Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World War Z - The Movie - The Thread (Don't judge a book by its cover)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War Z - The Movie - The Thread (Don't judge a book by its cover)

Too anyone who expected the film to be fuck awful, give yourself a cookie. This PG-13 rated poop fest looks to be more of the ultimate Left4dead fan film than anything...minus the special infected.

As I was watching the zombies in this trailer running around like a swarm of insects...All I could think of was how badly they ripped off the horde chasing/climbing scenes from the left4dead series.

Oh, and to anyone expecting the film to be anything close to the book its 'based' on...dont kid yourself.

I DO LIKE!

the new technologies let the developers increase the range of the zombie outbreak, make it looks real... choppas, planes, bombing....

but i hope they improve the zombies individually, if its all about CG hordes, no fun.

Comment

Its mostly about CG hordes.

Comment

I could not give a fuck if they follow the book or not. I'm loving what I saw.

If I wanted the same story as the book I'll just read it again.

Comment

...the people making the movie might wanna read the book again. Or...at all. Ever.

They got having a black president right. That was literally the sole thing they managed to get right. It has none of the tone of the books, none of the sense of crushing dread in the early years, the little horrors like the little girl in Canada whose parents end up swapping her radio for some long pork. From what I can see it probably isn't going to bother with the fact that the War took years, that the US was forced to abandon pretty much everything but the Western Sea Board and Hawaii and that when they go back a lot of people simply aren't interested in re-joining a nation that left them to die, especially areas like the Black Hills (which is singled out...shock of shocks) and somehow I suspect the huge civil war in China will be left out, or that Japan more or less abandoned the islands once they got infected because they simply didn't have the military hardware to fight back.

This IS NOT World War Z. The movie itself might be good. A bit too action heavy for my taste, and the fact they decided to replicate the zombies hurling themselves off tall buildings to follow the protagonist trope is a bit annoying. But it's not World War Z. It's Left 4 Dead the movie.

I don't mind them doing something different to the book...but this isn't different. This if, 'Fuck every single detail we can and make our shit with a big label that we think will draw people in.' The Resident Evil movies, in other words. The movie itself might be good...or it might be yet another generic rage virus movie where America saves the day. I'll wanna see more before that. Although I'm going to have to think of a piffy name - I'm not calling this World War Z.

Comment

The only thing I liked was the end with the zombies climbing over each other, other than giant CGI zombie hordes it looks like every zombie movie since 28 Days Later.
            Last edited by alexdz; 11-09-2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Looks a bit generic. I'd rather watch 28 days or Shaun of the dead.
              Last edited by aris13; 11-09-2012, 04:59 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                The only thing I liked was the end with the zombies climbing over each other, other than giant CGI zombie hordes it looks like every zombie movie since 24 Days Later.
                I couldn't find a movie titled 24 days later, but if you mean 28 days, those aren't zombie movies. But I agree with you, this looks like the same old crap and it's annoying.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
                  I couldn't find a movie titled 24 days later, but if you mean 28 days, those aren't zombie movies. But I agree with you, this looks like the same old crap and it's annoying.
                  Yes, 28.

And I still see it as a zombie movie, just because it's some rage virus and they aren't shambling undead it doesn't take away the formula of people becoming mindless monsters for some reason or other. The meaning of the word zombie has changed so much through the years, you can't say it can only be used for one specific kind of thing.

Comment

I'm not bothered by the movie being loosely based on the book. We got that before with the LotR movies and even Harry Potter and yet they turn out fine. So I'll probably rent this one when it comes out on Netflix.

I do find it amusing though, that the "human" zombies somehow possess nonhuman powers that defy their anatomical structure or physical capabilities. Suddenly they all become fugitives from Cirque du Soleil... and... shouldn't most of them be FAT AND OUT OF SHAPE?

Roger Ebert should have a field day with this one.
                    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                    sigpic

Comment

Trust me, compared to this, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter might as well be a film of someone turning each page. This literally has two things the same - the title, and a black president. Everything else - even down to the zombies changing from slow, shuffling dead infected to rage virus infected - is different. It's actually incredible frustrating if you read World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide, as the movie isn't just ignoring them - it's actively contradicting them. Pretty much as much as humanely possible.

It really feels like someone went, 'Yeah, we don't actually want to make a World War Z movie...but we'd really like the ton of people who read it to show up and pay so, uh, how about we just use the title?'

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                        I could not give a fuck if they follow the book or not. I'm loving what I saw.

If I wanted the same story as the book I'll just read it again.
                        Well,Hope you enjoy your PG-13 zombie film then :/
                        And no I'm not joking about the rating.

Comment

It's weird that Twilight with zombies and comedy seems more interesting to me than WWZ.

Comment

Looks like crap

Comment

Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
                              The infected in those movies aren't zombies but the movies themselves are still considered to be in the zombie genre last I checked.

Anyway though, I saw CGI zombies... Hordes of CGI zombies in fact, swarming every where like insects... This is going to be awful.
                              Last edited by Spera01; 11-09-2012, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X