Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil clone made in Blender

05-13-2014

Now the masks works in rooms with enemies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Máscaras operativas al 100%.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	406264

03-02-2014

Unfortunately I haven't too much time to work on this little project. In any case, here's an update:

This is the second "diary of development" video of the classic survival horror I'm making. The game is called "Brain infection", and will be a Resident Evil clone of the PSX era in terms of graphics and gameplay. This is a list of the new accomplishments I have achieved:

-Panoramic resolution.
    -Lighting effects.
    -Improved 3D models.
    -Placeholders textures and animations.
    -Room connections.
    -Music, from the WIP OST.

06-08-2013

Few months ago, I've been using the free software Blender and I've found a way to make games like classic Resident Evil. I'm considering making a complete game, because I know how to do all the necessary in Blender. This is a list of the accomplishments I have achieved:

-Pre-rendered operational scenarios.
    -Inclusion of masks on scenary.
    -Included interaction with scenario (in the video that I put, this can be seen when I'm examining the fireplace).
    -Operating static camera system.
    -Inclusion of 3D models for characters and enemies (no textures or animations yet, extracted from RE Nemesis and will be replaced by others with better quality due time).
    -Basic artificial intelligence.

This is a short video of the progress made (nothing that appears in it is final, and don't represent the quality I want to achieve in the game, is just a proof of concept).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vqhs...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by The_Wes; 05-13-2014, 08:39 AM.
    Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

love the music change prerendered background and masking? dude you are on the right track. this could turn to very , very big thing. looking forward to see where this goes.
    ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

I'm in debt with you Marvin! You are who explained me how to do pre-rendered backgrounds and masking system.

Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
      I know this is a bit offtopic, but I wanna ask something to the Team or someone who knows the answer. I´m trying to understand how the pre-rendered backgrounds works, how the characters pass behind the objects and how change their size. Is this a correct way???
      Originally posted by Marvin View Post
      You dont change character size yourself. 3d engine gotta draw all 3d objects in particualr scene with same camera location, FOV (field of view), zoom, rotation as in prerendered scene camera.

Here is the basic outline of using prendered background with usual 3d stuff
      I'm glad you like it, maybe when this summer ends I release a playable demo of this game. The name is "Brain infection". I will put updates of the project in this thread.
      Last edited by The_Wes; 06-08-2013, 08:26 AM.
      Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

i didnt realize this based on my explanations i think once you have character anmations and shooting system, people will start raising heads a lot.

Comment

Here is a little updated. Proof of zombie's face texture:

Comment

given the correct lights and environment this could freak me out. btw. i hope you put 90% of your time and power to animations. attacks, movements, run. Almost all projects I have seen that handle stuff from scratch fail in animations part. So, write in the huge red marker a note. ANIMATIONS IS MOST IMPORTANT. next thing is lightning. Waiting for more!

Comment

Ok Marvin!!! I will put a special care in animations and lighting. Anyway when I update this thread in the future, I hope you can provide me some feedback to improve the results!!!

Comment

Yes, of course I can give you feedback. but yes, everything starts with animations. I am not saying you should make them exactly like in resident evil. but they must be realistic. most important is that they "feel" right. in barebone (!) realism means that given character weight and move is possible at all.

just try not to end up anmiations as in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfu3YigK9ro , this is by Red Team , although their work seem at some point quite interesting and I followed their progess, the animations are really bad. characters are like paper bags. Also they failed at FOV (field of view) in almost all camera renders. Pay good attention to FOV too.

and one recommendation more, try to focus on only few rooms or areas. build everything up on them, good lighting and shadows. I recommend making a dark hallway with square windows and nice carpets on wall. also worth taking note is that less is more.

take a look at my attempts here. FOV is quite ok. I do miss a lot still. i aimed re1 style. each re game up to nemesis use their own atmosphere. It is very hard to nail it. I suck at it as you can see I might have potential if I tried harder. but i am too lazy ass for this
                also note that I lack on these pictures a really dark corners...

what is your goal btw, any specific atmosphere?
                Last edited by Marvin; 06-12-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Me too aimed to a RE 1 style. I don't think your backgrounds suck, is a very good attempt!!! I saw some videos of that project of Red Team. His main failure is the lighting over the characters. Seems like they omitted the shadows in the characters and the result isn't good at all. My pre-renders of the dinning room isn't final, but I know I have to improve the lighting. I will do. One more thing, I think the FOV in my pre-renders is ok, I need to improve that stuff???

Comment

FOV seems ok. I mean I have no complaints. But lighting not ok. You have too much light. Maybe try reduce lighting area. But don't stress on it now i think. Try to make main character *walk* around. Even run perhaps. Once you get better and better with animations and animation mapping (if walk then this animation, if run then this animation) everything will fall in place on its own. Once you have basic movements and perhaps even shooting enemie and enemie dying, you can start stessing on background. however switching on different parts of projct is not bad either. Dunno what works best in you. Just try to make everything joyful! Don't get frustrated on something. If it doesnt work take a time to think. I am coding daily a lot of things for example and i often go outside to walk or play ball just to get my brain off some problem, then I suddenly know what to do. Thats all i can recommend at the moment. You have made interesting progress and much futher than I ever actually got. Making stuff like this from scratch is epic.
                    Last edited by Marvin; 06-12-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I will read some manuals about lighting in blender ;). Now I can't work in the project during one month because i'm on exams period. I will use this time for relax and think about the project (and obviously study XD). The next thing I will work is in textures and animations of the characters.

Comment

I leave an image them of since serious the inventor menu of the game but this one this one done on the basis of RE2, it will be different.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Render pruena pasillo 1F W.png
Views:	1
Size:	371.0 KB
ID:	403115

A new render of "Brain infection". This is just a pre-beta background. When my teammate Panmodecilla do his magic, we repost the beta render.
                          Last edited by The_Wes; 06-18-2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8912[/ATTACH]

A new render of "Brain infection". This is just a pre-beta background. When my teammate Panmodecilla do his magic, we repost the beta render.
                            I am charmed with it, you are OK, nothing gives you badly the shaped one, I want to see more parts of this scene!! Jejeje. Certainly, I to like to know that of renderizado the people like style mas, I have made RE's scene 1.5, the Lobby of the police station and even not this one finished but I to like to know with which you to stay and this way to finish it and to raise it

In Spanish:

me encanta, vas muy bien, no se te da nada mal el modelado, quiero ver más partes de ese escenario!! jejeje.

Por cierto, me gustaria saber que estilo de renderizado le gusta mas a la gente, he hecho un escenario de RE 1.5, el Lobby de la comisaria y aun no esta terminado pero me gustaria saber con cual os quedar y asi terminarlo y subirlo

Regards!!

GOD WORK the_wes!!!!!!

Comment

I prefer the first render, the style is more realistic. The second seems like you are in an aquarium XD.

Comment

Working...
                              X