Do you like the 90's rock???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like the 90's rock???

It's my favorite style (grunge), especially the Seattle scene. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Temple of the Dog. There was also good and similar bands out of Seattle as Smashing Pumpkins and Stone Temple Pilots. What is your opinion about this style of music?

Two versions of some of these groups that I recorded last year with my bass:

Bullet with Butterfly Wings of Smashing Pumpkins:

On a plain of Nirvana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=GeZpmQ_fDJs#!
    Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

It's music I like to listen to now and then. Garbage got me hooked though, love them.

Comment

"I think I'm paranoid" is a very good song! I like it!!!
      Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

The 90s was all Ocean Colour Scene and Kula Shaker personally, maybe it's just me.

Comment

I also enjoy the Britpop. The 90's was big in terms of music quality.

Comment

For me it's hard to remember a lot of anything else. I remember my brother being the Green Day and Rage Against Machine fan, but the British bands were the big thing at the time, those early teens for me. Most listened to albums of that decade which didn't fall under that label were probably things like OK Computer or Californication.

Comment

OK computer and Californication are just EPIC albums. But that aren't a strange thing... Radiohead was one of the best bands of 90's and OK computer is considered their best album. Paranoid android, Karma Police, Climbing Up the Walls... My God!!! Epic... And Californication means the return of John Frusciante to the Red Hot, this is synonym of quality. But I don't consider Californication like a 90's album, even when it was released in 1999. Seems most like the music of the new century to me.

Comment

I'm more of an '80s music person (even though I spent all of a month and a half in the decade), but I do like some '90s rock. Has anyone heard of Electrasy? I felt like they were a better Linkin Park.

Comment

I never heard about Electrasy. I will take a heard!!!

Comment

I like the Sundays! Kinda like the cranberries but not really. Lead female singer was/is pretty hot too!

Comment

Blur is the only good thing about 90's music I remember. The US stuff was an ear ache.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                        Blur is the only good thing about 90's music I remember. The US stuff was an ear ache.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_m2ohxkoqD31qk88o4.gif
Views:	1
Size:	499.6 KB
ID:	403113

Comment

No one has mentioned NIN or Tool.

You should all be ashamed.

Comment

Tool and Trenz rocks!!! Sober and Hurt are very good songs.

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post

Blur is a very good band. Always I take my bass, I play bettlebum (awesome bassline) but if you say the only good thing in the 90's is Blur, this is a proof of your lack of musical knowledges.

Comment

I grew up on 80's new wave and 90's rock. I still listen to Nirvana at least once a week. The 1/23/88 studio session is truly special.
                              sigpic
                              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Working...
                              X