Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMNT Film (2014)

So the first full trailer is here.

Megan Fox wouldn't be my first or 30th pick for April, but apparently Michael Bay loves her.

As for the turtles, they kinda remind me of these guys...

"One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Remember, by going to theaters and watching this movie you're giving money to Michael Bay to continue making the garbage he loves to make.

I really like William Fichtner, hes a damn fine actor, but he's way to good to be in a film like this.
    Cant say I have much faith when this is what the Shredder looks like.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	shredder-2014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	403623
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-28-2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I liked Transformers and Dark of the Moon (not so much Revenge of the Fallen, though) so I'm willing to give it a shot.

I'm just waiting for someone to bitch about "alienzzz" when throughout their history the turtles have had a myriad of origin stories that are pretty widely different from one another.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
        I liked Transformers and Dark of the Moon (not so much Revenge of the Fallen, though) so I'm willing to give it a shot.

I'm just waiting for someone to bitch about "alienzzz" when throughout their history the turtles have had a myriad of origin stories that are pretty widely different from one another.
        Thank you! I don't understand why nobody realizes this. If you ever read the comics the "origin" for ALL the different turtles universes is based off the fact that an alien race named the Utroms (who Krang from the 80's/90's show and Nickelodeons Krang are based of off) are responsible for accidentally creating the turtles; that's the original origin from the comics written by creators Eastman and Laird.

To those who are complaining about this movie please, please, PLEASE watch my youtube video. My knowledge of the Turtles will qualm all your fears you may have associated with this movie and I even explain why Shredder is white. Check it out, you will not be disappointed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSTlWNHpUmM
        Last edited by 2ton20one; 04-01-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Well that is crap. The turtles were always born, mutated and raised on earth, Splinter was a rat that learned karate (as stupid as it sounds) and then mutated. Any origin of the mutagen is besides the point. These Bay Turtles and presumably Splinter are flat out aliens, the 'Mutant' part is gone, so is the Turtles love for the human world and modern pop culture. TANT it should be called.
          Last edited by Dracarys; 04-01-2014, 10:20 AM.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
            Well that is crap. The turtles were always born, mutated and raised on earth, Splinter was a rat that learned karate (as stupid as it sounds) and then mutated. Any origin of the mutagen is besides the point. These Bay Turtles and presumably Splinter are flat out aliens, the 'Mutant' part is gone, so is the Turtles love for the human world and modern pop culture. TANT it should be called.
            DUH! You are right but wrong. After the aliens were stranded on earth they (the Utroms) created the ooze which powered there transmat but ACCIDENTALLY lost a canister which fell down the sewer creating the turtles and splinter.

WOW. In an age of technology where anybody can learn absolutely anything just by typing something into a search engine people are still too damn ignorant to try and learn anything and would rather complain even when presented with SOLID FACTS!

I provided a link to my video two post up...take 20 minutes and learn something.
            Last edited by 2ton20one; 04-01-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I think its so funny that there is so much cynicism for a trailer when more then half of everyone who is complaining knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING what so ever about the TMNT. I don't see anyone who is complaining have any factual basis in there complaints. I keep preaching to everyone and even provided a link for a youtube video I made that will explain everything.

I just think its really funny that in an age of technology where we have little portable knowledge devices (internet browsers) built into our cellphones and the ability to learn anything we want 90 percent of the world would rather post there status on facebook and bitch about something without knowing anything about the subject what so ever. *Sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by 2ton20one View Post
                DUH! You are right but wrong. After the aliens were stranded on earth they (the Utroms) created the ooze which powered there transmat but ACCIDENTALLY lost a canister which fell down the sewer creating the turtles and splinter.
                So...they are not aliens then.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                  So...they are not aliens then.
                  No, they have never been "aliens" nor will they be alien in the new movie.

IF YOU ACTUALLY READ WHAT I POSTED I SAID The Ooze is confirmed to be alien in origin which follows the original comic book story line. When Michael Bay said they were aliens he misspoke that's all; he even came out and recanted his statement telling everyone he misspoke and that this movie will follow the comic book series extremely closely.

If you watch the interview with William Fitchner he says the Turtles creation is heavily influenced by the Shredder. Since the Ooze is already confirmed to be from outer space (aka alien in origin) and if you WATCHED MY VIDEO I explain that this Shredder is based of the 2003 cartoon show story arch (I'm pretty sure this movie was being written around the time that this show was on the air). Shredder is more then likely an alien (an Utrom named Ch'rell) in a bio mechanical exosuit kinda like Krang from the 80's/90's tv show which is he is white in this movie. He's merely wearing a different "skin" to hide his true identity and run the company TCRI without being detected. Once again if you haven't watched my youtube video scroll up and find it. Its based on facts and it explains so much.

The show that I'm basing my Shredder theory off of ran from 2003 to 2009.
                  Last edited by 2ton20one; 04-01-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Already reported this troll/ new TMNT plant(hes talked about nothing but TMNT since joining up a few days back. Being that this is an RE forum thats just really out of place) to the mods. Just ignore him.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                      Already reported this troll/ new TMNT plant(hes talked about nothing but TMNT since joining up a few days back. Being that this is an RE forum thats just really out of place) to the mods. Just ignore him.
                      Its not trolling when you're conversing and explaining something. Secondly considering I posted in the off topic forum I can talk about anything I want as long as its not offensive. Thanks for reporting me. I admit I posted my link twice only because I didn't realize there was already a thread. And I joined this site because I'm a R.E. fan. I think your just irritated because my point negates all the negativity attributed with this film and you actually might have to think for yourself instead of what you normally do which I can only assume is jump on the hate band wagon and bash something without any facts to back up your aggression.

Im SO SO SO sorry I posted something twice. GET OVER IT!

PS There making a fourth Transformers movie. Michael Bays gonna direct it and it will make SO MUCH MONEY!
                      Last edited by 2ton20one; 04-01-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Meh, Michael Bay is shit. His entire deal seems to be cashing in on people's childhood and then adding explosions and non-sensical plot points. That he keeps making money doesn't mean he's any good, otherwise Paul WS Anderson would be considered a real director. Instead of a deeply creepy guy with a fanfic, a Mary Sue, a jar of vaseline and a studio contract. The fact he makes money just shows most people's standards are really, really fucking low sometimes. I'm sure the movies can be enjoyable, mind you, although not to me. But they could oh-so-easily be so much better...half the explosions, more plot and no swinging wrecking balls and you instantly make them more palatable!

I'll admit, I'm a snob, but I had no intention of seeing this as soon as I knew Michael Bay was involved. I can only take so many franchises I love and watch them turned into really, really awful movies. But the freaky Shrek lips kinda sealed the deal. I'd spend that whole movie screaming everytime a turtle spoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          The fact he makes money just shows most people's standards are really, really fucking low sometimes.
                          Yeah there are what, 6 Resident evil films out there and its one of the most successful franchises ever made...and it about got the exact same contents as an outhouse. But people keep watching them.

I'm a snob too, I know theres not really nothing wrong with people enjoying themselves. But at the same time its rewarding laziness, killing creativity and lowering everyone's attention spans.

Comment

easily the most faithful adaptation to date, yet it is receiving the most complaints.

looks pretty fucking awesome to me.

Comment

easily the most faithful adaptation to date, yet it is receiving the most complaints.

looks pretty fucking awesome to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X