SH1, a total reimagining with no connections to the first game.

Comment

I played this and agree that the story has nothing to do with the cannon Silent Hill. Did enjoy it though, the nightmare sequences were stupid but the story, exploration and puzzles were nice the doctor was overacted a bit too much Spoiler:
                        but the UFO ending was the best in the series to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                          ^ Except Climax themselves have stated that it has nothing to do with any of the previous SH games.
                          But then they contradict themselves Spoiler:

I could care less what climax says. Shattered Memories was a very clever game and has a lot more depth than you are admitting. Its fun to connect the plots so im going to keep on doing it.

Comment

Well, the thing about that one would be;

Spoiler:

Comment

Them saying it's not a remake is kind of bogus. They just remade it and gave it a new name. I suppose Friday the 13th and Halloween were not remakes either, then, despite re-inventing the whole concept of Myers and Voorhees?

Comment

Working...
                              X