Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evil Dead, the TV series. Yes, this is real.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Dead, the TV series. Yes, this is real.

I have no idea how Sam,Bruce, and Rob are going to do this really. I mean Evil Dead needs gore, preferably gratuitous but the only networks I can think of who would support an ED TV series...would be AMC(who shouldn't be trusted as they buttfucked the Walking Dead),SCFY(who also shouldn't be trusted) or HBO. Still, I'm kind of shocked to see this is legit.

Never thought I'd see anymore Evil Dead from Sam, Rob,and Bruce but...a TV series? I am intrigued, I'll say that.

Bruce campell is finally back as Ash ! it's been nearly 21 years since army of darkness, i don't care if its a tv series or a movie, i want to see him kick some deadites asses one more time !

Comment

This might be my most anticipated TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
        I mean Evil Dead needs gore, preferably gratuitous but the only networks I can think of who would support an ED TV series...would be AMC(who shouldn't be trusted as they buttfucked the Walking Dead),SCFY(who also shouldn't be trusted) or HBO. Still, I'm kind of shocked to see this is legit.
        With Sam Raimi's name attached to it they won't have a problem landing a network. Hell, Hannibal is one the goriest shows right now and it's on NBC.
        Last edited by aris13; 08-06-2014, 02:15 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

"Scream" will also be getting the TV show treatment. The Scream series probably won't last long especially since Craven is not attached to it, however I still can't even imagine what a Evil Dead series will look like. When I think of Evil Dead I think of a forest, cabin, and gore.....unless they do something like what was seen at the end of Army of Darkness I can't figure out how they could possibly make this into a series.

Comment

We'll just have to wait and see what Raimi and co got planned.

I'm kind of expecting the show to last maybe 1 season myself. I dunno, as cool as ED is...it doesn't always get noticed until maybe a year or two after its been released, least thats how the original 3 films were.

I cant help but wonder if Raimi and his brother had an idea for a 4th film that was too big and they decided to tell the story as a TV show instead. I know they've been trying for years to get a script going and honestly, Raimi has had better luck with TV than movies in a lot of ways.

Hercules and Xena were really big back in the mid to late 90s, and considering they were B-movie style series and managed to grab a fan base as big as they did is still impressive.

I'm still hoping that they can pull off at least a 3 season series. The Evil Dead Fanbase has grown considerably over the years and maybe they can pull it off a couple of seasons of that good old gory insanity we all love.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
              "Scream" will also be getting the TV show treatment. The Scream series probably won't last long especially since Craven is not attached to it.
              How the hell can a Scream TV Series even work? Hahaha. Have a new Ghost Face stalking and killing a different group of teens or college students each week? Or stretch out an entire Ghost Face story over a whole season, with one person getting offed an episode? Well, that last idea could work.

Comment

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                Bruce campell is finally back as Ash ! it's been nearly 21 years since army of darkness
                There were the video games. I remember when Hail to the King was releasing, Campbell said it was pretty much the closest thing to Evil Dead 4 fans would get.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Television does seem to have gone down the path of extremes while cinema is constantly being censored to allow for PG13 ratings.

Comment

I blame the hunger games for that...that and the fact I don't like the Hunger games.

Comment

I'm guessing these recent movie > TV show treatments will be something like the recent Dusk Til Dawn series, expanding on each scene and actually being quite watchable for around 10 eps or so before dissolving into shit.

The Scream series could work quite well actually, in the original there's quite a lot of drama involving police/school students etc. which could be nicely expanded on as they hunt for the killer. i.e. it will probably revolve around "who dunnit".

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                        The Scream series could work quite well actually, in the original there's quite a lot of drama involving police/school students etc. which could be nicely expanded on as they hunt for the killer. i.e. it will probably revolve around "who dunnit".
                        Yeah, I've done some more reading up on it, sounds like a great idea if done right. I was a huge fan of the Scream films in the '90s when I was a teenager. Will be nice to see it rebooted.

Comment

Working...
                        X