Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIlent Hill Book of Memories delayed to October

From their facebook page:

Due to unfortunate circumstances, the franchise’s debut on the PS Vita, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, has been delayed to October of this year. We deeply apologize for this delay and hope to further update you on the development soon. Thank you for your continued patience.

While I wasn't impressed by the game and as it looked like another Diablo clone, some of the psychological aspects they mixed in looked kind of interesting and I also cant help but wonder if the series could pick up soem steam by branching off into a sdifferent direction for a PSP VITA or 3DS title or two.

Unfortunate circumstances? What, they're afraid to continue development because the Vita, as I understand it, is tanking? This game actually looks pretty decent, I would definitely play it if I got a Vita. Which I do want, but as it stands, I'm worried about its performance and it doesn't have five games that I absolutely must have, which is one of my rules for buying a system.

Comment

It could be due to the sales of Downpour not being what they hoped for as well.

Comment

^ And no one can be surprised at that. Lack of proper promotion plus the push of trying to put three releases in one month probably didn't help. Nor did the frame rate, bugs, and generally mixed reviews.

Comment

It's not a game I would have gotten anytime soon. I don't own a Vita anyway. Still, they need all the time they can get because the last thing we need is poorly developed SH game. Not after the HD Collection ruined beloved classics and left a bad taste in most fan's mouths. What's left of the fans is really all SH has going for it.

Comment

Lol, so they think a Silent Hill spin-off can compete with RE6, AC3 and CoD (all releasing in that timeframe).
            Good luck Konami, you'll need it. They either don't care about the game selling or they're extremely optimistic.

Comment

More time for Vita to drop in price. Sony should do what Nintendo did with 3DS only use free PSP games and not games over 20 years old that have been ported, rehashed and re-released half dozen times each.
              Last edited by Dracarys; 05-19-2012, 10:30 AM.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I also think they should work on expanding the PSN library of PSP games, as a bunch of things I'd love to play are missing- Metal Gear AC!D/2, the first two Star Ocean updated ports, etc. etc. This is such a distant possibility though.

Comment

Working...
                X