Parasyte(Japanese) trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parasyte(Japanese) trailer

Was always a huge fan of the manga and thought it'd translate to being a great series of films...looks like they're compressing it all into 1 movie though...which is NOT a smart thing to do. So many of the events that happen to the main character Shin and "Righty" would be lost and would end up making say, two great movies, into one OK movie.

This Manga is definitely one of the inspirations for the later RE games as Parasytes were pretty much lifted from the manga to becoming Ganados, Majini, and Ja'avo.

Seems like every time Japan tries to make a live action version of a manga, it always strikes out. Horror especially. Look at everything ever adapted of Junji Ito's work.

Comment

Agreed there, Uzumaki was a pretty stale adaptation, granted the whole deterioration of of the town and the ending of that Manga was pretty crappy I thought, but he does like his depressing endings. Some of them work though, cant fault him there.

Apparently this is going to be 2 films instead of one, which makes me feel better, even though part of me thinks it'd be better as 3 films. Theres enough story for 3, but it'd be kind of tricky to pull off.

Comment

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!

i need to get them to read again, some little butt-munch stole my books in middle school. i know it wont be as raw as the manga, but it still looks entertaining...

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          Agreed there, Uzumaki was a pretty stale adaptation, granted the whole deterioration of of the town and the ending of that Manga was pretty crappy I thought, but he does like his depressing endings. Some of them work though, cant fault him there.

Apparently this is going to be 2 films instead of one, which makes me feel better, even though part of me thinks it'd be better as 3 films. Theres enough story for 3, but it'd be kind of tricky to pull off.
          Honestly I'm far more upset up Long Dream's adaptation. A story that is absolutely horrifying on its own, without gore or blood at all. It's sad and just downright chilling to think about, dreaming for so long you can't separate reality from the dream.

Welp, let's go ahead and add a weird girlfriend subplot, lots of jump scares, and a weird bloody killer angle. LOLOL.

Comment

Working...
          X