Favorite Vocal Tracks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Vocal Tracks?

Silent Hill has a great soundtrack but the songs a lot of people often bring up when they mention memorable SH songs are the vocal themes. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is of course a great singer. The lyrics of some of the songs are a bit...off but I guess that's something lost in translation.

But yeah. Which songs with singing are your favorite?

Mine is probably Tender Sugar from Silent Hill 4.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It perfectly fits the theme of the game; the melancholy beat, the lyrics about confusion and growing madness, it's just all around a nice song.

Oh and I think there are like two tracks not sung by McGlynn. One is Cradle of Forest from SH4's credits.
    It's a nice little piece.
    Thanks for the 50,000+ views. Thank you very much.This is one of the best Silent Hill song ever.Music & Arrangement by: Akira YamaokaLyrics & Performed by: J...
    Last edited by Becky's Butt; 09-09-2010, 01:41 PM.

"You're not here" from SH3 is definetely my favorite.
    sigpic

Comment

I definitely agree with aris, it opens with some great post-punk like guitar, and I'm not usually one to pass up female vocals. Though, BB, you're right, some of the lyrics are sorta narmy which brings me to,

Buh-lue skies to forever, GREEN GRASS GROWS IN THE WIND, DANCIN'

Comment

You're Not Here, listened a lot to it when my dad died ironically. My favourite vocal track. Though I do enjoy Hometown.

Room of Angel is a good one also though when I first got SH4, my PC would crash at the Cynthia's death cutscene so the song also annoys me because I remember all the frustration I had.

Comment

I, rather ironically, like Your Rain and Hell Frozen Rain best.

Your Rain has a nice blend of sad lyrics and then some powerful guitar, and I don't even know what it is about Hell Frozen Rain. It just really appeals to me.

Comment

Room of Angel. I love the soothing melody contrasting with the harsh words.
            Last edited by Angel1932; 09-29-2011, 03:36 AM.

Comment

All of them. .__.
              sigpic

Comment

I loooove Hometown. Really spooky, especially when he narrates the story about Harry near the end of the song. Poor guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel1932 View Post
                  Room of Angel. I love the soothing melody contrasting with the harsh words.
                  I never played Silent Hill 4, but I have always loved that song. I own the game, but never got around to playing it.

I've always liked One More Soul to the Call from Homecoming, and Scarlet though I don't know if you consider that a vocal track.

You're Not Here is pretty good too, but I have to be in the mood for that one.
                  sigpic

Comment

All the stuff from SH3.. Unbelievable tracks.. Can't pick a favourite, they're all good in their own way.

Comment

the OST's have always been pretty impressive.. but as of late, my favorite has to be that of Shattered Memories.. Hell Frozen Rain, When You're Gone, and the end credits theme, Acceptance, in the vocal category.. every bit of in game music was appropriately chilling..

here's a nice article i just came across through Silent Hill's Facebook page..
                      Last edited by AchuA; 10-04-2011, 09:38 PM.
                      stand upon thy feet, thou barren sun, whose face is as the dusk..

Comment

By far my favourite one is O.R.T from Silent Hill: Origins, just plain awesome....

Comment

"Esperándote" from Silent Hill 1. The lyrics are awesome, and the music is pure sexiness in form of tango. Akira Yamaoka is one of my musical inspirations, the guy can do anything with sounds and silences.
                          "Room of Angel" is also on my list.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
                          X