No announcement yet.

Evil Dead (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The previous post with the Lee Hardcastle claymation got me more exited. It looks ... competent. But since Evil Dead 2 the movies have really been about something more fun than this.

Comment

Strange, I hope be good, the guy in the water in behind remember Ash.

Comment

New Greenband trailer, shows a little more footage.

I think its looking like a mish-mash of the original Evil Dead and Night Of The demons, which makes me a little sad. I was hoping it'd be its own creature, but I'll have to wait for it to be released.

Comment

I really am looking forward to this, as a huge fan from a young age. The Lesbian kiss to me is more of a "You want girl on girl action in this movie? well hows this for you"!. More sarcasim to todays male viewers I personally believe.

Comment

I'm bored to fucking death with the overt attempts at mixing in girl on girl crap in horror, I really am. I like my horror without cheesy tropes... even though so much horror is cheesy tropes these days.

Comment

Someone PLEASE spoil me the huge ending after the credits, which apparently more than links this film with Raimi's. And details!
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Film isn't even out for another month dude :/

Comment

Yeah I know - but the reviews have got me peaked, and I know for a fact I've no-one who will go and see this with me at the cinema.

Just really interested to see what this much fabled ending is.
                  http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                  http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                  Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Who knows? Probably a Bruce cameo I suspect.

regardless you got almost a month to drag 1 friend with ya to the screens, start chiseling away at them now
                    Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-09-2013, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I'm so eager to see it because Fede Alvarez stated in an interview that there is no CGI tricks used in this film at all, instead he relied on pure old school practical effects just like the original trilogy to satisfy the fans as well as to those who's sick and tired of cheap ass CGI effects in modern horror movies, this should be fun !

Comment

Second Evil Dead Trilogy from Fede Alvarez and original Evil Dead crew rumored.
                        Producer Bruce Campbell tells a packed Paramount Theatre at the world premiere that the graphic remake is the first in a planned trilogy -- and "Evil Dead 2" is already being written.

Also Evil Dead 4(From Raimi and co) would essentially be "Army of Darkness 2"

Comment

Yeah I was about to say I saw Raimi talking about writing another Ash-centric film next during press for Oz. As much as I love the original 3 films, I think waiting 20+ years since AoD though might be missing the boat on it.

Comment

Raimi has been kicking around a 4th film idea since 2007, I think going back to his roots and helping develop this new ED film has re-energized that project. Hes had 20 years to become a stronger director and storyteller and cant help him wanting to go back to what got him into Hollywood and do another entry.

Unlike Spielberg and Lucas, I think Raimi can do it.

Spielberg and Lucas were too old and didn't have the same judgement or creative thinking they did when the did the first 3 Indy films. Raimi is only like 53 and still in his prime.

Besides, an ED film is a different beast than an Indy film, its cartoony, violent, and darkly humorous. Besides a big budget ED(well, 30 million most likely) film would be something to see.
                            Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-09-2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

When it comes to ED, sam raimi is the man !

Comment

Can't be the only person here who saw this. Pretty good remake. Brought the gore as expected, as well as a surprisingly creepy atmosphere. Except some of the Deadites acted too much like zombies rather than a person possessed. If you liked the original though you'll probably like the remake to some extent.

Comment

Working...
                                X