Concerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerts

Curious: anyone go to any concerts this year, planning on going to one? Or even your most memorable concerts? I went to see Otep on April 2nd, and my gosh, that was AWESOME. The crowd got really crazy; Otep told them to make a mosh pit and I quote exactly: "The first rule of fight club? Don't talk about fight club. Second rule: don't talk about fight club. Third and final rule: If you are new to fight club, you have to fight. I wanna see you make a steel-strong classic circle mosh pit! Not a triangle, not a square....A CIRCLE! If you see someone not jumping, knock them the eff down!" Needless to say, everybody jumped and went crazy xD She signed the little booklet in my Hydra album, and she flipped my mom off when she took the picture Best.concert. EVER.
    sigpic

Awesome that you're into going to concerts so young. Cool parents that let you go . Stay safe in the mosh pits.

I love going to gigs. Last month I drove 7 hours to go to a concert. Then back the next day. Totally worth it. It was a couple of musicians that I'd always wanted to see - performing for free together. (Neil Finn of Crowded House and Split Enz; with Paul Kelly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Us3H72U4Q)
    I've been going to shows since I was 18 and even a few underage ones before. I'm feeling my age and getting a bit too old to jump around like I used to, but I love to hear music performed live.
    Music festivals are great to experience new bands. I try to go to a couple a year. Last year I went to one on a cruise in Florida, featuring one of my favourite bands. It was amazing fun.
    sigpic

Comment

Don't go to anything these days, ticket prices in UK have skyrocketed and aren't worth it anymore, cheaper to coach into europe somewhere with ticket price included than to just buy a ticket here, and here still need some form of transport.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Rammstein in 2011 at the Oracle Arena. I've never seen anything like it. But I want to again. <3

(Not my video)

Comment

I've seen Paramore in 2010, shortly before the Brother's Farro left. I'm praying they will announce UK dates soon.

Also seen Ellie Goulding, and likewise very much like to see her again, but yeah echoing what Drac has said the prices are pure extortion now.
          Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 04-08-2013, 01:58 PM.
          http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
          http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
          Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I am a festival/concert junkie.

Korn (w/Head), Slipknot, Slayer, Pantera (w/Dimebag), Black Sabbath, Mudvayne, Alice in Chains, Judas Priest, Staind, Morbid Angel, Static-X, Wu-Tang, Snoop Dogg, Linkin Park, Kid Rock, System of a Down, GodSmack, Lacuna Coil, and the list goes on and on and on an on.... I've seen many acts live!

I never got to see the White Stripes, though.

The first concert I attended was Metallica's "Summer Sanitarium" tour, in 2000. I was 14 years old. James Hetfield missed the show, due to a motor accident, so audience members got a 'once in a lifetime' show, when performers from other bands all collaborated for Metallica's set. Other than the performances, all I can remember was that is was sooo goddamn hot outside, that guards began to spray the crowd with a professional fireman-style water hose.

I've started a lot of pits, and enjoyed every second... too old for that stuff, nowadays.

Ticket prices for these arena bands are insanely expensive, anymore, though... that, and no one ever comes here; I usually have to take a 3-7 hour road-trip... which can be fun, with good company.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I went to quite a few concerts as a teen, and while these days I don't go to much, if the band's right then I'm there.

I've seen (off the top of my head) Franz Ferdinand, Modest Mouse, Morrissey, Pixies (3 times), The Dandy Warhols (twice), The Brian Jonestown Massacre (about half a dozen times), Beach House (4x), Public Image Ltd., The Black Angels, The Warlocks, David Byrne, TV on the Radio, and some more. Yep, I'm something of a hipster in terms of music taste.

Not much I want to see these days besides more Beach House, more BJM, Faith No More if they go on more reunion tours (according to Patton that's unlikely), My Bloody Valentine, and God willing, Stone Roses.

Comment

Really nice to hear about all these concerts; I'm a fan of some of the various bands mentioned, as well as my parents! My mom's been to some Judas Priest, Halford, and Type-O Negative concerts way back. She wanted to go to a Rammstein one but work held her back from that :/ (it was in NJ, I believe). Slayer is a group I'd LOVE to see.. One Eyed Doll was also at the concert I went to (after Picture Me Broken, OED opened for Otep); Kimberly is so sweet! Sounds amazing live, and had the best stage performance. Plus....I gots a HUG
                sigpic

Comment

All the time, I love concerts. Nice! Otep and Ellie Goulding are two I'd love to see. Calvin Harris is one I've been wanting to see for yeaaaars but he only supports Rihanna and the like...

