Request For Konami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request For Konami

With Capcom's and Sega's recent push in porting older games to Next Generation consoles, I think Konami should also keep with this trend and port over some of their older games to newer consoles. With Silent Hill Downpour on its way, I personally would love to see more of the Silent Hill series on my X-Box 360. All the 360 has is Homecoming and if you have the original X-Box version of Silent Hill 2 and 4 then you can play a "reverse-compatible" (read shoddy emulated) version of those games.

I'd really like it if Silent Hill: Origins, Shattered Memories, and even the Silent Hill Experience (not really a game, but still good stuff) came to the X-Box 360. I have them both for the PS2, but honestly, this would be an area of easy money for Konami, and would not make me scour my storage unit for a working NTSC-U PS2.

What say you, THIA?

I wouldn't say no at all. But were sales enough originally to justify it?

Comment

Silent Hill Origins (PSP) :270,000 Copies Sold
      Silent Hill Origins (PS2) : 30,000 Copies Sold

Silent Hill Shattered Memories (Wii) : 400,000 Copies Sold
      Silent Hill Shattered Memories (PS2) : 410,000 Copies Sold
      Silent Hill Shattered Memories (PSP) : 170,000 Copies Sold

(Probably Unreliable) Source of These Statistics : http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/brows...me=silent+hill

Comment

TBH I'd rather see HD ports of the original three or four games before versions of the later titles were made available. And from a sales standpoint I think they're also likely to sell better. SH3 in particular is still an exceptionally nice looking game even though it's almost 8 years old now, and I think HD editions of 2, 3 and 4 would be great.

Comment

SH1, 2 and 3 are among my favourite games of all time so I'd also love HD versions of those. I haven't played Origins and Shattered Memories (or even Homecoming), how do they hold up to the original three Omega?

Comment

Origins and Homecoming aren't that great IMO, Shattered Memories is pretty good though. People bash it a little for being too short and having no combat, but i actually like that about it.

Origins and Shattered coming to the 360 would be more work than it's worth for them so that aint gonna happen, SH2-4 though could be done though. Honestly though i'm against these HD repackages of old games, i'd much rather just play the original on the console it was originally made for.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
              I haven't played Origins and Shattered Memories (or even Homecoming), how do they hold up to the original three Omega?
              I haven't played them either. My PS2 gave up on me whilst playing Origins. DRE'd up the ying yang and such. Will probably have to figure something out (was thinking about HD Loader since I still have the HDD for Outbreak installed ) From what I played, I liked the atmosphere alot for a PSP port. Homecoming wasn't all that spectacular. It had it's moments, but something felt out of place with that game. The atmosphere wanted to be there, but just wasn't there for me.

Originally posted by rewak View Post
              Honestly though i'm against these HD repackages of old games, i'd much rather just play the original on the console it was originally made for.
              Tell that to my PS2 laser.

Comment

Another PS2 costs less than a new game, least here anyway

Comment

I have all three early games from the PS2 era and a (mostly - it DRE's sometimes) working PS2, and I'd still play HD Silent Hill titles. :p

Comment

Why we need an HD version of SH 2-4 : http://www.the-horror.com/index.php?...tures&s=sh2360

Comment

That's not a reason for an HD re-release, that's a reason to play it on the original format Actually if anything that shows a port over to the 360 wouldn't be all that straightforward so why bother. Seriously the game looks beautiful and you can tweak the PC versions into playing at widescreen HD resolutions so why pay again for something you already own, this is something i just don't get with these re-releases. There's only so much you can do without completely remaking the game and if it already looks great which the Silent Hill games do then whats the point?

Comment

The PC versions are the only versions I don't have I have a small netbook and a old laptop which has a decent processor and 4GB of RAM, but the video card sucks hardcore.

Comment

My request to Konami is to stop making mediocre Silent Hill games.
                          I mean with the crazy technology available they could be making mindfuck masterpieces.

..on a more realistic request, at least get Akira Yamaoka to do the Silent Hill Downpour main song with Mary ELizabeth McGlynn.

Comment

I still need to play through SH4.. And yeah the latter SH games seem to reek of artificial atmosphere..

Comment

Homecoming had touches here and there of some creepy atmosphere, such as a few instances where you'd have to split open some tarpaulin with a knife. The split sides of it looked like teeth, and stepping through it definitely made me nervous. Honestly, I didn't get so far because the combat system, despite being the least unwieldy in the whole of the series, kicked my ass. I can't say anything much about Origins as I haven't played it, though I have seen quite a few clips.

I slag off Silent Hill: Shattered Memories occasionaly for its pretensions of "reimagining" the first game and offering barely anything to the canon, but it still has an effective story and dammit, Climax tried. They tried a lot of new ways to create an atmosphere and use the gameplay to contribute to that. It's commendable enough, especially with Homecoming and Origins basically cherry-picking some of the more lauded aspects of the previous games, from what I understand.
                              Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 04-01-2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X