The Future of Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Scotland

Let me preface this post by saying that, although I am of partial Scottish and English descent, that side of my family (non-Norwegian) has resided in North America since 1620, so the fate of Scotland and the Union have a tangible effect on neither me nor my immediate family; I'm thus void of personal investment and opinion on the matter.

I am curious to know how you (especially citizens and expatriates of the UK and ROI) feel about Scottish independence, votes for which will be cast this autumn.

Paul, I'm especially curious to know what you think about this, since I am virtually guaranteed a solidly framed response.
    Last edited by Enigmatism415; 01-31-2014, 05:19 PM.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    Paul, I'm especially curious to know what you think about this, since I am virtually guaranteed a solidly framed response.
    You'll be disappointed as I've never cared about independence from the UK. Whatever way Scotland goes is of no consequence to me.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I'm from Edinburgh, but does this affect me?

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        You'll be disappointed as I've never cared about independence from the UK. Whatever way Scotland goes is of no consequence to me.
        Well since you live in Belfast, I thought you might. I've read several articles saying that Northern Ireland could be one of the most affected regions after Scottish independence because it would have two foreign nations flanking it and separating it from the rest of the UK.

It also gives some Irish nationalists hope that the ROI can one day annex the north.
        Last edited by Enigmatism415; 02-01-2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BSAA . Org View Post
          I'm from Edinburgh, but does this affect me?
          If the referendum is approved by the public, then yes it would indeed. Although the current plan is to retain the sterling currency, a switch to Euros is not out of the question. You'd also need your passport to leave Scotland.

Comment

I doesn't interest me that much, but I wonder how much of will vote independence, after all they get funds from the UK that will need to be replaced by their own taxes. I also wonder how much shit will be started over who owns the North Sea oil and whether they are able to keep the Sterling currency. Like I said I don't follow this closely so am not to up to date with what the real benefits here are besides a boost in nationalist pride.

Comment

Here's my solidly framed response

Can't believe how one picture can be so awesome.

Comment

Working...
              X