From the top of my head...

Paramore (x3), Enter Shikari (x3), Crystal Castles (x2), Katy Perry, Attack Attack! (US), The Birthday Massacre, Ke$ha, LMFAO, Natalia Kills, The Mission District, 3OH!3, Innerpartysystem, Feeder, Senses Fail, Blood on the Dance Floor, Mayday Parade, We Are The In Crowd, We Are The Ocean, fun., Funeral For a Friend, Lifehouse and The Devil Wears Prada.

At least, as far as I know that is all of them.

So far this year, I have planned:

Enter Shikari - May
                  Emilie Autumn - August

Comment

Originally posted by A_Jill_Sandwich View Post
                    Really nice to hear about all these concerts; I'm a fan of some of the various bands mentioned, as well as my parents! My mom's been to some Judas Priest, Halford, and Type-O Negative concerts way back. She wanted to go to a Rammstein one but work held her back from that :/ (it was in NJ, I believe). Slayer is a group I'd LOVE to see.. One Eyed Doll was also at the concert I went to (after Picture Me Broken, OED opened for Otep); Kimberly is so sweet! Sounds amazing live, and had the best stage performance. Plus....I gots a HUG
                    Judas Priest put on an excellent show; Halford can still hit those high notes, for sure. Color me impressed.

I'm not their biggest fan, but I'd still like to see Type-O Negative. Quite a few I've known have praised them.

Rammstein puts on an excellent show, as well. Very weird stuff, but good ...if that's your thing. ;)

When I saw Slayer, they were headlining their "God Hates Us All" arena tour. I believe Morbid Angel was there, as well. They played all the good stuff (radio singles), and a few from "God Hates Us All (Bloodline, etc). Still, a great show... and Kerry King kicked some major ass. He played guitar wearing a wristband that had 7inch spikes! Still puzzled as to how he pulled that one off.

I saw Otep, too. That was a fucking blast. Otep (the female singer) had a dead pig's severed head stuck onto a microphone stand throughout the entire performance, and on the pig's head was the word "MEN" written with a sharpie.

I'm going to see a Pink Floyd cover band, Brit Floyd, Tuesday. They are playing 5 full albums, back-to-back... I can't wait! Anyone else seen this band?
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                      Judas Priest put on an excellent show; Halford can still hit those high notes, for sure. Color me impressed.

I'm not their biggest fan, but I'd still like to see Type-O Negative. Quite a few I've known have praised them.

Rammstein puts on an excellent show, as well. Very weird stuff, but good ...if that's your thing. ;)

When I saw Slayer, they were headlining their "God Hates Us All" arena tour. I believe Morbid Angel was there, as well. They played all the good stuff (radio singles), and a few from "God Hates Us All (Bloodline, etc). Still, a great show... and Kerry King kicked some major ass. He played guitar wearing a wristband that had 7inch spikes! Still puzzled as to how he pulled that one off.

I saw Otep, too. That was a fucking blast. Otep (the female singer) had a dead pig's severed head stuck onto a microphone stand throughout the entire performance, and on the pig's head was the word "MEN" written with a sharpie.

I'm going to see a Pink Floyd cover band, Brit Floyd, Tuesday. They are playing 5 full albums, back-to-back... I can't wait! Anyone else seen this band?
                      Yeah, she did the pig head thing too at the one I went to! She even spun it around a few times! (She put it out before Blood Pigs, I believe). Otep called out a guy pushing and shoving to get to the front to record in I think, like, mid song. That was just glorious. Needless to say, the guy put that camera AWAY xD
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by A_Jill_Sandwich View Post
                        Yeah, she did the pig head thing too at the one I went to! She even spun it around a few times! (She put it out before Blood Pigs, I believe). Otep called out a guy pushing and shoving to get to the front to record in I think, like, mid song. That was just glorious. Needless to say, the guy put that camera AWAY xD
                        Heh, I would have liked to witnessed that one.

...wasn't the case, at the concert I attended. I think just about every man's testicles sucked up into their stomachs when the saw that dead pig head. Or maybe it was just the flies that swarmed around it.

Still, people rocked-out and had fun. IIRC, it was at some Ozzfest (attended far too many to remember the year/location).
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                        X