Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Video Games censored in Japan

I have known Violent Video Games that have been censored in Japan:

1. Resident Evil series (in terms of Blood and Gore and decapitation)

2. God of War series (in terms of Ultra violent scenes of Blood and Gore and Nudity)

3. Gears of War series (in terms of Gore and Decapitation)

4. No More Heroes series (censored Red Blood and Gore to keep a D rating in Japan)

5. Dead Space Extraction (Censored human beheading, rest of series not dubbed in Japanese or released)

6. Bulletstorm (No Red Blood and Gore)

7. Uncharted series (Censored Red Blood on a Japanese PS3 system)

8. Calls of Duty series (In terms of decapitation, and World at War unreleased in Japan)

9. Resistance series (First game had censored red blood on a Japanese system, second and third: no gore and decapitated stuff)

10. Grand Theft Auto Series (censored blood and gore and a lot of nudity)

Think more of these games that have been censored in Japan and why they are.
    Last edited by Joehrex; 06-09-2013, 05:35 PM. Reason: I forgot to explain them all.

It would be useful if you started by giving the reasons for your own examples.

Metal Gear Rising was the last game I noticed which had the red blood replaced with white cyborg blood, to avoid the CERO Adults only rating.

Comment

Watch out Australia! Here comes Japan! .

Comment

Well Japan actually has an Adult rating to provide games at least, did they ever get that in Australia? I don't remember how it turned out.

Comment

Can we get a mod to do something about this guy and his constant posts about decapitations in video games? This is just becoming spam from Joehrex who makes these threads on like 3 other forums, including the official capcom BBs.

Just stop it dude, your fetish about this, is really just silly and you're a nuisance on this forum demanding answers about why there aren't more decapitations on Jill.

If you want that stuff, go browse the internet, I'm sure if there. It ain't here, stop posting these stupid threads already.
          Last edited by Wrathborne; 06-12-2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
            Well Japan actually has an Adult rating to provide games at least, did they ever get that in Australia? I don't remember how it turned out.
            In the end, Australia got their 18+ game rating. Games such as Left 4 Dead 2 and Mortal Kombat I believe were re-leased uncensored which everyone welcomed.

Comment

Yeah we have out R18+ now, but it doesnt really matter, most ppl import here anyway, much cheaper than the stores. One of the things I love about the PS3 being region free

Comment

Why specifically Japan? Other places have censored stuff too.

Also yeah, I do worry about your obsession with censorship (specifically decapitations in RE3 if I recall). However it's not severely punishable if you ask me, at least not yet. He's playing by the rules.

Comment

I guess that dude needs his daily dose of chechclear video.

When you think that not long ago it was the contrary when it comes to censorship. We had mostly everything censored and needed to buy the original japanese versions.

Comment

Please don't take it out on me just because I love the gore and the decapitation! If you want me to stop this crap, I'll stop talking about it! I'm not going to post anything. If I did, you'll just say bad things about me! I'm tired of this!
                    Last edited by Joehrex; 06-18-2013, 06:13 AM.

Comment

No, you won't stop talking about it. Mostly because you're pretty much a troll who has been doing this same routine on other RE forums.

And what makes it worse is that you're a troll who leaves an oblivious paper trail.

(You freaking out at members of this RE forum, and using racial slurs )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZmFQksJ_Nw Does anybody have a U.S. PS1 version with zombie decapitation kick by Jill uncensored as seen on Youtube? Move the video length to 6:54, please! I just want to make sure if anybody has it.

(You begging for Jill decapitations)

(You again, begging for Jill decapitations)

(you STILL begging for more Jill decapitations)

I spent about 10 minutes gathering up these links as well as reading some of your comments you left on these forums...You shouldn't have internet access.

I mean the constant use of racial slurs alone already shows you aren't mature enough to be online unsupervised.

And when a guy like me says that, that means something.
                      I may be an irate, opinionated smartass...but you're out there.
                      Last edited by Wrathborne; 06-18-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

i have done the same thing for certain movies.

maybe not the weird freakouts, but posting everywhere looking for the same thing. if he is not really a troll, i know where he is coming from.

though, i find the first post you made in this thread just as creepy as some of his you just posted.
                        Last edited by J0shuaKane; 06-18-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                          No, you won't stop talking about it. Mostly because you're pretty much a troll who has been doing this same routine on other RE forums.

And what makes it worse is that you're a troll who leaves an oblivious paper trail.

(You freaking out at members of this RE forum, and using racial slurs )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZmFQksJ_Nw Does anybody have a U.S. PS1 version with zombie decapitation kick by Jill uncensored as seen on Youtube? Move the video length to 6:54, please! I just want to make sure if anybody has it.

(You begging for Jill decapitations)

(You again, begging for Jill decapitations)

(you STILL begging for more Jill decapitations)

I spent about 10 minutes gathering up these links as well as reading some of your comments you left on these forums...You shouldn't have internet access.

I mean the constant use of racial slurs alone already shows you aren't mature enough to be online unsupervised.

And when a guy like me says that, that means something.
                          I may be an irate, opinionated smartass...but you're out there.
                          Yes I'm a troll! Because this is why I hate Resident Evil! I also hate forums! I can't think straight, because I'm losing my mind! I'm getting stupider each year! I say things on forums that don't make a lot of sense. Everyone say something hateful about me! I'm ready!
                          Last edited by Joehrex; 06-18-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                            though, i find the first post you made in this thread just as creepy as some of his you just posted.
                            Yeah, because saying he has a decapitation fetish is just as creepy as him using racial slurs against several other members of another forum.

Comment

At first I thought of it as him wanting a complete version of RE3, a version without censorship so it feels more complete and untouched. After the many threads and some of the posts from other forums that you have shown Wrathborne, maybe it's just a strange obsession?

Comment

Working...
                              X